Chapter 19

I dreaded walking to choir practice. I don't know what that Andrew might do or say next. And I sit next to him too, so that's even worse.

"Richard."

"What?" He responded.

"Can you be on the lookout for me?"

"Lookout for what?"

"To see if Andrew does anything or say anything."

"What did he do to you?"

"After practice two days ago after you left, he came out of nowhere asking me if I think I'm better than him and saying that he's watching me." I explained.

Richard thought for a moment and had a light bulb above his head. "Oh I understand why he might've said that."

"There's really a reason behind all this?" I asked.

"Mmhm. Wanna know why he said those things to you?"

"Yes yes please tell me."

We stopped walking and leaned against a wall. "So you and Jacqueline are still dating, right?" Richard asked the most stupidest question ever.

"Um, yes."

"Well, Andrew used to date her."

My eyes widened with surprise. "What? For real?"

Richard nodded his head and continued. "They dated for like a good 7 months last year. Andrew was very protective of her, so he made sure that no other boy decides to hit on her or anything else. Until one day Jacqueline decided to break up with him because she felt like she wasn't free or felt like wasn't able to do anything and that he's acting too jealous. Andrew felt pissed and I guess ever since then envied boys who are dating her."

I looked at the floor and sighed. "So Andrew is just jealous of me because I'm dating Jacqueline now and he isn't?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Well now I know not be afraid anymore because I finally know the story behind this." I said getting up. Richard held out his hand for no reason. "What?"

"I need you to help me up." Richard said making a fake innocent face. I sighed of annoyance and helped Richard off the ground and continued to walk to practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waited for Mom to come and pick me up. I forgot that today is Friday. Oh yes. I'm gonna finally sleep in tomorrow. Eat me a nice bowl of cereal or whatever without lowkey rushing to finish on time and just chill in my room or in the living room all day. My kind of weekend.

My satisfied thoughts were interrupted when I felt something hit my left arm and I saw that it was soil. I noticed Andrew running away giving me the middle finger. I mean out of all the other terrible things he could do to me he decided to just throw dried dirt at me. I rolled my eyes and walked to my Mom's car who surprisingly pulled up right after the pretty weak "incident".

"So how was school and practice?" Mom asked.

"It was okay." I answered buckling my seatbelt."

"What's that brown stuff on your arm?"

I looked at my left arm and saw that I still have a little bit of dirt from Andrew. "Oh....I don't know." I quickly brushed the rest of the dirt off.

"Dad is bringing home either Wendy's or chinese food for dinner because my wrist ain't doing so well for cooking." Mom said pulling out of the parking lot.

"Cool." I said looking out the window still thinking about how and why Andrew decided to throw dirt at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" JD complained.

"Honey, your dad just called and said that he'll be coming home a little late because of traffic." Mom said with a bit of annoyance in her voice. I don't blame her.

"Let's check and see if we have anymore oranges in the fridge." Ricky said getting up from the couch.

JD quickly got up and followed Ricky into the kitchen. Ricky opened the fridge and saw that there's only one orange left. "I want the last one!" JD yelled.

Ricky sighed and faced him. "We're not gonna argue over this. Let's just split the orange in half and we'll all be happy."

"Hmph." JD grumbled. Ricky continued to glare at him until JD sighed, "Fine."

Ricky took the orange out the fridge and turned to my direction. "Um, can you peel this for me?" I sighed and got up from my comfort zone to peel this dang orange.

After I peeled the orange I split it in half and gave it to them. "Thanks Bubby." JD thanked me and ran back to the living room with Ricky.

"Whatever." I whispered as I grabbed a cup of yogurt from the fridge. As I sat back down on the couch I heard Lucille begin to whine.

"Aww, you want a snack too huh?" Mom cooed while grabbing a box of baby snacks from her diaper bag.

"Mommy, that guy killed that lady." JD pointed to the TV.

"Cause it turns out that guy is a serial killer." Ricky explained.

JD began to look confused. "So that means he goes out and kills boxes of cereal?"

Ricky facepalmed himself and I began laugh out loud at his stupid question.

"That's not what he means, JD." Mom said trying not laugh. "It just means that he goes out and kill people."

"Oh," JD looked at the ground, "stop laughing at me."

"I'm sorry." I said still laughing trying not to choke on my yogurt.

JD stared at me thinking that'll stop me from laughing. Ricky began to laugh along with me. "Okay boys, that's enough." Mom said and I began to catch my breath. Dad walked in a few minutes later carrying a Wendy's bag and a drink carrier holding four drinks. "Oh you finally made it back."

"Yeah," Dad sighed setting the stuff on the dinner table, "Turns out there was this huge accident between a semi and two minivans."

"Oh that sounds horrible."

"Luckily I passed through and made it to pick up dinner in less than 20 minutes."

"Okay boys, come sit at the table so we can eat." Mom announced and we all sat at the table waiting to see what Dad bought for us.

Dad began to reach his hand into the bag and pulled out a little cup that looked like it had 10 nuggets in it. "JD I got you a 10 piece nugget. Ricky has a junior double bacon cheeseburger and Dwayne has the single cheeseburger."

"Did you get barbeque sauce?" JD asked.

"Um, did I? Oh yes, I did." Dad handed the barbeque sauce to him.

"Thanks."

I haven't had Wendy's in a while and I totally forgot how good it tasted. A good thing to eat after surviving this week.