Red Hands

We stopped and I got out of the truck. I looked around at the building and stared at the knocked over tower and sighed. I took a few steps as I looked around. "Don't go too far." I heard him say. I pulled out my binoculars and I got up on the top of the truck. "Get down, you'll attract others." he told me and I turned to look at him. I looked back and saw something in the tree. I got down and walked over to the tree. I tried to grab it as it's colour mocked me. "It's a ribbon. Why are you trying to grab a stupid ribbon?" he asked me and I turned to face him. I started to climb the tree before he stood up and grabbed it. "Get out of the tree we have work to do." he said to me before he handed it to me. I felt the ribbon and nodded at it. I turned and stared down the road. "What's that way?" I asked him. ""Spokane." he told me. "Spokane it is." I said to him. He looked at up at the sky and stared. I looked up and saw the colours in the sky, the sun was setting.

"It's lock." I told him as I turned the door handle. He moved me out of the way and I stared at him, before I heard a sound. "Wait." I said to him and he stopped. I knocked on the door and heard growling and I sighed. "Z's, someone locked them in there." I said to him. "Murphy wouldn't so who would?" I asked mostly myself. He turned as I heard a sound behind us. I stared as a group of people walked past us. One stop and turned to us as one hoped on the truck. The one that turned to us, staring for a moment. "Is that your truck?" he asked us. I slowly nodded, wondering why their hands were painted red. He turned back to his men for a moment before they started to talk to each other. "Please, we don't have anything else." I muttered and the Man looked down at me, having a frown on his face.  I slowly looked up at him as the one on the roof walked closer to us. "Don't saw weakness." he whispered to me.  I turned back only to jumped slightly as he 'fell' off the roof.  They walked closer and I tried not to grab my gun or my knife or anything... right now it could make things worse.

I stared at their hands and saw they all had red paint.  "Why did spray paint your hands red?" I asked them. The guy that was close to us took a step closer to us as he rubbed his chin. "Why don't you spend some time with us and I can show you." he said still walking closer before I was pushed. "Oh big man." I heard as this guy looked up at him. I slowly pushed myself out and stared at them. "We have to get going...It was nice meeting you." I said this guy before we started to walk closer to the truck. I turned back to this guy and stared. "Oh and don't open that door... there's Z's" I told them before I closed the car door. I turned to The Man and he stared at me. "What?" I asked him. "Don't be stupid." he told me and I sighed. "We should go before they bang on the glass." I said as I looked through the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tommy." I heard throw the mist. "Tommy." I turned to see her standing there. She stood there, staring at me. She wear a light coloured dress. "Tommy." she called again before I ran after her. Holding her tightly as her hands came around my neck. "I missed you." she whispered. "I'm sorry I left." I whispered to her and I heard her smile. "I was getting worried." she muttered before I looked down at her. She smiled up at me as she stood there before her hands come up to my face and lightly placed them on my cheeks. "Don't cry or I'll start and that would be a huge mess." she said to me throw a broken smile. "Jean, we have to leave." I told her and she smiled. "Let my take you out of here." she said and grabbed my hand.

We started running as everything slowed down. I turned to look behind us, things were falling apart. "Jean." I said, as I slowly turned to face her. Her hand slipped form mine and she was gone. "Jean. Jean!" I yelled looking around. "10k." I heard, it was faint. "Jean?" I called out. "10k." I heard again and turned. She was standing there, before I blinked and she was right in front of me. She hit me and stared right up at me. "10k" She said louder, like right in my ear. She slapped me harder and I opened my eyes as the sun shone down in my face. I blinked and came face to face Julia stared down at me, her hair almost in my face. Her hand still up as I stared. "Good to see you're awake. Stop lying around, you're wasting the day." She told me. I rolled over and she sighed. "I said get up. I mean right now." She said before turned me around to face her. "When I say up it's really Murphy. So get your ass moving." she said to me.