No Mercy Part 1

We were walking...again, I swear I saw something. I pulled out my binoculars and looked around, only to stop and stare at a tree. There sat a crow and slowly I lowered my binoculars down. I watched the crow for a moment, before it took off, flying away. It took off and out of sight, but then I saw another and another, going the same way. "Interesting." I muttered. Crows are known to be smart, so something got them to act up. I took off, following the crows. "Jean." I heard Warren yell, but I was already over the hill. I stopped a the other bottom of the hill and the crows sat in the trees again and stayed there. I raised my binoculars again and looked around. I felt a hand on me and turned around after jumping, ready to use my binoculars as a weapon. I stared at him and let my heart calm down. "Don't- do that." I said to him. He slowly nodded before I looked back and watched with my binoculars. "Something's coming." I said to him. 10k turned back to group for a moment.

"We should-" I pulled my binoculars down and clipped them again. "It's-" I watched as 10k hit the kid and he fell down. "-A kid." he said and shook my head. 10k had his gun pointed at the poor kid. I slowly pushed his gun out of the way and stuck my hand out for the boy. "Jean, he could-" I turned and looked up at 10k, before back down at the boy. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." I said to him. He slowly took my hand as I pulled him up. I stared down at him and smiled at him. He stared at me then behind me. I turned to see the crows and looked back at the kid. "Interesting." I muttered. I boy started to run, pulling me with him. "Wow, wow, wow. Hey." I said to the boy. I pulled him back and looked at him. He looked up at me for a moment. He slowly let go of my hand and looked at me again."The doctor." I heard the kid say. 10k took hold of his ear. "10k." I said loudly. "We have to go back." 10k said. The kid got out of his grip and pushed himself away from 10k as we walked up the hill. The kid stood there and stared down at us. 10k just looked up at him as I watched the boy. "Hey, it's ok. Come on, things will be fine." I said to the boy. He slowly walked down and took my hand. "Jean, kind." he muttered.

We walked back to the group. "Hey guys, look what we found." 10k said as the boy still holding my hand. "Shhh. Puppies and kittens." Warren said. I pulled out my knife and let the boy go. He took off as I grabbed my other knife. A Z came at me and I just smirked at it, I pushed myself out of hit's way and stabbed it. I saw a Z out of the corner of my eyes and threw my arm up, stabbing it. I ran and jumped at the next one. I put my blade throw it's head. I turned my head and saw a Z going for the kid. I throw my knife his way and turned to stabbed another one. I pushed myself out the way as it tried to bit me. I put my hand on it's chest and looked up at it. "Not interested pal." I said and stabbed it. I kicked one as I pulled my knife out. Turning to stab the one a killed and kicked it down again. I pulled my out in doing so and cleaning it off. I looked up at the kid to see my knife hit the Z a few steps away from him.

The boy stood there as I walked up and took my knife out of the Z's head. I slowly walked back as I could hear the kid following me. "Where'd this come from?" Murphy asked and I turned to face Murphy. "Murphy, play nice." I snapped back at him. "Get away from him. We found him." 10k said as I felt the boy hid behind me. "Was anybody with him?" Addy asked and I shook my head. "He said something about a doctor." 10k said, looking down at him. "It's ok, they're not going to hurt you." I said, looking down at the kid. "The Man gonna kill them." his said to us. "What?" Addy asked. "He's gonna kill them." the kid said, grabbed 10k. "You kill man." he said, pointed at the others.

"Oh no, no, no. We no kill man. We on mission. Scram, kid." Murphy said to him. "Murphy. Stop and play nice." I snarled at him. "You're defending this?" Murphy asked, pointing at the kid. The kid cawed at Murphy as I stared down at him. I looked up to see a crow or two hanging around. "Interesting." I muttered. "He just caw at me?" Murphy asked. I stepped in front of the kid and stared at Murphy, shielding the kid. "Back off Murphy." I said up to him. Murphy stared at me, as I stood my ground. "Murphy. Get Lucy some water." Warren said up to him. "Can you get this one some too?" Warren asked Doc. "Your thirsty, sweetheart?" Warren asked the kid. He took the cup and tried to peck at the water. "Poor kid doesn't even know how to drink out of a cup." Doc said. "Must've been four or five when all this started. Apocalypse is all he knows." Warren said to Doc. "Felix." I muttered to myself.