Chapter 24

I went into my room and closed the door behind me. I sat on my bed and felt tears coming out of my eyes. If it's the only way to let all of this frustration out, then I guess. 

I silently sobbed on my bed in my dark room. My mind kept telling me 'You're not good enough. You're worthless, you're hopeless. You're just a piece of shit.'

I finally stopped and looked at the ground. I have to do something about this conflict between me and Andrew, but I don't know what to do yet. I heard a knock on the door and I quickly wiped the tears out of my face. 

Ricky entered the room. "Mom told me to come and check on you. We're you crying?" He asked me.

"N-no." I lied. 

"Why is it so dark in here?" 

I sighed and signal him to sit with me. "I feel like you're the only person I can tell." 

"Are you gonna tell me the reason why you were crying?" Ricky asked, probably didn't believe my lie. 

"Sure. So, I'm dating this girl in my school and I love her so much. But there is this boy that used to date her and comes to terrorize the other boys who try and get together with her. Apparently he found out about me and her's relationship and is probably threatening my life all because he wants to get back together with her even though she's clearly not interested in him anymore." 

Ricky nodded. "Wow. Seems hard for you and um, what's your girlfriend's name?" 

"Jacqueline." 

"Seems pretty hard for you and Jacqueline. I think I may have a way for you to get him back." 

"What do you have in mind?" Ricky got up and grabbed a piece of paper and pencil from his bookbag and began to write stuff down. He handed me his written plan and I smiled at it. "Y'know, you remind me of one of my friends, and he has the same name as you, too. Quite a coincidence." 

"His name is Ricky too?" He asked looking surprised.

"No it's Richard." 

"Oh. Well that's cool." Ricky got up and headed out the bedrooom. "Hopefully the plan work."

"Yeah," I said looking back at the paper, "hopefully."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school I ran up to Jacqueline and the others. "Guys! Guys! I have something to show y'all!" I opened the piece of paper I folded and handed it to Jacqueline. 

Jacqueline smiled and laughed. "This is actually a very clever idea. Did you wrote this?"

"No actually my little brother wrote it." I answered. 

"So when can we do this?" Christopher asked sounding interested.

"Well you can read the whole thing to find out." I said. 

"I mean like when can we do the first part of the plan?" 

"Maybe during second period at around 9:25 we ask if we can use the restroom and we all meet by the library and go from there." Richard said. 

"Yes perfect. But we gotta be quick though so our teachers don't be suspicious." I said putting the paper back in my backpack. 

"Alright, let's take this son of a bitch down." Jacqueline said firmly.

"Woah Jackie, such strong language." I teased.

"Hehe sorry, I'm just really excited about this. I'm tired of Andrew sabotaging our relationship and I need it to end.....now." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got about three more minutes til I can start the first part of the mission. Good thing right now we're doing independent work and I'm done with everything. I decided to start a minute early and raised my hand. 

"Yes Dwayne?" Mr. Howard called me.

"May I use the restroom? it's an emergency." I said.

"Sure go ahead." 

I went out the classroom and quickly walked by the library where I saw Christopher. "Are the others here yet?" 

"I'm here." Jacqueline whispered loudly with Richard walking behind her. 

"You wrote the letter?" I asked Jacqueline and she held a letter with nice cursive handwriting. 

"Oh now he's really gonna fall for this. Can't wait to see what happens next." Christopher made a evil smirk on his face. 

"Where's his locker located?" I asked trying to speed up the first mission.

"Down this hallway." Jacqueline followed us to Andrew's locker and stuck the note inside. We all laughed and high fived each other for completing mission one. 

The note said: 

Dear Andrew, 

              I have realized that I've made a huge mistake. I realized how much I missed you and that I was wrong about how our relationship is toxic. So, I broke up with Dwayne and now I'm asking you to be my boyfriend again. 

                                                   ~Love, Jacqueline F.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the dinner table I kept laughing at myself and it was for a reason I can't tell to my parents. 

"Um Dwayne what's so funny." Dad asked.

"Oh nothing. I was just thinking about a funny event that happened a long time ago." I winked at Ricky and he smiled knowing why I'm laughing. 

After dinner me and Ricky went upstairs and talked about how today went down.

"We succeeded the first part." I said.

"That's good." Ricky smiled.

"Jacqueline already asked one of her friends to join in on the plan." 

"According to what you told me about him, are you sure he wants to risk getting you know...hurt?" 

"I'm pretty sure he is. Him and Andrew had conflict before."