Chapter 7

*Two week later*

*Jocelyn's POV*

Lauren and I had been on tons of date and it's time to ask her to be my girlfriend. In few days, we will going to Lauren's favorite spot at the beach. Before I ask her, I asked her parents for approval and they did. The little thing she didn't know that they accepted it when they had suspect us since we've been hanging out a lot.

Lately, I feel nausea, had been throwing up and feel weak and dizziness for couple day. It must be a flu but important thing is I can't hear very well even tho I use my hearing aids, I'm scared I can't hear anything but maybe they aren't working well or my hearing loss are getting worse because there were annoying ringing in both my ears and it was itchy. I spoke less and less because I don't feel comfortable using my voice if I can't hear myself. I had talked with my dad about it. We're going to E.R. today which we are on our way right now.

"Dad?" it came out as a whisper

"Yea?" I barely can hear him but I figured it out what he just said.

"What if I can't hear anymore? I can't survive without listening beautiful sounds so such like crushing waves, bird tweeting, beautiful music or anything like that." I started to crying. Lauren's voice and laugh. I thought to myself.

My dad stopped at the red light. "Oh Jose, don't think that. I'm sure your hearing aids aren't working and you just have a bad flu." he tried to comforted me but I had doubt. So I just nodded and looked out of the window.

Seeing people talking and laughing, it hurt me so much and I started to wonder why it had to be me, why am I deaf out of those people. Now I'm getting negative thoughts and it became suicidal thoughts. I had this urge to feel the pain.

Now I'm thinking about Lauren, what about Lauren? What if she doesn't want me anymore if I'm deaf and never use my voice again because I won't feel comfortable. What if she's tired of me because I'm deaf and she want someone that she would talk to instead using sign language because it will be 'exhausted'.

So I texted Lauren.

To Lo😍😘

Hey /:

From Lo😍😘

What's wrong? 😕

To Lo😍😘

What if you don't want to date with me because you will never heard my voice again and I might will be fully deaf. You have to signing all the time.

From Lo😍😘

Don't say that! I really like you a lot. Love is deaf, you can't just tell someone you love them, you have to show it. Jo, get rest. Text me when you're back from hospital or anything happen. Take care.

I sighed and putted my phone away.

Maybe she aren't going to leave me because I'll be fully deaf and losing my voice. I don't want to have C.I., I know it will help me hear again but I don't want it in my head.

I felt the car stopped. We've arrived. I barely walked, my dad carried me to the E.R. and a nurse saw us and grabbed a wheelchair for me. My dad putted me down. I saw them talking and I can't heard anything.

A nurse pushed me to a room for asking questions, thank god she knew to signing and checked up on me, and put a hospital bracelet thingy around my right wrist. She grabbed kits and put needle in my finger and this thingy sucked blood.

Nurse look a little shocked. "Your sugar blood is too high and we have to sent you to another hospital. You have diabetes."

"What's diabetes?" I asked.

"It's metabolic disease, your body might stopped produce insulin or don't have enough insulin," She explained. "Also I checked up her ears because you told me she can't hear very well, she has viral infection. Her hearing might or might not improving."

My heart dropped. I might never will heard again.

I just nodded. They send me to another hospital and I had to stay there for three day. I texted Lauren that I won't be home for three day and she will come over soon.

This is the worst day ever. I have diabetes and never will hear again.

Lauren and her whole family even Christina are here. They brought get well soon balloons and gifts. My dad explained them why was I here for. Lauren already know. "Remember I like you for who you are, not your deafness." Lauren said. "Beside you look hot in your hospital gown." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes at her then we laughed.

*Lauren's POV*

This might be hard for us but it will be worth it. I stared at her for a while, she seem pale but yellowish. She had bags under her eyes. Her eyes were grey. She's not happy right now. There were stories behind her eyes. She turned her head around because she felt someone was staring at her. She slightly smiled.

"We are going to home" My dad said.

"Can I stay?" I asked.

"Sure. Take care, Jocelyn." He said. Everybody even Christina told her to get well soon. Her dad left to home.

Jocelyn patted on the bed, want me laid down next to her. I laid down.

"Everything will be fine. We will work it out." I said.

She nodded and fell asleep. She doesn't feel so well.

Lisa texted me if I need anything.

To Lisa

No I don't think so.

From Lisa

How's Jocelyn doing? And are you okay?

To Lisa

She's doing okay, she's sleeping. Yeah I'm okay, I just worried if she ever hurt herself again.

Lisa knew, she talked with her about it when she saw her scars that night where she was staying at my place for night.

From Lisa

All you need is be there for her and make her happy. I'm going to sleep and you too. Goodnight.

To Lisa
Goodnight.

I tried to sleep. I was overthinking about everything. At last, I was falling asleep.

Last thought in my mind was will everything work it out?

=================

I arrived safely! I'm at Mexico! My cousin have wifi but it only last for an hour per day. But hey, I updated!

I might change the title.
Choose one
Silent Love or Love is Deaf

If you liked it, vote and comment!

- Jocelyn 🐼🐼