Part One of Full Metal Zombie.

I looked up at the night sky and smiled. "Look it's the big dipper." I turned to see Addy sitting on the roof of the truck. "Oh man, I've never seen so many stars is such a long time." Doc said 'you saw the stars yesterday." Addy said to him. I looked over at him and Doc was on the roof of the truck with Addy. I looked back at the stars, this was so peaceful. "I can't believe Murphy conived Warren and Garnett?" i looked up and Addy nodded. "Garnett to stop." I said to them. "If he whines long enough he can get anything. Mostly." I turned to see Mack walking over. Addy got off the truck and followed him into the house. "Oh i hope there is a shooting star tonight." Doc said. "So," I jumped and looked at Addy for a moment. She had ran back to truck, because of the star. "If there was, what did you wish for?" She asked me. "The end of the apocalypse... or some fun stuff." Doc said and let out a laugh at him. "Do you want to know what I wished for?" Addy asked me and I slowly nodded. "Ok, but you have to tell me what you wished." I looked at her for a moment. "A shower...and some fun stuff." she said to me and made a face at her. "Alright Addy come on." Mack said to her. "Well?" she asked. "Well um..." I stopped as the door opened and I smiled upon this. Addy turned back and looked at me. I looked down at her, she mouthed oh before there a smile on her face. I stared at her for a moment as Mack pulled her off.

I followed them into the house as 10k walked past me. "Doc's waiting for a shooting star." I said to him and he nodded. I watched as he sat down with doc on the truck. I pushed the door open and heard Warren and Garnett talking. I walked into the kitchen, there was a map on the counter and there looking at it. "I don't think we should have stopped." Garnett said. "We were all getting sick of sleeping in the truck." Warren said to him. "Granted, but we are off course." He said. I walked closer and looked over at the map. "We need to resupply." Warren said. "Well, what if we just take this road instead of going back." I said to them. "When did you get here?" Garnett asked me. "Not that long ago." I said to him. "Which road?' Warren asked me. "Well if we take this road, it will lead up thru Amish country, but it should be faster that driving all the way back." I said to her. "I think this is the first time he's talked to us." Garnett said to Warren. Warren looked at me for a moment. "It should link back up with highway." I said to her and she nodded. "I'm going back outside." I muttered as I walked away. "I don't want you guys out there much longer." Garnett said. "Doc won't come in until he sees a shooting star." I said to him. I pushed the door open and stepped into the night breeze.

"Oh kid you just missed a shooting star." Doc said as I got closer to the truck. "How long ago?" I asked. "Just past." 10k said, looked up at the sky. "Well that I can still wish." I muttered. "My wish is still the same." Doc said, still looking at the sky. I smiled up at Doc for a moment. I put my hands in my pockets and kicked some dirt. "Oh wow." 10k said watching the stars. "Garnett wants up inside." I muttered. I felt bad pulling them out of their fun. Both 10k and Doc looked at me as I bit the inside on my lip. 10k jumped off the truck and looked back at Doc. "Ok, alright. I'm coming. It's getting cold out here anyways." Doc said to us. I opened the door and held it there for them.

Garnett looked at us for a moment and I smiled at him. "Alright kids, we should get to bed." Doc said reading the room. "Alright Doc you take the couch, I'll take the chair, Warren you took the small bed upstairs and you two take the room upstairs." Garnett said to us. I looked at him for a moment as did 10k. "Is there a problem?" He asked us. "Huh." it slipped out and he looked at me for a moment. "No sir." I said quickly and when upstairs.

I slowly closed the door and looked at 10k for a moment. "You really ain't going to tell them are you?" he asked. "I don't know. I mean I trust most of them. I mean Addy knows and you know, but there is something about Murphy that just and this whole mission." I muttered sitting on the bed. I looked at him for a moment. " This really isn't that different from the truck." I said, before laying on the bed. "Excepted is soft." I said and I looked over at him. He sat down on the bed and looked at me. "Tell me something." he said and my heart started to jump. "What happened in Philly... with the car." he asked me. Still not the normal life. "What?" he asked me. Crap i said that out loud. "I-uh, just thought back to before. My family had a car like that and for a moment..." I stopped and thought about it again, before I let out a sigh. I looked down at the ground and realised I was standing up. "Ahh, anyway. We should get some sleep." I said walking closer to the bed. "I'll-" " It this really that different for the truck?" I asked him. He looked at me for a moment as I looked up at him. "No, I guess not." he said to me.