Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of thunder. I checked the time on my DS and realized that I have about five minutes to get up. Might as well stay awake. Hearing the heavy rain pounding outside our window and seeing lightning flashing makes me not want to get up, and it's Monday.

I heard footsteps coming from outside our door and I grumbled knowing what's about to happen. The door opened and Dad came in. "Oh you're already up. Wake your brother up and tell him to get ready."

"Okay." I sighed and successfully attempted to get out of bed. I walked to Ricky's bed and heard him lightly snoring. I was starting to feel bad for doing this, but if I have to wake up he has to wake up. I shook him and said quietly, "Wake up.....I'm pounding on the door I won't hurt you anymore."

Ricky's eyes slowly opened and he moaned, "Why?"

"I don't even know. That song just popped into my head." I said snickering a little.

"Can you pull me out?" Ricky held out his hand and I pulled him out of bed. He looked out the window and sighed. "It's raining really hard outside."

"And thundering." I finished.

"Fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Jacqueline walked into our first period (science) class together. I have to sit at the desk in front of Jacqueline because we have assigned seats, but hey we're still near each other.

The bell rang and Ms. Randall walked in. "Goodmorning everyone." She said in a nice tone. She's one of those teachers that you're really cool with because she's not them teachers that have those loud or annoying voices that really irritates the hell out of you. Ms. Randall's is sweet and calm and perfect for a morning like this.

"Good morning." Some of us said back.

"If you have your homework from last night please turn it in the basket. If not, you have til the end of the day to turn it in." She instructed.

I turned to face Jacqueline. "You want me to turn in your homework for you?" I asked trying to be a gentleman.

"Aw, thanks." Jacqueline said handing me her paper.

I got up to the homework basket when this boy name Jeremiah walked up to me. "Hey." he greeted me.

"Umm, hi." I said back.

"So it's true that you and Jacqueline are together?"

"Uh yes." I answered wondering what this boy wants.

"Y'know someone used to date her."

"I know."

"Oh really? Who was it then?" Jeremiah asked like I was lying.

"Andrew."

"How did you know?"

"Well a friend told me."

"So Jacqueline never told you about her past?"

"Why would she do that?" I asked getting a little annoyed by this conversation. Jeremiah shrugged and walked back to his seat. I sighed of relief and put our homework in the basket and sat back in my seat.

"What was that dude talking to you about?" Jacqueline asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing important."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 8th period me, Jacqueline, Richard and Christopher walked to the cafeteria where everyone else waiting on their afterschool activities were at.