Hackerville

~~Srage~~

I was sitting in the field, when I heard barking. I tuned to see Hall, 5k and Karen. Karen pushed me to the ground and I started to laugh as she kept licking me. I smiled up at her as I held her head in my hands, petting her like crazy. " Karen, down." Hall said and Karen went back to him. "Hello Sargent." He said to me and I stared. "It's just Sarge." I told him, smiling at him. he sat down next to me, his arms resting on his knees. "How are you doing?" He asked me. "I'm fine." I said, turning away from him, facing the field. I heard him sigh as the wind blow past me, pushing my hair in my face. "So are we just going to sit here and stare at the sky or we're going to talk about it?" He asked me and I stared at him. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said to him. "Sarge, we both know you blame yourself for what happened. It's not your fault. It was her choice." He said to me and I turned away from him. I sighed, but I kept my head up.

"You need to open up about what happened. You don't have to talk to me. I won't force you to talk to me." Hall said to me as 5k was playing with Karen. I turned back to watch them play. I smiled at them, 5k running around with a stick, Karen jumping up to get. I turned to face Hall, his eyes watching them, a smile pulled on his face. I smiled before I frowned. I felt his hand around me neck, his fingers in my hair. Our lips an inch away from each other. "Sarge, you know this isn't what you want." He whispered and I stared at him. He pulled himself back and stared back at me. "You know what you really want. And she's out there." He added and he smiled at me. "I'm sorry." I said to him and he shook his head. "No, you needed that." He said to me. "No, I'm sorry. I have to go." I said to him. Hall gave me a soft smile, a smile rarely seen in the apocalypse. I got up and ran off.

~~Jean~~

We walked up to the door and there was a huge closed sign on the door. "It's locked." Doc said as he had already tried the door. "Here, let me try." I said to and Doc stepped aside. I raised my hand and knocked on the door, then again and again, waited a moment and knocked twice. The door opened, but there was no one. I walked into the building and looked around. "Wow, this place is dead." Doc said and I turned to face him. "Doc." I said. "Oh sorry." He said. "Are you sure we were sending talkers here?" Doc added. "Maybe Murphy moved them?" Tommy said. I walked up to a door and got a gun pointed at my head. It as Addy as I stared at her. "Hello." I said to her. "Jesus Jean. I could have blown your head off." she said to me. "Not the worst thing that's happened these past weeks." I muttered. She put her gun away as we stood there. "Where's Murphy?" I asked her.

"Don't worry too much. I'm fine." Murphy said as I turned to another door. I stared at him and he stared back. "I knocked that knock you gave me and you all still hid?" I asked him. "People where poking around. Soon almost everyone knew the knock. No one could be trusted." He told me. I uncrossed my arms and he smirked at me. I hugged Murphy and he slowly hug me back. "See you haven't had much fun without me." I said to him before I stepped back from him. "Oh no, you've missed a shit ton of fun." He said back to me. I laughed at him for a moment. Murphy looked past me and at everything else. "What the hell are you wearing?" He asked me slowly. "Uh... things I found. Your clothes ripped." I said back to him. "Well someone going through a growth spurt." he said back to me. "Hey." I said to him. "What is all this?" He asked, pointing at the talker that followed us here. "Well... it's a long story." Doc said.

I watched as Addy and Murphy went to talk to each other. "Hey, you in there?" I turned to Tommy. "Ya, sorry. Sorry." I said to him. He took my hand, pulling it away from my neck. "What are you so worried about?" He asked. "We shouldn't be waiting." I whispered to him. "We're sitting ducks." he whispered back and I nodded at him. Addy and Murphy walked past us. "How are the miners doing?" Doc asked, walking up to them. "Great. Great. Super great. As long as your definition of great is starving for brains and slowly turning zombie." Addy said and I stared at her. There was a clinking glass sound and I turned to Murphy. "Dude? I think your fish are dead." Murphy said and I shook my head. "Man, they ain't fish in there. Those are bricks made of pure lithium. It's what they're using the Talkers to mine for." Doc said. "That's why they eat the batteries. It's the lithium." Tommy added as we walking over to them.