Chapter 24

*two month later*

Lauren's POV

"Everybody be quiet! Jocelyn and the twins are coming!"

"She's deaf you doofus! She can't hear!"

"Shut up!"

"The twin can hear stupid!"

"Here they are!"

"Surprise!" We jumped out as Jocelyn got home from took Mia for walking with the twins. Jocelyn smiled. It's her 17th birthday and twins 8th birthday.

"Happy birthday babe." I gave her a quickly kiss.

Since we got back together, we've got better. Jocelyn's doing better so much that her diabetes is doing perfectly, she gained some weight and everything went normal.

"I got you something." I smiled and she frowned a bit little. "I thought I told you I don't want you to buy a gift for me."

"Yeah but I want to." I gave her a gift and she opened. She smiled, "you know me well." I got her panda beanie and panda onesie.

"Thanks babe." She wrapped her arm around my neck to pull me a side hug. I put my arm around her waist.

"And one more surprise." I said, can't wait to see her reaction. "Actually, two more." her dad said. Jocelyn raised her eyebrow at me.

"Victoria!" I said as she walked out of the kitchen. Jocelyn's jaw dropped. She told me about Victoria, her former best friend in Chicago. I paid ticket plane for her to come to visit her. I knew Jocelyn missed her so much. Victoria and I've talked few time and I talked about this.

"Tori!" Jocelyn ran to her and gave her a hug. I felt a bit of jealously inside of me but I knew they're just best friend. I smiled at how happy Jocelyn was.

"You look different and what happened to your hair?" Victoria said and ruffed her hair. I smiled and left them alone. I sat on the couch with few of her friends.

"It's okay to be jealous." Conner said, I looked at him weird. Conner was one of her close friends. He can talk and understand without signing.

"What?" I acted I don't know what he was talking about, looking at Jocelyn and Victoria who were laughing and talking near the staircase.

"Don't act you don't know. I'm not that stupid. Like I said, it is okay. That mean you do love her."

"Yeah, don't worry she won't leave you for her." Hannah said. Saul shoot her a glare.

"Don't listen to her." Saul said. I faked smiled and nodded. "I know she wouldn't." I said.

I saw Daniel, Jocelyn's dad gave me a nod to me. "I'll be back." I got up and walked toward to him.

"Lauren, I wanted to say thank you. For helping me to throw a surprise birthday party. Also helping her to through her pasts. It must be hard. Thank you for making her smile and be happy again. She loves you. I can tell that." He said, and pulled me for a hug. I was surprised but hugged him back. He's like my second father. "Guess what I got her for birthday?" He held a key. It took a while to realize. "Car?" He nodded. "and a new brand phone."

He walked over to Jocelyn who was still talking with her best friend. He tapped her shoulder. She turned her body around and Daniel threw a key at her. She caught it and got confused.

"Oh holy shit!" As she realized, then she ran out of the door to find a car.

I followed her and saw a new brand car, red dodge challenger 2015. She's so happy. She smiled at me then her dad. "Thanks dad. oh my god. this is an amazing!" then she got in her new car.

"You got me a iPhone 5s!"

"Lauren, come with me. I want to drive around!" I walked over to her and got in. She started the engine and reserve the car then started to drive around the neighbor.

She drove to Diary Queen which was still open in December. It's cool outside. She brought me a bash peanut butter and got herself the same thing. We sat on the nearly branch at the park.

"There is the only one thing I hadn't told you yet." She said, looking up at the sky.

"What is it?" I worriedly asked.

"Today isn't just my birthday. Someone else's birthday beside the twins." I kept my mouth shut, let her to continuing.

"I was a twin of my brother. His name was Joseph. Over a little over three year ago, I was 14. my brother and I were looking for our sister, Kayla who was picking us up from school. We heard horn.. We started to walking to where she parked then a car passed us and started to shooting. Joseph got shot in his stomach. I screamed his name and clutched him in my arms, praying he will survive. Kayla ran to us after the shooting stopped.. She was yelling for help. Joseph's last name was he love our family then he passed away in my arms." Jocelyn didn't cry, "but I saw him when I was in a coma. he said my name. I saw him. I knew he want me and my family to be happy and strong. So I will for him." She smiled at the sky.

"Happy birthday, Joey." she whispered. I wiped tears off my face and grabbed her cold hand from ice cream. I rubbed her palm with my thumb. We ended up staying at the park and looking up the sky and stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! This story will be end soon I don't know how many chapters yet but don't worry there will be a sequel! Jocelyn is helping me. not so much.

I know it's short but I have quite ideas for the next chapter maybe in a week or so.

Hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote!

~Camille🐨💃✌️