Epilogue

"Jean, wake up." I heard and I grabbed the blanket. "Just one more minute." I said and I covered my face. The blanket was ripped out of my hands and I stared up at Tommy. "You're lucky it's not cold." I said to him. "Really?" He asked, getting back on bed. I grabbed him and pushed back to the bed, myself on top. "So lucky." I said down to him. I bent down and was about to kiss him, when he flipped us around. I couldn't stop laughing as I looked up at him. "Maybe you're the lucky one." He said and I turned my head. "Oh really?" I asked. " But not today." He said and I was confused. "How am I--" I was cut off by Tommy tickling my stomach. "Tommy stop it." I said, through laughter. He bent down and kissed my scar. I reached down and lightly took hold of his chin. I lifted his chin to face me. Without a word, he came up and began to kiss me. I pleased my hands on his face and my fingers in his hair. This moment was perfect.

"Daddy, get off Mommy." I heard and we broke apart to see our daughter running in. Her light purple bunny in hand, bouncing as she ran in. She jumped in our bed and tried to push Tommy off me. Tommy pulled himself away as she held onto me. "Are you ok, Mommy?" she asked. "I'm ok Lia. Daddy wasn't hurting me. " I said and she looked back at Tommy. "Daddy, why were on top of Mommy?" Lia asked and Tommy's face was red. "Mommy fell and Daddy was trying to stop her, but he fell too." I said quickly and Lia looked at me. "I heard sounds. I thought you were trouble Mommy." Lia said and she looked down at the bed. I quickly sat up and lifted her chin. "Julia, Mommy and Daddy aren't mad." I said to her. "You're not?" She asked. "No, you did the right thing." Tommy said and she looked up at him. "I did?" She asked. "You thought Mommy was in danger." I said and she nodded. "I did." She said carefully. "Come on Honey. Mommy and Daddy have to get dressed. Why don't you go pick something out to wear." I said. I watched as My four year old took off.

"Now, where were we?" Tommy asked and I turned to him. "Getting dressed." I told him, tossing a pillow at him. He caught it and tossed it aside. I went up to the small dresser and took the dress I set aside. "Come here." Tommy said and I moved my head, feeling his head on my shoulder. "Tommy, we have to get dressed." I said as his arms snaked around me. There was a knock on the door and Tommy let me go. "One moment." I said. I quickly got changed as Tommy sat on the bed. "What do you think?" I asked and he smiled up at me. "Beautiful." He said. "I'll take Julia out." I said and he smiled again.

"Julia?" I said, walking down the stairs. "Lia." I said. I stopped at the bottom of the steps and she jumped out. I jumped and took a step back. "Lia, you scared me." I said and she giggled. I walked to the door and put my shoes on. "Lia, come on." I said and I looked up to see her on Doc's lap. "Lia." I started, but she woke him up. He jumped and Lia giggled. "Julia Lucy Dawn, what are you doing?" Doc asked. "I wanted to wake you, before Daddy could." Lia said and Doc looked at me. "Let Grandpa Doc sleep." I said and Doc looked at me. "I tried, Doc." I said and he looked back at Lia. She ran up to me and took my hand. "Happy birthday, Lia." Doc said and she smiled. "Thanks Grand Doc." She said, before we walked out of the door.

"Can we see Aunty Lilly?" Lia asked. "We'll see Sarge later. We'll see everyone later." I told her. "We will?" She asked and I nodded. "Mommy, where are we going?" She asked and I looked down at her. "We're taking a walk." I told her and she nodded. "Are they playing a movie today?" She asked and I shocked my head. "Not today, but they are tomorrow." I told her. "Can we go see it tomorrow?" She asked and I nodded. "Can we see Dr.Sun?" Lia asked and I knew who she really wanted to see. "Alright Lia, we can go see the Doctor." I told her and she pulled me with her. We got to the gate and I stopped. Lia ran a head as I stared. "Mommy?" I heard and I turned back to Lia. "Yes, honey?" I asked. "Do you think we could go out there one day?" Lia asked and I smiled. "One day honey." I told her. "When I'm older?" She asked and I smiled at her. "That's right honey." I said and she nodded.

We walked into the 'Doctor Office' and Sun turned to us. "I'm going to see him." Lia said and I let her go. I walked to Sun and she turned to me. "How are you?" I asked and she looked down at the papers in her hands. "Fine." She said and I took a chair. "How are you?" SHe asked and I leaned back and stared at him. "It's been four years." I said and Sun gave a sad smile to me. "Four years and nothing." I muttered. "One more year and know what has to happen." Sun said and I stood up. "No, we--" I stopped and lowered my voice. "We can't just pull the plug." I whispered. "It's not up to me." Sun said and I sighed. "Don't get mad at her." Sun said, turning back to her papers. "Mommy." I heard, but I stared at Sun. "I can get at her, it's rubbish." I said and Sun looked at me. "Mommy?" I heard again. "She can do it. We have limited resources. I'm sorry." Sun said. I watched as Sun walked out of the room. I dropped back in the seat and covered my face. "Mommy?" I heard as I quickly whipped my tears away. I sighed, pulled my hair back, before I felt my daughter wrap her hands around me "Mommy, come look." Lia said, trying to take my hand.