three

-_Ethan_-

I tried to get her to wake up, but it was no use. She was exhausted. She said her family fell apart, but i didn't know why or how.

I'm thankful i saw her before she did anything stupid.

"Grayson?" I called my brother so he could help me figure out what to do. "Wait- explain everything again." "Ocean, the girl from school is passed out in my car and she can't go home right now."

"Oh, she's hot." I started getting frustrated.

"Gray! Focus!" I whisper yelled into the phone trying not to wake her. "Okay, let's just tell mom that this girl needs to stay the night." He said.

I thought about it then agreed. I drove home and asked Grayson to help me bring her inside.

"I got her." I said, carrying her inside. He opened the door and i laid her on the couch.

"Mom?" Grayson ran upstairs into mom's room. I waited a few minutes for them to come downstairs. "Ethan, what happened?" She said, looking tired. "This girl needs to stay the night, if that's okay. She can't go home tonight." I explained.

"Okay, that's fine. Let her have your bed, i'll get her some water and medication for when she wakes up." My mom walked into the bathroom to retrieve everything. "Thanks mom, love you." I said.

My mom is always supportive of me and Gray. She's not really strict, since we are usually well behaved and all. She's my best friend.

I placed her on the bed and only took off her shoes, not risking anything else. She looked so peaceful.

My mom placed the medication by her bedside and turned off the light.

"Ok. Let's let her sleep." She said. Apart of me was really worried for this complete stranger. TO be honest, i never even noticed her until tonight..

But, i'm glad i helped her.

I walked into Grayson's room, sleeping on a mattress since Grayson moves around in his sleep.

What would happen if I didn't come in time?

BREAKING NEWS, TEEN GIRL FALLS INTO LAKE AFTER TRAUMATIC EVENT. I could've saved her.

"Ethan, why didn't you make sure she was okay?" Grayson asked. "I-I did, i made sure she got inside." "Why didn't you ask why she needed to get home?" Grayson morphed into the mom now, standing in front of me.

"I did!" I yelled, but they didn't hear me.

I jolted awake, looking around at my surroundings. I sighed in frustration, realizing i was sweating profusely. I got up, knowing i couldn't go back to sleep.

As i walked towards the kitchen to get some water i heard rustling form inside my room. I quickly opened it, and saw Ocean asleep.

I look closer, and it looked like she was struggling to breathe. I panicked, and woke her up.

"Ocean?" I whispered, lifting her up by her shoulders. She woke up, barely. "Eth-" She couldn't even finish her sentence before running into the bathroom and throwing up.

"Hey, it's ok." I rubbed her back. "I-i'm so sorry. Tonights like the worst night ever." She cleaned herself up and walked back onto my bed.

"So, what happened, like at party and all?" I asked

"First off, i got really drunk which was my first mistake. Then my brother calls me really worried and tells me to get home. And then you took me home and my brother- tells me m-my dad cheated." She took a pause and continued. "I didn't think he was that angry. But then he walked out the door and my mom was nowhere to be found. I got mad, and i threw glass everywhere and picked up the frame and walked outside." She explained.

"Ethan why were you still there?" She asked, groggily. "I didn't leave after you walked inside because i got a text. So i answered it and i start driving off like usual. Then, i see you and you look at my car and walked towards the cliff.."

"Well thank you for that. I get hotheaded quick and i'm glad you were there." I smiled at her and she smirked back.

We stayed like that for a while and she broke the peaceful silence.

"What time is it?" She asked. "Like about 5-ish." I chuckled getting up.

"Were you already up?" She said sitting at the edge of the bed. "Y-yeah I was up. I just came in to check up on you." I said awkwardly.

"Do you think i could borrow a shirt?" She asked, smiling at down at her clothes. "Yeah i'll get one from my sister." I walked out of the room. Was i nervous? And why did i act like that?

Oceans POV

He brought me back to his house. Woah. I was freaking out and whole time he was in here. He looked so intimidating with his shirt off, and he looked straight out of a magazine.

I asked him for a shirt, since my clothes smell bad.

But it's sad after this i have to go back to reality. I still didn't know where my family was. But, i decided to not worry for a couple hours and just sleep.

"I found an extra pair of clothes." He said, walking into the room. "Great, thanks." My heart sped up again.

"Alright, well im gonna go back to sleep." He said, walking out the room. "Wait, I feel bad. Like i'm taking your bed." I said, playing with my fingers.

"It's fine, promise." He said, holding the door frame. I smiled and he winked back at me. I laid awake, staring at the ceiling.

He's not at all who i expected him to be.