takis and truth

Everyone was talking at once. It was hurting Simon's head.
"EVERYONE, BE QUIET! Simon my dear, can you please tell us what happened in your own way?" Magnus yelled in a very Magnus fashion.
Everyone went silent immediately. Now it was awkward. Alec just dug himself into Magnus, lifting his arm and putting it around himself.
"Thank you, Magnus. Are you okay now?"
"Well it's still painful, but nothing a little magic can't fix." Magnus replied, winking.
"Okay. So basically, because there was so many people around me and I was still so confused, I just freaked. I ran off because I needed to be able to process what happened on my own. Then Raphael came and talked to me. He told me I have to stay at the DuMort, but I presume he'll let me have you guys over some times."
"I'm just glad we got you back kid. Or else Clary probably would've had us all go out on a witch hunt for you."
"Jace, if you're going to insult me at least say vampire hunt instead." Clary replied, laughing.
Simon glared. "I appreciate that life is currently very stressful for all of you, but if you could not make light of my situation I'd like that very much."
Clary looked shocked. "Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way!"
"Whatever. I'm gonna go to the DuMort now."
"But you don't know where it-"
"Clary. Just, please let me be. I need time to chill and think things out. I also need food -well, blood."
Clary sighed. She didn't want to start an argument with Simon, not now.
Isabelle, who had been silent the whole time, suddenly walked forward and kissed Simon full on the lips.
"One for the road? Before you go?" she said, giggling and kissing both his cheeks before winking at him.
"I -I gotta go. Thanks, Izzy -Isabelle. Thanks, uh, you guys for, uh, helping me I guess."
Without any spoken goodbyes between them, Simon and Clary hugged. He went off almost as soon as they broke apart.
Jace walked over to Alec, and him and Magnus shared a knowing look. Magnus kissed Alec's cheek and went off to find Maryse. They were going to have a long overdue chat.
"You ready, bud?" Jace said, putting his hand on Alec's shoulder.
"Yeah, I am. We need to go before Isabelle sees us leaving and freaks." Alec said with a giggly whisper.
"To Takis we venture." Jace announced.

----------

After they were sitting comfortably and eating, Jace began to talk.
"Okay. So the real reason we came here is because I wanna talk. I know everything's been messed up for us all recently, but you have dealt with the most shit. What with our mother, me being a dick-"
"You weren't being a dick!" Alec interrupted. Even though he was upset, he still loved Jace to bits and hated him talking shit about himself.
"No, listen Alec. I was. And Magnus got hurt too. All this shit happened, and because Clary showed up with her crazy nerd friend Simon we got pulled into extra drama. No one stopped to think about how you felt, or how you were dealing with everything. Magnus was trying to comfort you, but that wasn't fair on him as he was and still is in immense pain. That's another thing. None of us have stopped to think about him."
"Yeah," Alec started. "None of you have. He's been nothing but kind to us all. He's helped us with everything, and all he gets in response is my mother being grossly politically incorrect to him."
Jace stared at Alec for a moment. Then he laughed.
"See this is the Alec we need more of. You actually standing up for yourself and your beliefs. Alec, you've spent most your life hiding and blaming yourself for it. Get out there. Call people out on their bullshit like you're doing now to your mother and to me."
Alec smiled. In this moment he actually felt confident. Like he could take on the world.
"Thank you. But I think we need to continue discussing the matter on hand; you."
"Yes, Alec. This may take a while, but I want to be real. I think I've fallen in love with Clary. And you know how love feels; it's like the best thing ever. It makes you feel giddy and happy and warm inside. But it can also distract you from other highly important things. Such as best friends and family. You, when you fell in love with Magnus, didn't act differently. A little more quiet, yes, but you didn't ignore us. You don't ignore us. Whereas I've been thinking about Clary's beautiful green eyes, and trying to do whatever I can to help her feel comfortable. I haven't spoken to Isabelle properly either. Although she seems pretty caught up in Simon so I wouldn't say she's been affected much. But you, Alec. You're one of the best, most kindest and sweetest people I've ever met. You're also my parabatai, which makes our bond even more special. But it also means it hurts more when something happens to the other. And in this case, I've neglected you and you've been hurt by that. So, from this moment onwards, I promise you, Alec Lightwood, that I will never, under any circumstances, skip out a day on hanging out with you. Unless of course we get married to people or something like. Either way we have to meet up and hang out at least once a week, and if I forget you have the right to beat me with a pillow."
"Thank you." Alec replied. He stood up and walked out of the booth. Jace went to ask him what he was doing, but was stopped by Alec enveloping him in a tight hug.
"I love you, Jace Herondale. I would never, ever trade you for another parabatai or brother."
"Same to you, Alexander."

--------------

There was a knock on her study door.
"Come in," Maryse yelled.
The door opened.
It was Magnus.
"Hello, my dear Maryse. I believe we have a few things to clear up?"
Maryse looked at Magnus with a sad smile. "I believe we do."
"Hmm, what shall we start with? Oh I know, how about you deciding to throw out your own son for something he can't help?!"
Maryse took a deep breath in. She'd explained it all to the others, but she hadn't realised that Magnus would be this angry.
"Look. You know the Clave better than I do. You know their monstrous, murderous views. There was one time a round fifteen years ago, when one of the Clave members' sons came out as gay. That Clave member had him burnt to death immediately. And as I said to Alec before; I'd rather you all think me an asshole and for Alec to be safe, than for me to tell the truth and have what happened to that boy happen to Alec. Don't you see? I would never say these things deliberately to hurt Alec. I say them because it deters him from the idea that here is a safe space for people like him."
Magnus was shocked to find himself not only agreeing with Maryse, but feeling empathy for her.
"I never thought of it like that, Maryse. I'm so sorry. You must be feeling so stressed right now. And before you say anything about the things you said about me, I forgive you. I've heard worse. A lot worse."
Maryse smiled. Tears were in her eyes.
"You know, I never thought my boy would fall in love with a man. But with someone who's as lovely, kind, and confident as you, I'm not surprised. I couldn't have picked anyone better for my son. Magnus Bane, welcome to the family. I hope, in years to come, when everything is better and the future's clear, I can call you my son-in-law."
At that, Magnus choked. God, this woman had made him love her. They hugged over her desk.
"Now that all that's over, who's ready for some tea?"

hello y'all! this is (obviously) my last chapter for the year! i hope u like it bc i worked really hard on it lol
when i started this fic back in august i never thought i'd even continue it, let alone get high in ranks. i'm currently at 1.72k reads for this one! whaaaat?????
this year did a lot to me. there were bad things, but there were also amazing things. like;

meeting my two favourite people to ever exist!meeting new friends and things as well!i have a lot to look forward to in the new year

meeting new friends and things as well!
i have a lot to look forward to in the new year.
so, as your last formal goodbye from sarah for this year, i'd just really like to say thank you. without you guys, i would've discontinued this long ago. i remember being so excited when i woke up the morning after the first chapter and finding it had four reads like wow i was shook.
now with the level it's at, i look forward to see what next year holds for my wattpad career. happy new year,
lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of love as always,
xosarah.

(p.s i actually look like this now.)

)