Chapter 10

After practice, Dad picked me up to finally go back home. "Hey, how was school?"

"Tiring." I answered.

"Tiring? It's only the first week of school." Dad laughed. I shrugged with a small smile on my face. "Anyways, How did practice go?"

"I actually kind of like the program so far." I said.

"That's good to hear. Y'know your mom is thinking about making her famous breakfast sandwiches for dinner." Dad said.

"What?" I chuckled.

"I know, but hey there's nothing wrong with a little breakfast for dinner, right?" Dad asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we finally reached home, we walked in and smelled a mixture of bacon and eggs. A good scent of breakfast kind of made me feel less stressed after this week.

I slowly walked upstairs to my room, took off my shoes and laid on my bed closing my eyes til I heard my door creaked. "Dee?" I heard Ricky's voice.

"What?" I said my eyes still closed.

"I just wanna know how your day was."

"Oh. It was okay." I answered getting up.

"Y'know, I was starting to worry about you." Ricky said getting a little close to me.

I got a little confused on what he just said. "What?"

"Like, you've been kind of........melancholy lately." How does a nine year old kid like Ricky know such vocabulary like that?

"I'm fine." I managed to say. "Don't worry."

"Oh okay. I just thought you seemed a little not like yourself, that's all."

"Boys, brupper is ready! Haha get it!? Brupper!? Breakfast for supper! Anyways, it's ready!" Mom announced.

Ricky and I both shook our heads and chuckled as we headed downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the middle of dinner, Ricky asked, "Is there a reason for you making these for dinner?"

"Yeah, it must've been something really amazing I bet." JD agreed.

Mom kept nodding her head as she kept chewing and swallowing to answer Ricky's question. "Oh yes. It is very very important." She turned to look at Dad.

Dad began to look a little confused. "Well, What is it?"

"You know." Dad stared blankly at her and Mom let out a huge sigh. "Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow!"

"Oh yeah yeah yeah. Our 10th anniversary." Dad said. Mom shook her head in disbelief and me and my brothers all chuckled.

"Anyways, boys, tomorrow me and your Dad will go on a little dinner tomorrow evening for our anniversary. Your Grandma Vynette will watch you guys and your baby sister for a couple of hours. Does that sound good?" My brothers nodded their heads but I didn't. I don't have a problem with our Grandma Vynette, it's just that she worries about me too much and I get a little uncomfortable. "Okay sounds good to everyone. When you guys are finished, rinse off y'all plates, put them in the sink and get ready for bed."

"Yes ma'am." Me and my brothers said as we got up to rinse our plates.