vampires and pissed off latinos

that photo is my new lockscreen i lOve
anyways cc may be coming to my country and i'm shook bc tickets are only the price of a book i can aFfOrd it
i'm also really starting to lose any hope in the show being saved, it's been months. and yeah sure i have the books, but i'm so gonna miss life without my beautiful malec scenes irl, matt daddario and harry shum jr being aMAZING, uGh i love my boys so muchhhhh :(
ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE I'M SO HAPPY THE LAST CHAPTER DID SO WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS SHITE AHAHAHA BUT I'M NEARLY AT 1K READS IMMA C R Y I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YALL SO FREAKIN MUCH
also raphael appears in this chapter and he's like my fave sooooooo
and the show version of him can fucking cHoke me holy sHit he's so fucking hot i can't
lmao i apologise for the rant i'm just super bored atm
let's get into the chapter!

"What?! Why?"
Isabelle gulped nervously. "I -I took him to a party once and he -he got turned into a rat. The vampires thought he was one of them and took him there. Whilst trying to escape, he bit one of them. So, it's really our best bet as to getting...him back."
Maryse looked angry. But now wasn't the time to yell at her daughter for being irresponsible.
"Right. Alec can come with us, that's fine. But he's not coming home with us after."
Isabelle was feeling sick with anxiety. "But what about Magnus? I don't think he's well enough to leave here anytime soon."
Maryse looked disgusted. "He can die for all I care. He took my poor Alexander and made him gay."
Isabelle said some things that were extremely explicit.
In her head, of course.
She smiled sweetly. "If you keep saying things like that, then you'll lose contact with Jace and I as well."
Jace nodded in agreement with his sister. He hadn't spoken yet, but he was boiling with fury.
Maryse looked stunned.
"Isabelle, please. I don't want to lose all three of you. Do you know how hard it is already for me to kick out my eldest son? I have to do this. You and Jace are clearly too young to understand. What I'm doing is not what I think is morally right. But the Law says that it's illegal. I'm doing this for Alec's safety. If the rest of the Institute knew they'd have him killed. Brutally. I would rather not have contact with my son and have him alive, well, and happy, than have him killed."
Maryse felt tears in her eyes. She truly felt horrible for doing this. She didn't want to hurt anyone.
"Mother, I understand what you're trying to say, but why are you being so horrible to Alec? You could've told him what was happening kindly, without hurting him and having him in tears. Alec is very fragile, and you can tell that because of how strong he acts. He acts like nothing hurts him when even the slightest jab leaves him broken. Please don't break him any further."
Maryse looked up at Isabelle, giving her guilt-filled eyes.
"I said all the things I said because if I was gentle, I knew he would try and come back. If I was horrible, like I was, he'd want to stay away from me. Magnus would keep him away from his source of pain."
Jace walked forward.
"That still doesn't give you an excuse as to what you've said about Magnus. There was no need to be rude about him, when all he's done is help us. Hell, he's even paid a price for it too. A permanent one. As well as that; is the Law seriously that precious to you that you would throw out your own son? You couldn't think of any other way to help?"
"I agree that what I said about Magnus was unnecessary, and for that I am extremely sorry. But Jace, I can't change the Law. You think I wouldn't if I knew how? Not everyone is going to have the same views as you. No matter how hard you try, there's always going to be at least one person in the world with bigoted views. Now please can we just hurry up and get Simon? The longer we talk the more time the vampires have to...do whatever it is they're going to do to him."
Maryse didn't say it, but she knew that all three of them were thinking the same thing.
The longer we leave him with them, the more chance they have at Turning him.

----------------

After a lot of protesting, and threatening to turn him into a shoe if he didn't let him come with them, Magnus had convinced Alec to let him come to the DuMort.
"I know the leader of the clan anyways. Hopefully he'll be a little less...abrupt...if there's a familiar face."
Alec turned to Magnus with a questioning look as they walked, but Magnus just dismissed him with a shake of his head.
Twice now he's refused to tell me things about his past.
Izzy, Maryse, and Clary were quite far ahead. Jace was walking on his own, but closer to his parabatai.
Alec hadn't been explained the entire story about his mother yet, so he was taking precautions and staying back deliberately.
"Hey Alec! Is this it?" Izzy yelled, pointing upwards.
He, Magnus, and Jace all looked to where she was pointing.
There was an ancient sign that looked at least fifty years old rotting and hanging off the front of the building.
On that signed it said 'DuMont'. However, the 'n' had been scribbled over and was now replaced by a deep red 'r'.
Hotel DuMort.
Hotel of Death.
"An apt name for a vampire den," Jace said, with a look of disgust. The air smelt terribly of death and blood. He poked at a lumpy looking bin bag one the ground, and blood spilled from it.
Jace fought back vomit, as from what he could see through the hole in the bag there was a skinned body.
Shuddering, he asked, "How do we get in here?"
Magnus grinned. If anyone else had seen him, they'd probably think he was insane.
Which, Magnus liked to think, was not actually far from the truth.
"You're not really meant to do this, but I can portal inside."
Maryse looked around, nervous.
"Is it okay if I stay waiting out here? I'll be ready to help if needs be."
Magnus gave her a cool stare.
"Around here is too dangerous to stay out for too long. Either come in with us, or go back to the Institute."
Izzy sighed.
"I'll go back too. If you need either of us, ring immediately," she said, leaving Clary with the boys.
"You sure you don't wanna leave too?" Jace said softly to Clary. A little too softly, Alec thought.
"No. If anything, I'm the only one out of the four of us that actually cares about him," she said.
Alec rolled his eyes. "Let's just get this over with."

--------------

Despite her earlier determination, Clary was quite obviously terrified. Although no one could really blame the girl; she'd never had training and she'd also never seen a vampire den, let alone a singular vampire.
Magnus, however, looked as if he was visiting a well-loved relative.
"I've never seen someone so happy to visit a place like this," Jace said.
Magnus snapped out of a daydream no one even knew he was having. "I'm always happy to see Raphael. Although," his face fell, "I don't know if he's always happy to see me."
No one asked for further information. Clearly Magnus and Raphael had some significant history.
Just then, a figure dropped down from the shadows above them. It looked to be a young boy, no older than sixteen, with deeply tanned skin, brown eyes, and brown hair. He had a light scar on his chest which looked as if it was cross shaped.
"¿Que quieres, Nephilim?" he growled.
"Bueno, en realidad no somos todos Nephilim," came a voice, extremely familiar to Raphael.
"Ah," he sighed. "Magnus Bane. I take it these are your friends?" Raphael asked, his usual air of arrogance quite obvious.
"How did you just do that?" Clary asked.
"Do what?"
"Switch languages so quickly."
Raphael chuckled. He was very beautiful, but in a way Clary couldn't name.
"I have been speaking English since I was young."
Magnus spoke. "I remember the first time I met you...what you did...how terrified you were."
Raphael shot him a look. "Please do not speak of this in front of the Children of Angels."
"Actually, it's Raziel's Chil-"
"Cállate, rubio. English is not my first language."
Magnus suddenly threw himself at the clearly pissed off Raphael and hugged him. Raphael, looking stunned, accepted the hug within a matter of seconds. The pair were softly chatting in a torrent of Spanish. Alec smiled. It was nice to see Magnus so happy to see this boy. Was he like a son to him, maybe?
Clary decided she'd had enough of waiting, and cleared her throat, grabbing Raphael's attention.
"What?"
"I appreciate this little 'family reunion' or whatever, but I want what I came here for."
"Which is?"
"Th-the dead body of my best friend Simon. Alec thought it might be here cause of something his sister told him-"
"Hold on," Raphael questioned. "Who's Alec?"
"My boyfriend," Magnus said, smiling and giving Alec a little wave. Alec looked as if he wanted to remove himself from the planet.
"Tsk tsk, Magnus. I always knew you never had boundaries when it came to relationships, but I never thought you'd date a Nephilim. Specifically one who looks like his only wish in life is to die."
Alec wasn't even offended. In fact, he replied with,"Honestly you're not wrong."
"Okay then. Back to Simon. We do actually have him, but I'm afraid there's something...slightly different about him."
Clary's heart lurched. She knew what he meant but didn't want to believe it.
"Come with me."
Raphael led them all outside, round to what looked like it was a graveyard, but didn't have any headstones. There was a huge hole in the ground, and someone was clawing their way out of it. Clary caught a glimpse of their face.
"Simon!"

i got a ticket to see twenty one pilots i'm bUZzin
aLso i'm a finalist for some history thing lol
that probably made no sense but i'm quite literally sick and tired atm