Chapter 9

It was Friday, which means it is the end of our first week of school, and first day after school choir which I don't really understand why it started at the end of the week.

I got up along with Ricky, got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast which is as usual, cereal. I opened the bowl and plate cabinet until Dad came in the kitchen. "Don't worry about making breakfast, we can get McDonald's for breakfast today."

"Okay then." I said and closed the cabinet and went upstairs to freshen up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our breakfast on-the-go, we finally arrived to our schools. I got out the car and went inside the building. Everyone seemed a bit rowdy today so I kind of got annoyed a bit. "Hey Dwayne." I heard someone call me.

"What?" I turned and saw that it was Christopher. "Oh, hi."

"What's the matter?" Christopher asked.

I shook my head. "I'm just a little tired and annoyed that's all."

"Oh, yeah. Everybody is acting a little extra today. I mean it is Friday." Christopher said.

I nodded and we both headed upstairs. "Want me to tell you something?" Christopher asked quietly.

I got a little nervous on what he's gonna tell me. "Um, s-sure." I trembled.

Christopher began to look around and finally spoke quietly, "Of course you know who Jacqueline is, right?"

"Yes."

"Well," He looked around again. "She never wanted me to tell you this but........she has a crush on you."

I raised my eyebrows. I kind of knew it all along she made it a little obvious, but still, what? "Really?" I asked.

"Yes for real. But you can't tell her that I told you. Just pretend that you don't know she has a crush on you yet." Christopher rambled.

"Ookay then." I chuckled.

Just then at a awkward time Jacqueline came out and hugged me real tight. "Hi Dwayne." She greeted.

"Um, hi." I grunted. Christopher smiled at the weird situation going on until the warning bell rang.

"Well I think we should get to class. See you two at lunch." Christopher said.

Me and Jacqueline walked to Science together. I looked back and saw Christopher making a heart sign with his hands. I made a concerned look at him from across the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, I met up with Richard at the cafeteria where there was a group of cheerleaders practicing with an annoying and overplayed song in the background.

"Ready for our first day of after school choir?" I asked.

"Mmhm." Richard said quietly while staring at the cheerleaders.

I looked back at them and got a little confused. "Why are you staring creepily at them?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"My girlfriend's in the cheerleading squad." Richard answered his eyes still glued to the group.

"Oh. Which one is your girlfriend?"

"The one with the red curly hair." One of the captains stopped the music to get a water break. The curly red haired girl smiled and waved at Richard. He waved back with a smile on his face.

"Hey that reminds me. Have you noticed anything weird about Jacqueline?" I asked Richard.

Richard finally made eye contact with me. "Did Christopher tell you?"

"Yes. Is it true?"

"Yes. She told me and Christopher about how handsome you were and that when you smile it makes her melt inside."

Wow. No one ever called me handsome before, besides my relatives. I blushed a little while scratching the back of my head nervously.

Richard laughed at me. "Cmon, we should get to practice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me, Richard and two more people walked in the choir room. "Welcome guys, have seat. Sixth graders on the front row, seventh graders on the second row and eighth graders on the last row. Girls on the left side and boys on the right." Ms. Whitaker greeted.

We walked to the first row and sat down in the seats on the right side. Next to me sat a boy with short curly hair playing on a Gameboy Advance.

I've always wanted a Gameboy Advance ever since they first came out. Mom or Dad never bought me one, but they were able to buy me a DSi. That boy is lucky to own one.

"Hello." I heard a voice say as I woke up from my thoughts. The curly head boy looked at me with a smile.

"Oh hi. Sorry I didn't know I was still staring at your game." I said nervously.

"It's okay." The boy said. "These things are really cool to look at." I nodded in agreement. "I'm Andrew."

"Dwayne." I said back.

"Alright guys. Let's get started by learning some singing exercises." Ms. Whitaker said while writing something on the board.