Chapter 22

"D, wake up. I smell bacon and I think Mom is making breakfast." I heard a voice whisper in my sleep.

I opened my eyes and saw Ricky on top of me. "Get off of me." I grumbled kicking my legs so he would fall off.

"You're gonna miss out on breakfast." Ricky said.

"Just leave me alone. I'll get up when I get up."

Ricky sighed and walked downstairs. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep til I heard another voice. "Dwayne Edison-Mark Anderson, get your butt up and come eat breakfast." I sat up and saw that it was Dad standing at the doorway.

"Okay okay, I'm getting up." I sighed.

I walked downstairs with Dad to the kitchen table where I saw a plate of waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. "Good you're awake. Just in time for breakfast." Mom greeted hoping that the sound of breakfast will wake me up.

I didn't say anything back but yawned and sat down on a chair.

"Why are the waffles so big?" JD asked picking up one of the waffles from the table.

"Stop being dramatic they're not that big." Mom answered.

"You want me to cut it up for you?" Dad asked.

"Yeah." JD pushed his plate to Dad.

As Dad began to cut JD's waffle he looked up at me and asked, "You look a little rough, did you sleep okay last night?"

Being a little annoyed by that question I answered, "Sure."

"Have you been playing on your little DS thing all night?"

"No."

"Okay just checking. You can't really be playing on your electronics all night." Dad lectured me.

I tried to hide my annoyance by staring at my breakfast plate and engaging what I'm eating. I'm starting to feel like I'm not able to do certain things anymore because of this depression. I can't spend my time alone in my room as much I used to, I can't really be on my DS for long......well it's only two things but I can't take that my parents keep asking me questions and lecturing me. I know they're trying to help me out and everything but can they like not do that 24/7?

We finished up breakfast and Mom told us to get ready. Where are we going this time? We all went upstairs to get dressed for another "family outing" I guess. "Should I wear my green and yellow long sleeved shirt or my Gryffindor shirt?" Ricky asked me.

"Well it looks like it's pretty hot outside so I guess wear your Gryff-whatever shirt." I answered.

"Okay." Ricky put back his green and yellow shirt. "And it's Gryffindor."

"Whatever." I laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked out our minivan window. The sunlight bouncing off the trees and bushes to make them look bright green. Cars driving next to us on this highway and looking at different restaurants and buildings off the exits.

"Mommy," JD called, "can you turn up the radio?" Mom turned up the radio and played some song that sounded like Kanye West singing. "Get down girl gon' head get down! Get down girl gon' head get down!" JD yelled the lyrics.

"Oh my god." I mumbled. I heard Dad and Mom giggling at him. I hope he doesn't do this the whole car ride.

"JD you don't have to be this loud." Dad said.

"But I like this song." JD said.

"Okay but you can sing quieter, okay?"

"Okay." JD put his head down and sat back.