action and amazement pt.2

An hour and a bit later, Magnus's apartment had been almost completely finished. There were just a few extras that Izzy and Jace said they had under control. They let Simon and Clary go out and grab them all a coffee, and the two sat on Magnus's sofa.
"What do you think of the place?" Clary muttered quietly, partially in amazement. She was so happy that her and her odd band of friends had managed this.
There were lights everywhere, but just enough that it wasn't overboard. Scented candles littered the place, but obviously in a safe way. Simon had bought them, and they were sandalwood. He wasn't sure if they would like that, but he knew now that Izzy hated it. She'd threatened to shove one down his throat, and for a minute Simon was genuinely convinced she would.
"It looks amazing. I especially like the little led M and A light things."
Clary smiled. "Thank you! That was my idea. It's just cause you see all the time that couples have these little lights that are the first letter of their names and I just think it's so cute."
"It is," Simon replied fondly. "Do you know what Isabelle and Jace are meant to be doing?"
"Apparently they're trying to do something or other in Magnus's bedroom. Knowing them it'll be some kind of gross joke."
Simon laughed silently to himself. The two sat for a minute in silence, drinking their coffee.
"You really like her don't you?" Clary blurted out randomly.
Simon blushed. "I -what? I'm,,,,I'm not sure what you're talking about?"
"That just confirmed my suspicions. Simon Lewis, I am not an idiot. I can tell you've fallen massively for Izzy. I don't blame you; she's hot, kind, and fiercely protective. But watch out. I don't want you getting your heart broken. Jace has said she's broken many guys hearts before, even if she really liked them."
"I guess you could call me a heartbreaker then!" a voice yelled.
Izzy walked into the room with the most obvious smirk on her face.
Simon frantically tried to redeem himself, with utter failure.
"Izzy, I can explain! What did you hear? We weren't being mean I swear! We were just-"
"Oh shut up you idiot, will you?"
Clary glared, just as Jace walked in.
"Hey, don't talk to him like that."
Jace smirked, an identical one to Izzy's.
"She is right though," Jace declared. Simon looked exasperated.
"Now, you all interrupted me. Let me get back to what I was doing," Izzy said, with massive authority in her voice. She pulled Simon up lightly by the collar.
And smashed her mouth onto his.
Simon seemed to freeze in shock for a moment, but then he kissed back.
He couldn't believe it.
Isabelle Lightwood, the hottest freaking girl he'd ever met, was making out with him, and because she wanted him. Him. Boring old nerdy Simon Lewis from New York.
Guess it was true what some people say about nerds being hot.
She pulled away and Simon instantly missed her soft, sweet as cherry lips.
"Well. That was,,,,interesting to watch," Jace said, not without feeling behind it.
"Am I going to have to give the mandatory, 'hurt her and I'll have you broken in half' talk?" he said, suddenly seeming very very intense and scary.
Isabelle smiled and shook her head. "No, don't worry. I trust this one," she said with love and pride.
"I'm in the same boat as Jace though. If she hurts you, I will not hesitate to have one of her seven inch heels-"
"I get the picture, Clary babe," Isabelle said, laughing.
Everyone laughed and smiled for a moment. Jace told them him and Izzy were done with what they were doing, but left out what they had done.
The quartet sat down together; Clary and Jace, and Simon and Isabelle.
All that was left to do now was to wait patiently for Magnus and Alec to arrive.

------------

"That's better," Alec said with a slight smirk. "No crumbs on your face anymore."
Magnus grinned. "Since when did you become such an open flirter? And since when did you think you could just kiss me whenever you want?" he said, raising his eyebrow drastically for effect.
"Since I realised that you're the only person I've ever been in love with," Alec replied, voice wavering slightly because it was the raw truth.
Magnus's playful side dropped, and he smiled a genuine and beautiful smile right from his glittering honey-green eyes.
"You're the only one who's ever loved me as much as I loved them," he mumbled, lying down and motioning for Alec to do so so he could cuddle him.
"What makes you think that? Maybe I'm just a spy that's meant to monitor the warlocks."
Magnus felt a tiny pang in his heart. He knew it was a joke, but it hurt slightly.
Magnus still doubted a lot of things in his life. Because of Camille, he was extremely wary in relationships now. He'd fallen so quickly for Alec, and so deeply, that it scared him. He didn't want to lose him; but he also hoped ever so hard that Alec would never break his heart.
Sadly, however much he promised himself that wouldn't happen, and however much Alec told him it wouldn't, there still was no guarantee.
As long as they stuck by each other's side, everything would end up fine.
Magnus realised with a start that he really wanted to marry Alec. He wanted that for them; he, because he'd never felt loved enough for it, and for Alec, because he never thought he'd get the chance to.
"Are you okay?" Alec said, concern written all over his face. His blue eyes shone with raw emotion.
"I...I just -I can't help doubting myself. I love you, more than anything else ever. But I still get so scared, Alec. I get so scared you don't love me, that you'll break my heart like the rest. And yet I know you never would. I can't help thinking it, though..." he trailed off, tears welling in his eyes.
Alec could read faces very well. He could tell Magnus was being honest. And he wasn't offended. No one could predict the future; their unlikely relationship didn't seem likely to last.
But it would, and Alec swore he would be damned if it didn't, because under no circumstances was he going to lose the love of his life.
"Magnus, listen to me," he said softly, grabbing his hands and kissing his forehead.
"I know about your past. You've told me about how horrible Camille was. And I know that you find it hard to trust people now. I know you find it hard to realise that someone actually loves you. In fact, that someone loves you so much he'd go to the end of the world and back for you. I can't immediately stop you feeling this way, but I will try with all my heart to prove to you I do love you. I have no intention of leaving you, not now, not ever. Okay?"
"I want to marry you," Magnus blurted out before he could think.
Alec laughed, a soft, gentle sound.
"I'd rather lie here with you in my arms for a while longer first. But I'm definitely not saying no to it ever happening."
Magnus leaned up to peck Alec's cheek. They laid together for what felt like hours.
"Okay my back hurts a bit. What do you say we go back to my apartment for a bit?" Magnus suggested.
Alec smirked. "Seems like a great idea, Magnus."
His mind was definitely in the gutter.