Water Keepers

~~Tommy~~

I was getting kicked awake. Stop it. I kept getting kicked. "Saboteur, c'est moi!" I heard as I got kicked again. "Ow, quit it." I said, as I stared at Doc. "Your friend there looks a little pale. Just transitioned, has he?" I turned to see this talkers tied up. "I'm not a Talker." I said back to him. "Then how come your hand fell off?"He asked me and I stared at him. "Hey, who did this to you?" Doc asked him. "Warriors. Fierce and quick as lightning. You don't see them, but they see you. And then, phht phht, arrow in your arm! Saboteurs! Saboteurs! Saboteurs! You! You! You!" This talker was screaming. He wouldn't stop screaming. A stick was put in his mouth and he stopped. "That's enough out of you." I looked up to see Warren. George came toward me and stood behind me. "Gotcha, buddy." I heard her whisper. She helped me up and I looked around. "Where's Jean?" I asked and I stared at Warren. "She's not here." Doc said. "Oh, that's not good." George said and I turned to look at her. "What do you mean by not good?" Warren asked. "How bad is it?" I asked and George's face told me it was bad.

~~Jean~~

I hit the ground, my head pounding. I quickly turned up and stared at the man. I raised my hand to my nose, but tasted the blood streaming down before my hands could have ever felt it. I quickly past it out before staring at the person who hit me. "I've done nothing to you." I said, trying to keep myself here. "That a lie Miss Dawn." I was told and I stared up at them. I'm the queen of it, but what did I do to these people. "This says J.D. on here. Property of Julia Dawn. The trader of the New world. Probably had a hand in the bombing." I was told and I closed my eyes. "That's never belonged to Julia and I'm not her." I said, trying to get this all straightened out. "That's a lie." I was told, arrows were pointed at my head as I stared at this guy. "I can prove it." I said and he turned to face me. "Julia has a tat right here, right?" I asked him and he nodded at me. I quickly pulled my shirt away from my shoulder. "See, not--" I stopped and stared past him.

~~Tommy~~

There were arrows and George cover me with her body. I remember them stopping, being taken in, tied up. We followed them as we brought to camp. They were all talking, I have half paying attention. We all stopped as Warren was saying something. "Hang in there. I know a few natives down south. It may take some time to sort this out. Hopefully we don't get our asses kicked in the meantime." Doc said. "Doc? I mean Steven, is that you?" A woman asked and Doc looked around. "Death knows my name." Doc said and there was laughing. "Steven." This woman's voice said again, before breaking the arrow in Doc's butt. "It's me." this woman said and I turned to face her. "I thought death would look meaner." Doc said to this woman. She laughed and kissed Doc. "Kuruk? Of all in the gin joints in all the world--" Doc stopped and stood there in pain. "Ow. Ow. That hurt." He said to Kuruk. " It would hurt a lot worse if that long arrow got caught on something." Kuruk said to him, before she smiled.

"Besides if I was death and I was meaner--" "She's leave me to rot." I turned and stared. Her left eye had swollen shut as a small cut as held close. Her nose was bluey-purple and recently put back into place. She looked pale, almost like a ghost. A smiled held on her face as her lip has been cut open. The smile on her face still held as I kept staring at her.

~~Jean~~

I looked down and I got hit again. "That's enough." I heard a woman say, I knew that voice, sort of. "Jean?" I heard and I looked up. I was hard to look at her as blood raced to my head. There stood a woman in a yellow dress, wearing a cowboy like hat, she had a belt around her waist as her hair had a white streak. I knew her, seen her before, but her name wasn't coming to me. That was a first. She walked closer to me and pushed my hair out of the way of my face. Her eyes looked over my face, before looking down. I frown was held on her face and pulled me off the ground. "Leave this girl alone, she's a hero." This lady said to her people. "How do I know you?" I asked in no more than a whisper. "The grand canyon." She whispered back and I turned to her. "I was nowhere near the grand canyon." I lied and she smiled at me. "I know." She said back and she began to walk, still having a hold of me.