Chapter 25

The next day at school. I went by Jacqueline's locker to meet her. 

"Hi baby." Jacqueline hugged me.

"Hey hey," I pushed back, "we gotta make it look like we broke up for real remember?" 

"Oh...yeah." Jacqueline frowned.

"Hey don't worry, when this whole plan is complete we can get back to being affectionate." I said. 

Suddenly a boy came from around the corner. "Okay so what do I need to do?" He asked.

Jacqueline explained. "So me and Andrew are gonna talk about that 'note' I wrote for him then you wait for Dwayne's signal and you come up and asked me that is it true that you wanna get back together with me." 

"Okay okay I got it." He nodded. 

"Oh crap Andrew's coming. Gone somewhere." Jacqueline whispered. Me and the boy went around the corner.

I peeped and saw Andrew walking towards Jacqueline. "Hey." Andrew greeted.

Jacqueline closed her locker. "Hey." She greeted back.

"So, I read your note yesterday. And I was thinking maybe we could go get lunch or maybe ice cream sometime." 

I signaled the boy to come out. He nodded and came went to them. "Hey Jacqueline." He started. "Is it true that you wanna get back together with me?" 

Andrew face changed from seductive to envy. "Hey back off! She's mine!" 

"Since when?" The boy shot back. 

"Since forever now like I said, back the fuck off!"  

Hearing what Andrew just said made me feel a little pissed inside but I have to keep my cool. 

The warning bell rang for first period. "If you get anywhere near her again, Imma put you to sleep....forever." Andrew threathened and walked off. Jacqueline and the boy snickered and walked towards me.

"You ready to get knocked off by him?" I asked.

"Hey I'm used to it, this ain't the first time me and him have had a fight." The boy responded. "Plus I can't feel any pain in my jaws anymore so if he tries to punch me there again I won't feel anything, but I will still pretend to be hurt though." 

I got a little scared for him but didn't at the same time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school me, Jacqueline, Christopher, Richard and Zachary (the boy) all met by the cafeteria. Luckily Andrew hasn't showed up yet. 

"You two know what to do?" Christopher asked. Both Jacqueline and Zachary nodded. 

"He's coming. Let's go." Richard said and we left Jacqueline and Zachary alone. As Andrew came closer Zach began to hug Jacqueline and they looked at each other in the eyes. They both leaned in for a kiss and Andrew began run up on Zach. 

"Hey!" Andrew yelled and pulled Zachary's shoulder. "What did I tell you before? She's mine!" 

"Who said she was yours?" Zachary asked. "Besides, she decided to kiss me. Did she decide to kiss you yet? I think not." 

Andrew face grew angrier and I could feel the tension going on as everybody from the cafeteria and hallways gathered to watch. Jacqueline sneakily ran to where me and the other where standing and watched to see how our final mission is gonna turn out. 

"I told your dumb ass...if you get anywhere near my girl.....Imma put you to sleep forever." Andrew threatened again. I heard some people whisper, "I thought her and Dwayne was together?" and I began to blush a little. 

"Again, who said she was yours? I mean your jealous ass still can't get over the fact that y'all two broke up so-" Then all of a sudden Andrew socked Zachary in the jaw and I guess he pretended to fall down and be hurt. Everyone gasped and yelled in shock. I was even surprised by what I just saw. 

"Alright alright! What is going on?" Principal Davis showed up. He looked down and saw the pretended unconscious Zachary on the floor and looked up at Andrew. "Come with me." He said firmly and walked him to his office.

Everyone walked away and talked about what they just saw and we went to check on Zachary. "Yo Zach, you alright?" Richard asked.

"Yep, I'm good." Zachary jerked his head and got up quickly. 

"Wow that punch looked like it really hurt." Jacqueline said.

"Nope, didn't feel a thing." 

"Now we gotta see what happens next." I said and saw Andrew with his stuff and his mom walking out the building with Principal Davis standing by. "So what's happening to Andrew?" I asked. 

"Well, because of physical violence, he's been expelled from school." Principal Davis responded. 

"Oh." I faked sounding sympathetic. "Hope he learned his lesson." 

"Yes, he sure will." He said and went back to his office.

"What did he say?" Christopher asked.

"Andrew got expelled." I said.

"Wow, I feel bad but good at the same time." Jacqueline said looking down. 

I hugged her and looked into her eyes. "Hey, the main thing is that nobody can ruin our relationship again." Jacqueline smiled and began to kiss my lips. I kissed her back and savored every moment. 

"Um there is some extracurricular activities that we all have to get to." Richard said uncomfortably.

I broke the kiss and blushed along with Jacqueline. "Oh...yeah. See ya'll tomorrow." I waved and walked with Richard to choir.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So did it work?" Ricky asked me in my room.

"Yep," I answered, "Andrew got expelled for physical violence and now me and Jacqueline are at peace." 

"Told you my plan will work." Ricky beamed.

"Yeah you are one clever little boy." I said digging through my bookbag.

I finally found the flyer to give to my parents that read: 'Everyone is invited to come to the first Middle School Choir Concert of the 2006-2007 school year. Doors open at 5:00pm and the show starts at 6:00pm on Saturday September 2. Tickets are $2 per person.'

"What's that?" Ricky looked at the flyer.

"It's a flyer for my choir concert this Saturday."

"Oh I think I have a football game that day." 

"No it's not stupid, it's Tuesday." 

"Oh I forgot I told you and the others." 

"We have the whole football season calendar on our refrigerator." I said.

Ricky laughed in embarrassment and went downstairs.