act I, scene II

Isabelle could feel her stomach crawl. She didn't care what Jonathan said to her- most of the time she tried to twist it into a compliment. But knowing how touchy a subject he brought up with Alec, she was terrified. Izzy's brother had hated himself, wanted to die for who he was.
Part of her was still terrified that could happen.
She looked over at Magnus, who shared her stare and nodded. It was obvious how seething with rage he was, but his exterior was calm and cool.
"Jonathan, my dear. Don't be afraid."
"Like hell I'm afraid! I could kill you all in an instance- don't pretend that's not true."
Magnus smirked. "Then why aren't you? Why are you running your mouth when you could be running your blade?"
Jonathan pretended to look intimidated. Something about the look on his face gave Izzy a new shock of sickly feeling.
He was going to do something terrible to Magnus.
"Jonathan, no! Don't hurt Magnus. He hasn't done anything wrong. He's been helping us."
"Ah yes, Isabelle dear. I know that. But he's also been lying to you."
Alec yelled, "What the hell?! He would never! There's nothing for him to lie about!"
Clary, who had been pretty silent, spoke up. "Jonathan, I know why you're mad. And if me joining you means you will stop torturing my friends and killing everyone you come across, then I'll do it."
"No you won't," came a synchronised reply from Jace and Luke. Jace nodded at Luke to let him speak. "This girl? She's a Fairchild. Not a Morgenstern. And she is my daughter. Clarissa, you aren't doing this. That's final."
"I agree with Luke," Jace added. "Clary is nothing like you. She looks like a sweet, pure angel, but boy, on the inside? She's ready to tear you down."
Even in the midst of everything, Izzy still found time to roll her eyes at them.
"I'll get back to this later. Now, back to the subject on hand- Magnus has been lying to you all. And he knows it himself. He's standing here right now, stomach twisting with anxiety, because he knows what I am going to announce to you all."
"YOU CAN ANNOUNCE THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" yelled Raphael. He ran forward and jumped on top of Jonathan. Magnus and a vampire girl wailed desperately- the girl being Lily Chen. Magnus threw his hand out in front of him and pulled Raphael back, accidentally slamming him into the floor in the process.
"I'm not having you die for the sake of my secret, Raph. Let me face this head on."
Raphael choked with pain, and looked up at Magnus with sadness in his eyes. Lily ran over and scooped him up.
He started balling.
Izzy felt awful. The great, emotionless Raphael, in pieces over Magnus. Simon joined Lily to see his sire.
Magnus approached Jonathan and stood before him.
"Good. Now before we begin, why don't we bring in a little friend?"
Magnus's eyes widened. Isabelle watched the colour drain from his face. Alec was scared. "Wh-what's going on I-I don't understand?"
Jace left Clary's side and held his parabatai close. He knew he needed it.
"Hello, ladies and gents," a soft, seductive voice spoke.
A man all too familiar to Magnus stepped into the room.
Tall, thin, and pale.
Same facial bone structure.
Same striking cat eyes.
Same jet black hair, only this time it was crowned with thorns.
Isabelle's mouth ran dry. He was so beautifully horrific. He was so disgustingly charming.
It couldn't be denied any longer.
The resemblance was too much.
Jace pushed Alec's head into his neck, not wanting him to see. But he thrashed and broke away to let his eyes meet with him.
"Asm-Asmodeus?"
Magnus glanced at Alec, a look of pain. Alec returned the glance with what to Magnus seemed like a hint of betrayal.
Alec felt betrayed.
There was no denying it.
Their features were almost identical.
"Hello, father."
Isabelle heard Alec's pained wail. It was excruciating.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I thought you would've hated me!"
"I could never hate you! I just- I feel betrayed. I should've known sooner."
"Alec, you have to know that I didn't tell you because you were so new to love that I didn't want to scare you off!"
"I just- I thought secrets would stop. I thought when you discussed Camille with me that was it."
Asmodeus smiled. "'Mm. Nothing better than the sweet, sweet taste of pain."
Magnus slapped his father.
Isabelle felt a mix of emotions.
Then it happened.
As quick as a flash.
Jace lunged.