alec and anger

"Shit. Where the hell is he?!" Jace exclaimed, exasperated.
"I don't know, but the only thing that's stopping me from killing you, Jace Herondale, is that you're Alec's parabatai."
If it wasn't obvious already, Isabelle was absolutely seething with rage at Jace. Her brother had just run off and not only did they have no idea where he was, Magnus was also in danger.
"Hey! What did I do?"
"WHAT DID YOU DO?! JACE NOT ONLY DID YOU UPSET OUR BROTHER AND LEAVE HIM IN TEARS, YOU'VE CAUSED US TO LOSE HIM AND MAGNUS IS CURRENTLY IN EXTREME PAIN LOCKED IN HIS ROOM ON HIS OWN."
"Yeah, but you guys came with me! It's not all my fault."
"Jace, please. If you want to somehow make things better, then go back to the Institute and see if you can find any information on what happened to Magnus. Clary, if you're alright with it, could you go and see Magnus? Check if he's ok? I want to try and find Alec, and I can imagine he doesn't exactly want to see you right now," Isabelle said at Jace.
Clary nodded. "I'll do it. I really hope they're both ok. I hate seeing people upset."
Isabelle turned to walk off, but before she did, she told Jace," I hope you realise what you've done. You better think of how to apologise as well."

--------------

Clary timidly opened the door to Magnus' apartment. She tried to make as little noise as she could.
She heard a strange sound, and flattened herself against the wall, breathing as quietly as she could. She focused her hearing.
Was that crying she heard?
She crept closer towards Magnus' room. She knew that when they left, his door had been locked. However, the lock seemed to be hanging off the door, and the door was slightly open. Clary bit back anxiety and tears, as she called out to Magnus.
"Magnus? It's me, Clary. I wanted to see if you're okay. Can I come in?"
The crying stopped for a second, and a shaking voice replaced it.
"Clllary? Y-you're here? But w-why? Why are you not sss-ss-scared? I'm-I'm a mo-monster. I'm a d-d-d-demonic monster, and I'm horrible, and-"
Clary pushed her way through the door, ready to sit and comfort Magnus. To help him. What she wasn't ready for was the sight.
Magnus was curled up on his bed, hugging his knees to his chest. His room looked as if there had been a hurricane. Stale tears wet his cheeks, and fresh ones blurred his vision.
Clary choked back tears, looking at the horrible sight in front of her.
"Oh, Magnus. Magnus, I am so so sorry about this."
She sat down beside him and wrapped her arms around him. He buried himself in her and let go.
After about ten minutes, he had calmed down slightly, but Clary didn't move her arm from around him.
"God, Clary. I'm so sorry about your jacket," said Magnus, with a sad laugh. "What happened back then, was something strange. It's rarely ever happened. It's when my demonic blood gets, I don't know, agitated. My father, he plays a big part in this too. I'm so sorry for letting you all see this side of me. This horrifying, evil side of me."
"Magnus, stop for a minute. It's something you can't prevent. Something someone provoked. It's not your fault, so stop blaming yourself."
"Clary, I scared Alec. I scared my boyfriend. He ran off. He was crying. And now he's lost, and it's all my fault."
Magnus was near tears again.
"Magnus, hey. Isabelle is off looking for him now. She'll have him really soon, I know it. She's like a warrior queen. And Alec wasn't actually crying because of you, he was crying because he was scared for you. He wanted to stay and protect you because he thought you were going to hurt yourself."
Magnus blinked."You sure?"
Clary smiled."I'm sure."
Clary's phone began to ring. She picked up.
"Isabelle? What's wrong? Are you ok?"
"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Are you at Magnus' place?"
"I'm with him right now, why?"
"I found out where Alec is. I'm heading there right now. I'm going to bring him back to the Institute. Can you head over there with Magnus?"
"I'm- Sure, I think so."
"Great! I'll see you soon. Bye!"
She hung up.
"Magnus, are you okay with coming with me to the Institute?"
"Yeah, why? Did Isabelle find Alec?"
"She found out where he is so when she gets to him, she's going to bring him back to the Institute. She wants you there for him, I guess."
"Oh. Oh, okay. I'll get changed then."
"I'll wait outside."
Magnus was out in a matter of minutes.
"Hey," Clary said as they left," are you gonna be ok?"
"I hope so, biscuit," Magnus replied, with a weary smile.

--------------
*ten minutes earlier*

"Alec?" Izzy tried again. It was no use. She had no idea where he was, an-
Her phone rang.
"Jace, what do you want?"
"I managed to locate Alec. Do you remember the little park he told us about, that Magnus showed him? He's there. Most likely on that bench."
"Oh my god. Thank you, I'll head there now," she said, hanging up.

After a good five minutes frantically looking all over the park for the bench, Isabelle spotted her brother and ran over to him.
"Alec! Alec are you-"
She stopped speaking. Alec was in hysterics.
"Oh my, Alec. I'm so sorry."
Izzy intertwined her fingers with her older brothers',pulling him up and then wrapping her arms around him. It was one of the duo's favourite little things that only they did.
"Thank you, Izzy. For yknow, finding me. I just- I couldn't deal with it and all my emotions rushed to me in one moment. And Jace shouldn't be blaming himself, we didn't know."
"No, Alec. Jace needs to take responsibility for what he's done. I know you guys are parabatai and all, but stop letting people walk all over you. You are just as valid as everyone else."
Alec swallowed. His throat was dry.
"Ok. Just tell me this one thing; is Magnus ok? He's not hurt, is he?"
"No." Izzy replied. "I rang Clary, and she said he was very shaken and upset, however she's bringing him to the Institute so you guys can comfort each other."
"Oh, ok. I'm glad he is ok," Alec said, standing up."Let's get to the Institute then."

---------------

Clary stood, waiting patiently with Magnus in the Institute hall. She felt terrible for everyone, Alec and Magnus in particular. Jace was in the room too, silent and staring at Magnus.
Magnus spoke.
"Jace, you know that it's not really your fault, right? I mean, you provoked me, but if anything it was my fault."
Jace's jaw dropped. "Magnus, please let me blame myself for this. I made my own parabatai cry. I'm a terrible person, so let me believe it."
To Clary's surprise, Magnus walked over and wrapped his arms around Jace, enveloping him in a tight hug.
"Jace, it's ok. I've been alive for years. I've known your family. Will. James. Both of them blamed themselves for things that they couldn't help. I don't want another Herondale like that. I want a Herondale who knows that he's important and puts himself first at times."
Jace looked at Magnus with so much sadness that Clary's heart wrenched with pain. Before anyone could say anything, Isabelle burst through the door holding the hand of a very disheveled and sad looking Alec. Magnus looked over at him and they made eye contact. They stared at each other. Isabelle shot Jace and Clary a look that said, let's leave them to it. Clary nodded, grabbing Jace's hand. The three rushed out, leaving the couple to themselves.

------------

After his sister left with Jace and Clary, Alec couldn't hold back anymore. He ran forward towards Magnus. He threw himself into Magnus' wide open arms and they held each other like it was the last time they could. Tears were shed, though Alec couldn't tell if they were his or Magnus'. He didn't care though.
They detached slightly, still holding each other.
"Magnus, I-"
Alec was broken off by Magnus kissing him. He kissed back, a kiss that spoke a thousand words, that told them they were bound to each other forever.
The kiss ended and they leaned their foreheads together.
"Magnus, I am so so sorry. I- Jace never usually does stuff like that. I'm sorry for running off and not being brave enough to protect you. I'm sorry for getting lost on you."
"Alec, you were brave. You were brave enough to see me again. To come here and kiss me like that. You're more brave than anyone else I know."
"Magnus," Alec started,"I will always be brave for you. Now I don't know much about love, but I know that love means always being there for the other person. I'm always here for you. I love you."
Magnus kissed Alec again. This time, it was a short, sweet kiss.
"But can I ask you one thing?"
"Yeah?"
"Why did that happen? Yknow, your hands and your eyes."
"Oh," Magnus sighed. "That happens when I lose control over my demon blood. It only happens with anger."
"I've never seen it happen in any other warlock before."
"Then they must be better at keeping their demonic blood under control," Magnus said, with a nervous laugh. He loved Alec, he really truly did. But he wasn't ready to tell him the true reason. He wanted to have sex with him at least once before he told him, because Alec surely was going to leave him if he found out that Magnus' father was Asmodeus, a Prince of Hell, and King of Edom. And even if that didn't make him leave, the fact that Magnus was technically the Prince of Edom probably would.
Alec pecked Magnus' lips and intertwined their fingers.
"I suppose we should find the others."
"Yeah. We probably should."
Alec gave Magnus a grin as they left the room. Little did Magnus know that Alec had noticed his slight change in attitude. Alec decided not to question it. He was happy to have Magnus back, and to know he was ok.