jonathan and clary

an:
hey guys. this chapter is a little shorter, and that's because i didn't realise it, but i'm pretty sure this is the second last chapter. don't worry about that though! by popular demand, i have decided that there will be a sequel! i have too much to write and i'd like to get a chapter out asap, so thank you for your patience. also, yes i know this is watty nominated. and i'm so happy about that! but, it will end before the watty entries close. therefore, the quicker this is done the quicker i get the sequel started. and the quicker i get the sequel started, the quicker it gets to 10k words and is nominateable! happy reading, i love you all so so much, and expect a soppy ass story from me to y'all when this ends. i'll be really really sad to see it go, because this fic is everything to me. i love it. and i love you.
xo,
sarah.

Jonathan laughed as yet another clueless Shadowhunter of the New York Institute dropped to their feet. She'd see.
Clary would understand.
He'd done this all for her, to prove to her he loved her. Jonathan was prepared to move heaven for his sister; and if he couldn't, well then he'd raise hell. He wanted them to rule the world together, brother and sister Morgenstern.
It was almost time to go to the Institute. There were only a few Shadowhunters left alive, but they were badly injured so he figured they'd die. There was something else important he had to do first.
No sooner than had he looked at the entrance to it, Jonathan was in Seelie. He had a few, words, to share with the Queen.
"My lady! I'm afraid our deal is over."
The Queen was being fanned by her subjects, but they ran away in fear when they saw him. She looked over, eyes going cold. "Whatever do you mean, Jonathan?"
"You have done absolutely nothing. I've travelled the whole world, killed thousands with my bare hands, and yet I receive nothing in return from you."
The Seelie Queen smirked. "Ah yes. Well you see, I actually have a reward planned. If you'll take it, that is."
Jonathan strode up the steps to sit beside the Queen on her throne. He tilted her delicately beautiful and youthful face up by the chin. "And that reward is?"
"Rule with me. Forget about your sister, and rule with me. We could share a lifetime."
Jonathan took in her words for a moment, then made as if he was leaning in for a kiss. At the last moment, he ducked his head away and laughed.
"I think you're forgetting something, my lady. I'm going to be ruling all realms, and I'm going to be doing so with my sister. She is the only one I will ever accept as my Queen, my ruler."
"But she does not love you. Not like me. I love you. I want you to rule with me. I've never felt anything like what I've felt for you."
Jonathan rolled his eyes. "That's bullshit. I've had enough experience to understand that Seelies can tell untruths. You may be beautiful and youthful my lady, but you are not of my blood. I do not love you like I love her."
The Seelie Queen looked desperate. She knew how valuable Jonathan was, so she knew better than to argue against him.
"Fine. If you won't have me, at least have my child."
"What?"
"Give me a child. I will raise it and care for it on my own if needs be. One night. That's all I ask of you."
Jonathan sighed and weighed out his options. He really had to get to the Institute soon. Faerie time went differently, so he hoped that one night would only last one hour, or at the very most a day.
"Your wish is granted. But I have other things to attend to, my lady."
The Queen smiled with satisfaction. "Deal."

-----------

Once everything had been arranged and everyone was physically prepared, they took a moment to hug each other and talk. Magnus, of course, ran straight into Alec's arms.
"Babe."
Alec said nothing, just held him tighter.
"Ready to win a war?"
"Hell yes."
Even though Magnus was acting happy and focused, Alec could tell he was on edge. He was extremely good at reading people. "Hey," he whispered in his ear," it's gonna be okay. Relax. We will fight with all the strength we possibly can. Surely one dude isn't a match for us."
"Hate to break it to ya, but this dude's killed like, hundreds of thousands of people," Jace said, always the optimist.
"Like Alec said, he isn't a match for us," Izzy said, winking at her brother.
They knew for a fact that this war would be hard. It could possibly change the Shadow World forever. Jonathan was only the start. He had supporters. But if they were to die today, they'd die knowing they tried. Shadowhunters weren't afraid of death. They stared straight into the face of it.
"Hola, cazadores de sombras."
"Raphael?"
Raphael smiled. Well, at least, it was probably meant to be a smile. "I brought some friends. The more the merrier to take down this bastard, ¿sí?"
Raphael gestured to a group of around twenty vampires behind him. Alec recognised Lily Chen and waved.
"Also there was some werewolf man behind me. I think he's coming here too."
"Luke?!"
Everyone turned around. They glanced at Clary, and then at the tall man at the front of the pack.
"Hey kiddo. I know I've been gone for a while. But trust me, I can't-"
"You don't have to explain. I'm just glad you're here," Clary said, tears meeting her eyes. It truly was beautiful, watching everyone come together to take down this guy. Her brother.
"Alright, so have we got an action plan?"
Jace grinned. "Not really! I was just planning on slashing away as much as I could."
Raphael glanced sharply at him. "My earlier words still apply to you. I dislike you, blond boy."
"Oh COME on."
The shouting ceased and everyone began their own conversations; Jace caressing Clary, Izzy hugging Simon, and Alec...standing alone because Magnus had went over to Raphael. He didn't mind -there was some sort of deep relationship between them. But there was a reason that Alec did not necessarily want a one-on-one with him.
Possibly because of something embarrassing that happened when he was eleven.
All of a sudden, the front door of the Institute creaked open, but not the full way.
Just enough for someone to slip their foot through.
"So this is it, my friends."

"The Final Stand."