Chapter 18

Jocelyn's POV

Who is she? Do I know her?

"You woke up!" I remembered I'm deaf.

"Who are you?" I asked her. She dropped her smile.

"Y-you don't remember me?" She looked like she was about to cried. I felt bad. I shook my head no. "No, I want to but I can't. Please don't cry." I begged her to not cry. "I won't." She wiped her tears that were about to fall.

"What's your name and who are you to me?"

"I'm Lauren. I'm you-" she stopped. I raised my eyebrow. "My what?" She was my what? Sister? Cousin? Friend?

Then the doctor walked in the room and surprised that I woke up or whatever. "Oh! You're woken. So do you remember anything?"

I shook my head no. "What's your name?" I tried to remember but I can't. I sighed. I felt a hand laid on my hand and I felt the sparks. "It's okay, we will help you to regain your memory." Lauren said. I smiled.

"Your name is Jocelyn." He fingerspelled my name. "Let me call your dad that you had finally woke." He left the room to call my dad.

"How long was I out?" I asked Lauren. "About two week."

"Wow. Tell me about myself." I asked.

"Well your full name is Jocelyn Christine DeLaCruz. You have two sisters and three brothers. You only have a dad. You like purple. You're 16. Your birthday is Dece 9 1997." And she continued telling me about myself.

"And you're a lesbian, you don't like being labeled. You just like girls."

I nodded, already knew I was because I'm falling for her. I didn't noticed the scars on my arm until I rubbed my arm. I looked at them. I self harmed?

Lauren bit her bottom lip. "Did I self harmed?" I asked her. She opened her mouth then closed. "Never mind. Can you help me to get up because I really need to go the restroom?" I crossed my legs. Lauren giggled and nodded. She got up and helped me.

My legs wobbled like noodles! We walked to the bathroom. She putted me down slowly and left me to do my company.

I really needed to take a shower because I stink. So I told Lauren I was taking a shower.

After I took a shower, I've been thinking who Lauren is to me. My guts kept telling me there was a thing between me and her.

And other thing, I wanted to know why did I self harmed. I was sure Lauren know but she seems she doesn't want to tell me.

I sighed, hoping I'll getting my memory back. I putted a ugly hospital gown on.

As I walked out of the bathroom, Lauren who looked like she was about to cry was playing with her ring necklace, not awaring I was sitting next to her. Her necklace look familiar.

"Who you are to me?" I asked.

Lauren's POV

She forgot me and her family. She didn't know who I was and her family. I was heartbroken when she said those three word, Who are you? I sighed. I started to play with a ring necklace that Jocelyn gave me on my 16th birthday. I held my tears, not letting them fall.

"Who you are to me?" I heard her husky voice, I looked at her. How didn't I see her came out of the bathroom.

"Uhm. I-I was your ex. A-and w-we are close friend." I half-lied. She narrowed her eyebrows in the confusion. "What happened?"

"It didn't went work out." I lied. We were doing great until Teala thing.

"Oh. I'm glad we're friend." She smiled.

Yeah friend.

I heard a door opened. Jocelyn's family was here. "Jocelyn!" Ashley and Jayden shouted and ran over to us. They gave her a hug. I felt bad for Jocelyn, she seem so lost but she hugged them back. "I miss you. You were sleeping for a long time." Ashely frowned, not knowing what was going on but happy she had woke up.

"I miss you too." Jocelyn said and half-smiled.

"Mr. DeLaCruz, I need to talk with you. Can your kids leave the room and stay in the waiting room?"

"Oh sure." He said. I picked Ashley up and Kayla grabbed Jayden. The boys already left.

"Is there wrong something with her?" Kayla asked me as we followed the boys.

I sighed. "She lost her memory but it's temporary." Kayla looked like she got punched in the stomach.

"So she really doesn't remember us?" I shook my head.

"Her first words was who are you after she woke up." We sat on the chairs.

She stared at the floor and muttered something I can't heard.

"But we can help her to regain her memory back." I said, putted Ashely down.

Will she get it back?

Kayla's POV

I had to be positive for Jocelyn but my younger siblings weren't going to take it well. The twins wouldn't understand, I was going to explain them as we got home.

I was glad I didn't lose her like my brother, Joseph. I watched him dying in front of my eyes.

I was driving to pick up the twin, Jocelyn and Joseph from their school and parked near the curb.

The bell ring, I waited for couple minutes. I saw them walked out of the door. I flashed the car light and honked. They were both deaf but not fully deaf.

They looked over at me and waved. When they were on the halfway, the sudden, a car passed and started to shooting out of the blue. I ducked under the wheel.

"Please let the twin be okay, please let them be okay."

I heard the shooting, screaming and crying.

"JOSEPH! NO!" I heard my sister cried then screamed as I heard the shotgun fired and the car had left.

I got out of my dad's car. I ran over to the twin. I frozen when I saw couple of bodies laid down on the cement floor with a blood pool. I found my sister held him in her arms. "Please don't die on us." I whispered.

"Kayla... He won't wake up.."

"SOMEBODY CALL 911!" I yelled but it was too late. "Kay.. Joce.. Please tell our family.. I-I love them.. I love you.." And he just died like that. My knees dropped and I bawled. I heard the sirens.

"Kayla? What's wrong?" Lauren asked. I didn't notice I was crying. "Yeah, I'm fine." I wiped tears. "I just had a flashback that I don't want to remember."

Lauren gave me a sad smile and rubbed my back.

"I love you, Kayla." I swear I heard Joseph's voice. I looked around and saw him standing at Jocelyn's hospital doorframe. He faded into thin air.

"I love you, Joseph, too." I whispered.

=======================

Hey. Uhm. I hope you like this chapter. (:

Sorry for the late update and I might won't update for a while and I don't do well right now, not the sick way. I just am not okay.

Thank you for over 7k read and almost 400 votes. Thanks for your supports.

Who isn't taking it well that Jocelyn lose her memory?

Will Lauren ever find out about Joseph? Or somebody will tell her about him?

Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to vote!

-Jocelyn