act I, scene III

It started like a flash. Everyone broke out. Demons came pouring out from the two grand doors behind Jonathan. Jace was horrified.
The strength of his love for Clary matched the strength of his hatred for Jonathan.
He could feel a pain, a dull yet consistent pain in his chest. It was Alec's.
Alec felt hurt by Magnus. Jace couldn't blame him. But right now, he had other things to focus his mind on.
Like the demon about to rip out his throat.
A quick dash, slash, and stab, and now it was the demon whose throat was ripped.
Jace hoped he could find a way out of this situation. He was never, ever going to let Clary go off with her brother. Tonight was the night he died.
Jace glanced over. Clary, throwing her kindjals with fatal accuracy. Isabelle, whipping through necks and throwing lethal kicks about like the badass she was. Alec, even though he had possibly just had his heart broken, firing arrow after arrow with such accuracy Jace was worried he'd kill all the demons.
Without leaving Jace any.
He looked over everyone he loved and felt proud: this was his family. He never had one until he was ten.
Asmodeus was watching the whole ordeal and smiling sickeningly. Jace would have attempted to chop his head off, if only he knew that even he would be snapped in half in a matter of seconds.
What shocked him was how smooth and confident Magnus was. His boyfriend had just found out the truth, had not taken it well, and now he was smoothly able to wipe out demons? Of course, he was beginning to lose strength, as the kind of magic he was using was taking up a lot of energy.
"Look buddy. I don't like you much right now, but I want to help you. Take some of my strength."
Magnus looked at Jace as if to say, "No. I am undeserving of this. Why do you want to help me?"
But he didn't have a choice, as Jace grabbed his hand.

————————

Alec felt his emotions whirring through him like a kaleidoscope.
A not pretty one.
He was so confused- why would Magnus have done this? This secret meant nothing to Alec, and it didn't change his opinion of him. But what did mean something, was that Magnus didn't trust his strength enough to tell him. Sure, he could be mentally fragile sometimes, but that was too far.
Oh well. The more urgent matter of him or his family and friends possibly dying was also at hand.
Jonathan and Asmodeus were just watching the scene, when all of a sudden Asmodeus yelled "Silence!"
As if by magic- quite evil and demonic magic-, all the demons disappeared and all that was left was ichor everywhere and a lot of blood.
"I've had a jolly good time watching the show but I really must be going. Magnus?"
Magnus looked up. "Yes?"
"Aren't you coming, son?"
Jace snapped. "What? No one's leaving here. It's just you two."
"Ah yes, but you see I stopped the fight. Therefore I expect repayment. In this case, I would like my son."
"Uhmm, no."
"Alright. You asked for it."
Asmodeus wasted no time in opening up a massive rift. It was clear what his intentions were.
"And so did you."
Raphael had broken free of Lily's terrified grip and ran to bite him in the shoulder. Magnus took the opportunity to use his magic. He tied his father up with fire and tossed him over to the rest to beat him unconscious.
Meanwhile, Raph collapsed on the floor.
"Raph?! Raphael! Raphael are you okay?!!!!!!!!!" Magnus desperately screamed. He attempted to use his magic, but nothing was working. The demon blood was far too strong.
"Magnus...I love you. I'm sorry I must go like this. But we can't all get what we want, can we?"
"Please...no."
"Te quiero, Magnus."
And just like that, Magnus's Raphaelito was gone.