F O R T Y - E I G H T

nicki minaj, 2 lit 2 late interlude.

"It was to have me rule with my second chance and that is what I have decided," My eyes meet his that are as wide as the moon, "I will rule with Raheem Jamil by my side."

If you'll have me, I mouth to him and his smile says it all, although he does mouth back of course I will.

"Well then, shall we go tell the public?"

I sat back as everyone left, Motheo being the first to walk off even though he was one of the furthest from the door. Raheem stayed back too but my eyes just couldn't meet his, for some unknown reason I was rather nervous.

"Raheem Jamil, huh?" I can hear the smirk in his voice.

My eyes immediately roll in their sockets, "Yeah, I hear he's quite the Alpha. So, I thought maybe he'd be a great King too." I shrug.

He gets up from his chair and makes his way over to me, kneeling on a single knee whilst the other is bent. A finger coming up under my chin making my eyes focus on his, "Thank you, Lerato, we could've made it here far quicker if I hadn't been a complete tool. I'm so happy you still believe in me... in us, I won't disappoint you ever again. I promise, I'm all yours there's no getting rid of me now."

My hand reaches out for the back of his neck and I bring his face closer to mine as his hands move to my cheeks. Our lips meet and I realise this is the first time I've ever felt his lips on mine and goodness gracious, I never want to go a day without it ever again.

Nobody fights for dominance, the kiss is slow and tender although I can feel the passion, the fire. The bond is wild now, I can feel the electric current far better than I ever could and I love it.

We pull back and he kisses my forehead before placing his on mine, our eyes dancing with joy and a tinge of lust.

"You have no idea how many times I've thought about how good kissing you would feel." He mutters.

Hearing the footsteps approaching he gets to his feet and so do I. Assisting him to remove any lipgloss lingering on his lips. Just as I swipe the final smudge and take a step back a guard appears in the doorway.

The man bows, "Your majesty, they're ready for you."

I smile broadly, "I haven't had my coronation yet, you don't have to be so formal," I chuckle but the guard insists, "Well alright then." I shrug but the smile never drops.

Raheem and I walk hand-in-hand towards the media announcement room and all I can register is excitement. Clearly his presence and the hum of the bond helping to relax me. I steal a peak at him only to find that he had been looking at me already, a smile playing on his lips.

When I catch him his ears start to redden and my eyes widen in surprise, "Oh my gosh!" I whisper yell, "Look at you, you're blushing. Aw, you look so adorable." My bottom lip juts out as the top one is semi sucked into my mouth.

He only chuckles as a low, 'shut up,' is muttered I coo at him for a few more seconds before placing a kiss on his cheek, "My cute little Alpha King." His ears burn up once again and I'm completely chuffed.

I loved falling right back into the banter with Raheem, I'm completely over everything that happened. There's really no reason to cry over spilt milk, it's on the floor and can't be used, can't be repackaged. It is what it is mop it up and move on, that's exactly what I want now. To move on, I've mopped up the past and am definitely ready to move forth.

I'm glad he seems to be ready too.

On the other hand, I need to make sure Motheo is alright. I'll always care deeply for him but I hope he sees Alpha Exodus and learns to move forward. Or maybe he just needs to reject me too for him to feel all his emotions lessen. Usually verbally accepting the rejection doesn't really matter however, he is an Alpha perhaps a one sided rejection isn't enough.

I'd have to speak to Alpha Exodus to find out what's the next move.

Stepping up to the podium and announcing everything to the public went smoothly. I reiterated everything that was spoken about behind closed doors. Also letting them know that my coronation would be announced soon and lastly wishing them all well.

After saying my final goodbye to the last Alpha and see you later to my father, I shut the palace door ready to head home until I remembered this is my home now.

I rubbed my temples with my index and middle finger before letting out a heavy sigh, "Hi, sorry, have you seen Motheo?" I ask a guard and he shakes his head.

I move around the palace asking that until I see him out of a window, sitting on a bench in the garden with his eyes trained on the colourful sun setting sky. I find a door leading out there and make my way towards him.

I sit beside him and cautiously peak at him, "Good to know you can still look at me." He mutters a little bitterly.

I sigh, "Can you blame me for not doing so earlier? You were burning holes into my head, Motheo. I did not want to look at you when you were clearly so upset —"

"Well could you blame me?" He snaps, "My mate rejects me, our bond and not only that but takes up my position. Then she chooses someone else to stand beside her! Was I to look at you with lost puppy eyes? With loving eyes? How am I to even look at you and not feel rage, you've completely shattered me Lerato." He shakes his head gently before settling his gaze on the ground.

A shaky hand makes its way to his knee, "I'm sorry, Motheo but it had to be done. There's no possible way for me to explain it in a way that will make you understand, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I'm sorry for letting it all play out this way, there just wasn't much of another way. I care about you and I always will, that will never fade away but any kind of romantic love I could have ever had for you washed away the moment I read that paper.

"Nothing could ever bring it back or somehow make it surface, nothing. You completely shattered me but I got up and I'm here now, I'll always be in your life if you want me in it. Even if you need some time first, I understand but I could not sit back and let you continue your reign when you make such..."

I wince knowing there's no good way to put it, "Horrible decisions, from the moment I met you you've done nothing but make one bad decision after the other. I'm sorry but off of that judgement I did what I thought was best, I hope some day soon you'll see that. It's about our people, not me or you or even Raheem."

His eyes glisten with unshed tears, "It will always be about you two now. Lerato, I don't want a second chance, I don't want anyone that isn't you. It took me far too long to realise that but... I have and I don't know what I'm going to do now having to be ruled by the two of you."

My mouth is dry and my vocabulary empty, what do I say to that? How could he even think that way, he's meant to find happiness too — he will, he has to.

I open my mouth to finally attempt to string an encouraging sentence together but this time it's his hand that rests on my knee, "It's okay. Thank you, Lerato. In this short time you've taught me far more than I've ever learnt from anyone else I know. You were born to be Queen and I know you'll make an amazing one, I'll take your offer but I definitely would need just a little bit of time before I can hang out with you and my siblings."

I let out a light laugh, "I can accept that, I think they'll suffice for now."

"Oh, don't let Tshiamo hear you saying that," Our voices come out in sync just as he says, "She'll kill you" whilst I say, "She'll kill me."

Hearing the unison we each let out a laugh and I'm glad the day ended on somewhat of a good note.