act I, scene I

Alec thought he was prepared, but as soon as he saw that foot fear ran through him, as pristine as a blade. The owner of the foot stepped out from behind the door and...revealed a woman.
"Huh. Kinda anticlimactic if you ask me," Jace said. Alec wished he could kick him.
The woman's eyes darkened and made a glare at Jace. She was very short; around Clary's height. Her hair was scraggly and mousy brown, so greasy that it probably hadn't been washed for months. Her eyes were striking though; a bright, clear purple.
"Who are you?" Alec said, voice booming out over the deathly silent Institute. The woman's stare snapped away from Jace and now latched onto Alec. He watched her smirk.
Alec knew there was something not right about this woman. Was she a warlock? That might explain her purple eyes. Either way, she did not seem very Mundane.
Clap, clap, clap.
The sound rose from behind the group, echoing through the high walls. Everyone there, including the vampires and werewolves, turned around to see the source of the noise, leaving the woman unseen, without their eyes on her.
"Well done! You know, I honestly thought you would've fallen for her but hey. Maybe I should start giving credit where credit's due."
"Jonathan," Luke seethed through gritted teeth. "Step down. I know why you're doing what you're doing, and it's not right. I'm sorry you feel that way, but mass genocide was not the way to go about your emotions."
Alec could sense the tension thickening greatly. He just hoped that Jace or Izzy wouldn't do something stupid and lash out at him.
"Luke, Luke, Luke. Ever so wise," He paused. "You stole my mother away from me and my father! You didn't let me ever have a mother who loved me because she was too infatuated by you! Jocelyn hated me. I was her son. Can you think of anything more heart destroying than your mother, your beautiful, kind, strong mother hating you with pure true hatred?"
Luke was pained. He felt sympathy for the boy even though he knew he shouldn't. Even if one person had cared for him properly...
"And anyway. I'm not finished. You," he said, pointing at Izzy, "you don't know when to keep your mouth closed do you? Or your legs for that matter. Slu-"
"Shut it," Alec yelled. The one thing about Alexander Gideon Lightwood was that you could say what you wanted about him. Do what you wanted to him. He wouldn't care. But if you so much as said one tiny little thing to any of his siblings, or his mother, he would have your head off your shoulders.
"Ooh! You," Jonathan said, now moving his accusing finger to Alec. "You're a whole other story. The goody-two-shoes, always looking out for his family, working harder than everyone else, Mr. Stick-By-The-Rules. Yet, if the Clave knew about not only your boyfriend, but the fact that he's a Warlock? Oh, you'd be burnt to ashes in no time, left to float away in the breeze."
Alec tried to show that the words said didn't hurt, but they did. He'd told himself plenty of this, and he knew if his dad even cared about him in the first place he would too.
This is going to be hard ride, Alec thought.