Chapter 20 : Friend

Today

At Rugved's Office

We took mom home next day, Adhira assign nurse for mom. After taking mom to home and getting her settle I left for office.

Here I am sitting with Sid and Varun having a discussion about current projects deadlines and how we are yet so far from our targets.

"Rugved, I am going to order lunch for us. You are workaholic but I can't make it without food. I know, we have to do a lot to achieve this target, but without food I can't concentrate." Varun said and went out to bring lunch. I was busy studying our reports, trying to figure out solutions. Sid smacked file on table and went out.

Bhurrrr bhuurrr... I heard phone's vibration.... And my gaze fixed on Sid's phone, "This guy always forgot to take his phone with him. Sid your phone is ringing dude." I shouted but no replay came from his side.

Bhurrr bhuurrr... again his phone started to vibrate... This time I extend my hand to reach out his phone, extending it little more and I grabbed it... wait... Why Adhira is calling him???

I was about to answer it when in fraction of second Sid come out of nowhere and snatched phone from my hand, "It's bad manner to answer someone's call Rugved... no no no .." He said making voice like cartoon.

"I know manners okay and I am not answering anyone's call I am answering my wife's call. By the way why she is calling you?" ohh shit why I said wife's... You are dumboo Rugved...

"When did you marry dude, that's to without me... you hurt my delicate heart..." he said faking sobs...

"Shut up... Tell me why Adhira is calling you?" His eyes widen on my question which not gone unnoticed by me... but he gathered himself and replied

"Now a days you are eyeing on Adhira only, everywhere every corner you look, you see Adhira only.. she tamed you man even before marriage." I know he is hiding something from me. Sid you cannot ignore me by making fun of mine. He went out for taking call.

Something is going on, when did Sid and Adhira came this closer... when did they exchange their number??

Yesterday at Hospital

Adhira's POV

I was about to talk with Rugved when he got call and everything happen. That day I came to know what place Mom hold for Rugved. One thing I confirmed myself Adhira you need to be his strength. As an elder child of house hold I come to know about my responsibilities in very small age. My determination is always making myself strong enough to stand in every situation. You can cry, but you should try. This is  always my motto or I can also say these lines are always helped me in difficult situation.

As a love what I need is to only stand by him, than he can do the wonders and I know that. After talking about Mom's condition and little persuasion I made them sent Mom home. It's her wish when she come to sense first thing which she said is to take her home soon possible. Doctors said it is okay to take her home after 2 days and I make it in one day. ;)

We come out of doctors cabin with giggles Rugved was standing totally zone out I called out his name to get his attention, we walk towards him.

"Mom is fit now don't worry, I just talked with doctor he said we can take her home, I have already assign nurse for house to take care of Mom . We need to take some precautions. Right, doctor?" I ask doctor to give confirmation to Rugved. To my shock Rugved took me into Side Hug and wink at me naughtily, "Thank You Wifey!!" he never called me that in public. Ohh my heart stop beating fast... My eyes went down in shyness. His grip tighten around me we were already left this world at that moment. And to doctor did work to take us back breaking our moment, "Ok I'll go for my round now. See you." And waved at me, I did the same. "You don't need to inform her." Rugved hissed in hardly audible voice, but I Heard. Its first time I felt he was jealous. Awww how cute!!