eleven

Vote for the next one

---------------------------

The last thing i wanted to do is worry people. I cant seem to even do that right. Now Ethan's coming here, and i feel terrible. My eyes were already dry, and they were watering. But now im just crying.

I fuck everything up. All my relationships..

I take a deep breath and just try to relax before Ethan comes over. As soon as i finally feel ok, Jake busts through my door.

"Are you smoking my shit?" He said, fist curled into balls. I immediately think back to Miles. "Don't hurt me, please." I say, as a single tear flows down my cheek.

"Why would i hurt-" He looks at my face more closely. "Who did this?" He said, touching my face. "Miles." I whisper.

"When? Where? I swear ill kill-" "Jake! He's out to get me." I tug on his shirt and look up into his eyes.

He hugs me and rubs my back in support. "He wont touch you again." He said.

After a few minutes, the door rings. "Thats Ethan." I say.

"Dolan? Why is he here?" He asks, curiously. "Well..." He gets up and walks downstairs. "Jake!" I try to get up, but its like im moving slow.

I jog out of my room and onto the staircase. Like a dumbass, i trip on my foot, causing me to fall down the rest of the stairs.

"Ocean!" I look up in a daze. I dont even know who it is. "Ethan? Jake?" I say, trying to focus on something. "What happened to her face? Did she get hurt?" Ethan says. "Ill explain later." Jake informs him.

I groan in pain.

"My leg hurts, whats wrong with it?" I look down at my foot and i cant even see straight. "I hate this. So much."

They both start chuckling. "Then don't get high, you dumbass." Jake said, picking me up.

"I just wanted to forget everything for a second. I'm so stressed out." I try to put weight on my foot, and i wince in pain.

"Ethan, help me take her to the couch." Jake says. They both help me towards the couch. "Ocean, youre a fucking mess right now." Jake says, setting me down on the seat of the couch.

"As usual." I say, snuggling into the couch. "You were never like this, what happened?" Jake said, as Ethan went into the kitchen.

"Good question. Not sure of the answer buddy." I say, snuggling into my couch.
"Hey Ethan, you think you could watch her while i go out? Also, if my mom comes home, don't let her see Ocean. Tell her you're my friend and i'll be back soon." Jake says as he puts on his jacket.
"Yeah dude. I'll watch her." Ethan says, giving a reassuring look to my brother.

"I owe you one. Ocean hurry up and get sober so i can yell at you." With that he walks out of the door.

"Ocean, what happened to your face?" Ethan asks, softly. Me being a dumb ass and a truthful person, I tell him.

"Miles, my ex." I say, crossing my arms.

"What?" He could his lips in anger. "Ethan, calm the fuck down he's gone and he can't do anything." I say, more to reassure myself than him.

"Jake? Ocean? I'm home!" My mother burst through the door.

Ethan leans in and whispers in my ear quickly.
"Pretend your stomach hurts. And close your eyes so she doesn't see the redness." I follow his orders and he greets my mother.

"Hello, Mrs. Cade. Jake invited me over but he went out for a second. Ocean was here and i helped her to the couch since her stomach hurt." I overheard him saying.

"Owww." I added in. I quietly giggled, but stopped once i heard her walking to the couch.

"Ocean- you smell horrible." She said feeling my forehead. Ethan snickered, but i didnt look at him because he said to close my eyes. 

"Well, Ethan thank you for taking care of her. Ill be in my office upstairs." She said, walking away. Once she was upstairs and opened my eyes.

"Ocean, you need to stop being dumb. I can't keep doing this." Ethan sighed, sitting down of the edge of the couch. 

"I never asked for you to." I said, going on my phone. 

He shook his head. "Whatever." he gets up to walk out the door. "Ethan, where are you going?" I say, sitting up. 

"Home. I'm tired of your bullshit." 

"I'm sorry ok?! I just wanted an escape." I said, standing up. My leg still hurt, but not as bad as before. "From what? Your mom and dad? Your ex? I understand its bad things, but there's more important things to worry about than that! You can't just danger yourself from those things and act out like a child!" 

I had no response. He looked at me a few more seconds, then walked out of the door. Tears fell down my face, and i clutched my stomach. 

It's hard to admit, but he was right. I'm a quitter when i get overwhelmed. I act out. Then i make people worry about me. 

I ran upstairs and cried the rest of the night. 

This is when i fix myself. When i stop being child, i decided. From here on out, i need to deal with my issues without anger and such. 

I feel asleep, ready to take on the next day.