Murphy's Law

"Do you think we'll ever see them again?" Cassandra asked. "Mack and Addy? My heart says yes. But my mind? My mind says no." Warren said. "I was kinda hoping they'd make it with us to the promise land." Doc said. "Can I ask a question?" I asked from the back of the truck. "You just did." Murphy said back to me and rolled my eyes. I was about ask another one when I looked out the window for a moment to see a sign. I smiled as I knew where we were. I know no one could see my ear to ear grin. I looked out the window and let out a huge sigh. "What's wrong kid?' Doc asked me. "Nothing, was just hoping for more snow." I said back to him. Doc just looked back at me as I looked back out the window. I heard a sound and looked over at Murphy before he let out a laugh. I smiled at him before I felt someone looking at me. I turned to see 10k looking at me. I just shrugged at him as he gave me a confused look. I stared at Cassandra as she was looking out the window.

"Now what?" I heard Warren asked and I looked up to see a road block. "Heads up, everybody." Doc said. "I hate roadblocks." 10k said. "Talk about ample parking." I muttered. "Can't you just push that thing out of our way?" Murphy asked. "No thanks. I'd like to hold onto this truck." Warren said to him. She turned away from the cars and into the golf field. "Well this golf course has seen better days." Doc said and I nodded to agree with him. "This is so sad. I learned to play in prison. Always wondered what it'd be like to hang out with the real country club types." Murphy said to us and I looked at him as did Cassandra and 10k. "Think that bridge is gonna hold this truck?" Doc asked Warren and I turned back to see this bridge. "Better test it first." Warren said. We all got out and walked over to the bridge. "Looks pretty solid." Warren said as Doc did this weird walk for a moment.

"Hello, Delta-Xray. Citizen Z calling all cars, calling all cars." I heard and looked down. "Delta-Xray back at you." Warren said. "Hello, good to hear from you again. It's been days, and I worry." CZ said back. "Thanks, mom. Any news on Mack or Addy?" Warren asked. "No, nothing yet. Maybe they're just off the grid and can't make contact. How's Murphy?" CZ asked and Murphy grabbed the phone. "Murphy is pissed. Where the hell is that lab you keep talking about?" Murphy said as Warren tried to shush him. "And have you found that witch doctor that almost killed me?" Murphy asked. I laugh to myself thinking about that old Doctor trying to kill him with more asses. "This close kid, this close." Murphy said moving the phone to his other hand. "You love me." I said to him. "Shut it QOL." Murphy said to me and it took me a moment to get it. "Which Doctor?" CZ asked. "Doctor Merch?" Murphy said. "I'm still working on that." CZ said. "And you call yourself the NSA? Quit looking at porn and find that quack. We got business to settle." Murphy said. "He's only trying to help." I said to him. "Uh huh." Murphy said walking away from me.

"Uh oh." I heard Cassandra say. I turn to see Z's, walking to us because of Murphy outbreak. "I got the one on the right." Warren said. I heard gun fire as I pulled out my knife and ran at one of the Zs. I stabbed it and turned to kill the next one. I moved again and tripped a Z by kicked it's knee. I stabbed the brain as a bullet just past me. I didn't look as I was staring down a Z. "Two thousand, four hundred fifty-five." I heard 10k say. I moved again and back stabbed a Z. I pulled my knife out and when over my shoulder, stabbing it's brains. "I'm out of ammo." I heard Warren as I stabbed another Z. "Me too."10K said. "Look. Some clubs." Cassandra said, picking up the one. "Not the putter. Remember keep your left arm straight." Doc said and one ran at them. "Let's run for the clubhouse!" Warren said. I jumped over a z and ran after them. We ran as Warren held the door open as Warren pushed the top of door. "Murphy?" 10k asked as I looked at him. "He's out there somewhere." Warren said. "Safer than us." Doc said somewhat loud. I turned to see a Z and rolled my eyes. "We got company." Warren said. Warren killed the one before Doc got his club stuck. "Hard to swing in here!" he said to her. "10K, your sling!" Cassandra said. "Yeah." 10k said. I watched for a moment as the Z's when down. I started to follow Warren. "Too many." 10k said as he was running out of golf balls. "This way!" Warren said to them. We ran to the washroom and locked ourselves in there. 10k turned on a flashlight as Warren and Doc pushed against the door. "Door won't hold much longer!" Warren said to us and I felt my stomach begin to turn. "Better in here than out there!" Doc said and I stared at him. There was a moment as I looked at 10k. I could hear gunfire and part of me was worried about it. "Gunfire?" 10k asked and I shrugged.