twelve

The Next Morning

Sammy picked me up today, and i felt good other than what Ethan said about me. I went to school trying to be better and more mature about generally everything in life.

Me and Sammy jammed out in the car and today was off to good start. We arrived at school as the first full week had begun.

I walked into my first class, where Grayson was. He sat behind me and smiled when i entered the class. "Hey Ocean." He said, checking me out.

"Hey gray." I said, sliding into my seat. "Ethan talk to you yet?" He said, scooting closer to me.

"Nope. But it's cool." I said, honestly not caring. If he really thought of me that way he explained, he probably doesn't want to talk to me.

"It's cool? Weren't yall just talking?" He asked. I was honestly done, so i snapped a bit.

"Ask your brother." I said, with attitude. "Ok, i will." He said, lowering into his seat.

The day ran by, and Sammy dropped me off at home. I saw my mom on the couch, but she got up as soon as she heard the door open.

"Ocean, come sit down." She said. I havent really talked to her since the incident with my father.

"Mom what's going on?" I asked. I wondered if it had anything to do with my dad.

"Your father wants a divorce. i thought i should tell you and Jake." i was disappointed but not surprised.

Instead of running away, i comforted her fragile body.

"Mom it'll be okay. I promise." With that she broke down in my arms.

I felt horrible. She didn't deserve this.
I walked her to the couch and sit down with her for a while.

"Ocean i'm so tired. Do you think you could pick up some pizza for tonight? I really can't cook right now." She said, sitting back into the couch.

"Sure mom. I'll pick it up." I got in my car and pulled out my phone to order the pizza. I decided while i waited, i can go to the nearby park. But instead i ended up back at the highway next to my house. I drove there and parked onto the grass, and just sat at the view.

Where i almost jumped that night. I haven't really thought about it, much. I remember how my thoughts suffocated me and almost caused me to do something regrettable.

I started to cry at the thought. I got out of the car, just for a moment.

I stood, very very close to the edge. I began to have flashbacks to that night. When ethan pulled me away.

I wish he was here now.

I turned around to walk away and my foot slipped. Panic immediately coursed through my veins as i tried to regain my balance.

It didn't work.

I slide down the hard, ragged rock about 20 feet. i felt my body being cut up everywhere as i fell to what i thought as my death.

As i fell, i looked up at the sky. i landed, on a round rock that held just above my torso.

I laid there for a couple of seconds to process what happened.

i began to feel all the cuts, everywhere. "Fuck." I whimpered as i tried to use my foot to get up.

I pulled down my sock and saw my ankle, purple and red.

i screamed for help. "Someone help! Please!" The water began rising underneath the rock, as the sun was setting.

My side felt like something broke from the fall. I began yelling even louder.

"Shit. The tide." I whispered.

"Hello! Anyone?! Please help!" I yelled.

I couldn't climb back up the rocks since they were so steep.

I kept screaming until i couldn't anymore. I physically just couldn't. My phone was still in my car.

"SHIT!" I screamed.

"Is anyone up there!?" "Please hurry!" By now, the water was rising quicker to the point where i had to stand on my one good leg.

It felt like hours were passing.

The sun finally set, and the water was to my waist. i was shivering from the cold and the water.

I felt like i was dying.

"Please." "Someone." I said as i slide onto the next highest rock.

"Look! Down there!" Someone said. I was too cold to look up. I closed my eyes for just a moment.

Then everything went black.

———

vote for the next one