Chapter 3

We all got in Dad's minivan and began to head to our first day of school. "You guys excited?" Dad asked us.

"Yes!" JD yelled.

"A little." Ricky said.

"I'm nervous." I said.

"Oh don't be nervous about it, middle school will be a breeze. Trust me." Dad winked at me. I just sighed and looked out the car window. A few minutes later we pulled up to a one story building that said Baltimore Elementary. Dad pulled up by the front door and Ricky and JD began to unbuckle their seatbelts. "Have fun at school boys. Mom will pick you guys up after school." Dad said.

"Okay. Bye Dad. Bye Dwayne." Ricky waved and headed to the school with JD running behind him. We pulled off and drove down the street and pulled in to a two story building that said Baltimore Middle School. We waited for two cars to drop off their kids and then it was our turn.

"Have fun at school. Don't be nervous. Mom will pick you up afterwards." Dad said to me.

"I'll try." I said as I got out the van. Dad waved and I waved back and turned to front door of the school. I looked up at the second floor windows and I looked back down the first floor windows. I took a deep breath and entered the school.

I heard an announcement over the PA system saying "All sixth graders head to the auditorium to get their schedules." I looked for the auditorium and went inside. Their was a table that has schedules with last names starting with A-E. I looked for mine and soon found mine. I took a look at it and saw that I have Science first period. I also heard that sixth grade and seventh grade classes are all on the second floor so I went up two flights of stairs and searched for the science room.

As I was searching, a girl accidentally bumped into me and she dropped one of her binders and a book. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." She stammered trying to pick up her stuff. I bent down to help her.

"It's okay." I said as I handed her the book she dropped. She smiled at me and kind of blushed a little.

"I'm Jacqueline." She greeted.

"I'm Dwayne." I greeted back. "So what's your first class?"

"Uh, science." She said.

"Oh me too- wait are you in seventh grade?" I asked.

"No, I'm in sixth grade." She smiled.

"Then that means we have first period together." I said and we both looked for our science class.