act I, scene IV

Magnus's heart shattered. It felt like his heart was physically breaking, the ache was so deep. To his surprise, he felt a hand on his shoulder. A soft and caring one.
One he knew well.
One that belonged to the most amazing person he'd ever met.
As he turned around, he could see the sorrow hidden deep in Alec's eyes, but he was fighting it.
"I'm so sorry."
And that was it. Magnus burst into tears, and Alec held on. Even after what happened, Alec still held on. This made Magnus cry even more.  Because that was the moment that he knew.
He knew Alec truly loved him and was truly in love with him.
And he'd royally fucked up.
Big time.
As if he could read his mind, Alec then suddenly whispered something.
"I love you. I always have and will never not. But not telling me about your father? You know I wouldn't have cared. I, to be frank, do not give a flying fuck what others think, or who your dad is. I only care who you are, and you're not him. You're not a disgusting creature, you're an amazing individual fucking person and I love you. I'm hurt. I won't lie. But that doesn't change the fact I love you. Nothing ever will."
Magnus didn't deserve him. He didn't deserve any of them.
"Alec, I-"
BANG.

——————————

Everyone in the room heard the sickening crack when he hit the floor. There Alec stood, beside Magnus's unconscious and dangerously pale body. No one knew what happened. All they saw was him going down.
"You," Alec started. "You sick, crazy bastard. You did this. You made him sick."
Asmodeus smiled gruesomely. "I did indeed. And you can have him back healthy for the low, low price of...that one," Asmodeus finished as he spoke, pointing at Simon.
A simultaneous no! came from Izzy, Jace, and also Jonathan.
"Asmodeus! You can't do this! It doesn't work if we don't have him."
"Ah yes, but you see Jonathan, he is a vampire and therefore immortal. He is young, so he won't die."
Before anyone could protest, Simon spoke.
"I'll do it. I don't wanna be immortal anyways. Do whatever you need to do and let Magnus go."
Isabelle let out a pained wail. "No! Si, I can't risk losing you. I don't want you to die. Please don't do this. I need you. I-, I love you, Simon. Please."
Asmodeus shrugged. "Make up your minds, kiddos. It's either him or Magnus."
Simon ignored everything and turned to Izzy. He put his hands on her waist and talked to her.
"Isabelle, I love you too. But you gotta see the logic. I'm not likely to be too hurt, but Magnus will die and I can guarantee you part of Alec will die too. Then this'll start a chain reaction. So please, let me do whatever he wants me to."
"You'll be fine?"
"I'll be fine."
"You sure?"
"I'm sure."
As Simon approached Asmodeus, an arm suddenly thrusted our and halted him. It was Alec.
"Hey. I know we haven't really talked all that much, but thank you. You're a great guy."
Those words, although little, meant a lot to Simon. It felt like a sign of acceptance, that Alec was happy that his sister was so loved.
"On you come, boy."
And those were the last words spoken before it began.

an: only one/two more chapters left 🥺🥺 please decide if u want a sequel or not!!!