twenty

After our date, Ethan drive me home while i waited for my family to come home.

Ethan left, saying he'd text me later.

I decided to clean up the house a little before my parents came home.

As i was about to sit down to take a break, i get a call from a blocked number. 

"Hello?" I say into my phone. "Did you miss me?" I immediately recognized that voice.

"What did you want Miles?" i immensely get tensed and angry.

"Actually don't even answer. Don't call this fucking number again." I hung up the phone and slammed it down on the kitchen counter.

I blocked the number, again, wondering why it didn't work the first time.

after that night, i've been scared to go out by myself. or even post on social media. I hate feeling vulnerable like this.

I heard my phone ping with a text.

"Why are you hanging out with Ethan Dolan?" my stomach churned uncomfortably.

I wasn't even gonna bother asking who it was. In fact, i decided to not even answer.
i turned on youtube hoping to take my mind off it.

Then my paranoia set in. Is he watching me? Following me? Following Ethan?
Fuck.

I called Ethan, just to make sure Miles didn't fucking interact with him.

"Ethan? Ethan pick up!" I clutched my phone and ran up my stairs. Well, attempted to run upstairs.

"Hello?" "Ethan where are you?" I tried to sound as calm as possible, but he read right through me.

"Home.. Is everything ok?" He asked, confused.

"Yep! Just checking up on you. Just be safe alright?" I said, locking every window and door upstairs.

"Ocean, what's going on. Tell me." My eyes started burning with tears.

"I-uh watched this scary movie and now i'm kinda paranoid." I fake chuckled.

"Huh. ok. I'll see you soon." He said. I can tell he wasn't buying any of it.

"Bye Eth!" I hung up with the phone.

I called the unknown number. It rang once, then answered. "Miles?" i said. "Hey Ocean! How have you been? Coming back to your senses about us breaking up?"

"No, fuckface. Listen. Leave Ethan alone. Leave me alone. Okay? I'll call the police."

"Hm. That's very bold of you to tell me what to do."

"YOU CHEATED ON ME! YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF!" My blood started boiling.

"I'm bored. It's time to have a little fun. See you soon Ocean." The phone hung up.

Tears started falling from my eyes. I threw the nearest object against the wall. I sunk to my feet, afraid of what he means.

Why is he doing this?

With that the door opened suddenly and i quickly rose to my feet.

"Leave me alone!" I said backing away.

"Ocean! What's wrong?" It was Jake. He was home.

"Jake!!" I said running/limping towards him. I sobbed against his shoulder.

"I missed you. So much." He said.
"Let's talk later." He whispered, so only i could hear. I quickly nodded and pulled away to hug my mom.

"Hey mom." I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Dad." I nodded at him. I sure as hell wasnt hugging him. And everyone knew that too.

"Okay well i'm gonna go now. Bye everyone." He said picking up his luggage and shutting the door.

"Tell me why he came again?"i said, mentally rolling my eyes.

"He trying to 'get the family back together'. Bullshit." Jake said, quoting him with his fingers.

My mom just sighed in disappointment.

"Sorry mom. Didn't mean to get you sad." I said.

"No, it's fine. It's not you guys fault. I'm happy to be home. I missed you, pumpkin!" She said kissing my cheek.

"I missed you too. and Ethan said thanks again for letting him take care of me."

"Anytime. Just as long as you guys kept your hands to yourself. Plus, i talked to his mom about knowing when he got home so i can make sure you didn't lie." She smirked.

His mom must have vouched for us a couple times, the nights he stayed over. God bless her soul.

"Y-Yeah we were behaved."

"Ok i'm going to sleep, Goodnight guys love you both." Withtt hat she walked upstairs.

"Alright let's talk." Jake said.

———-

short chapter but i will be updating more frequently over break

10 votes for the next one
comment what you'll think happen