Chapter 14

Today is Tuesday; which means that it's the part of the week that seems to drag drag and drag. Also it's Ricky's first flag football game. All morning before Dad dropped us off at school he kept telling us how nervous and excited at the same time he is. I mean it is his first time playing a sport. I hope him and his teammates do great.

As I entered the middle school building, Jacqueline came out of nowhere. "Yay! You're finally here! Follow me." She quickly said and dragged me to some sort of vacant classroom. She closed the door and turned towards me.

"What's going on?" I asked."

Jacqueline began to blush. "I-I need to tell you something." She said scratching the back of her head.

My heart began to race and I felt a big drop of sweat trickling down my forehead. "Um, go ahead. You can tell me anything."

Jacqueline gulped. "W-well, y'know we've been really good friends for about two weeks right?"

"Mmhm."

"W-well, I've always seen you as this really charming and nice guy and that's when I started having some sort of feelings for you. Like look at you, you're are the most handsome and nice person I know and I've never met a person like you. Everytime I'm around you I get a fuzzy feeling and butterflies because I realized that I don't just like you....I love you. And I really mean it. So I just got one question to ask. Do you want to go out with me?"

I was speechless. I had to ask the most stupidest question to break the ice. "Like as in me being your boyfriend?"

Jacqueline began to giggle cutely. "Of course silly." She grabbed both of my hands and formed the most adorable smile I've seen that sent me through the roof. I don't understand how a girl can like a brown-skinned-curly haired-boy with glasses like me. The warning bell began to ring and I had to make a decision fast. I looked at Jacqueline's adorable face one last time and I said, "Yes. I would love to be your boyfriend." Jacqueline's face began to glow of pure happiness that made me smile.

"Oh my god I can't believe you said yes I thought you'll say no that's why I was so nervous and stuff and I just can't believe we're dating each other now yay-" I put my finger on Jacqueline's lips to calm her down.

"We have to get to class sweetheart." I said softly. Jacqueline nodded her head and we headed upstairs to our first period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Richard walked to choir practice after school. "So you and Jacqueline are really a thing now?" Richard asked.

"Yep, I guess so." I answered looking at the ground.

"I'm not down there, buddy." Richard stopped in front of me.

I sighed and looked up in annoyance. "Yes, I guess so." I repeated.

"That's good." Richard made a sarcastic smile. I rolled my eyes and continued down the hall from the cafeteria. "I should actually give you a few tips on dating her."

"Why? Y'all two dated before or something?"

"No. I've known her for a pretty long time and I should share more about her to you."

"Um, no thank you. I'll figure it out myself." I sat down and I noticed that Andrew has been quiet which I didn't mind at all. I'm not a big fan of small talk anyway.

"Alright guys," Mrs. Whitaker walked in casually setting her cup down on her desk, "we're gonna finish going over Why Won't My Goose so we can have this song memorized by tomorrow."

"Ugh, I keep mixing up this part with this part." Richard said to me pointing to the lyrics.

"Hm, I wonder how I'm not surprised." I said.

"Y'know what? I'm tired of your bullshit." Richard laughed.

"Language." Mrs. Whitaker said.

"Oops, sorry ma'am."

I shook my head at him. "For shame."

"I'm not even gonna say anything back." Richard turned and stared at his music.

"But you technically just did." I joked. Richard closed his eyes and grumbled quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you almost done, Ricky?" Mom called from downstairs.

"Almost! I'm just putting on my shoes!" Ricky yelled from upstairs. Today is Ricky's first flag football game and we're all waiting by the stairs to see him in his jersey. A few moments later, Ricky walked downstairs with a purple jersey with a number 10 written in white on the front, a pair of black shorts, his black and white Nike shoes and long white socks.

Mom was almost in tears. "Aww, look at my baby!" She hugged him tightly. "Now turn around let me see the back of it." The back of his jersey had white letters that said Anderson at the top and the number 10.

"You got quite a butt there little bro." I said snickering.

"Hey." Ricky said.

"Dwayne be appropriate now." Dad said to me.

"You look really cool, Bubby." JD squeaked.

"Thanks." Ricky said back adjusting his sock.

"Well we must head to the school's football field." Mom placed Lucille in her car seat and opened the front door.