Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

It's been over a week since the last time Jocelyn and I talked. I groaned.

"Miss Lauren, is there anything you want to say?" Mr. Riggs said, holding a book he was reading for the class.

"No sir. Sorry." I gave him a toothless smile. "Alright then." I rolled my eyes after he read again.

"What's up with you?" Elli whispered. "Nothing, just stuff." I looked at book, pretended reading a book. "What stuffs?"

"Things." I heard her sighed, knowing she gave up. "But you have to tell me or I'll ask Dani." She said in her normal voice instead whispering.

I shrugged. Elli didn't know Jocelyn and I were dating, she didn't know I was bi. I don't feel like telling her. She will find it out in one way or another.

"Elli! Stop disturbing her and be quiet!" Mr. Riggs yelled at her.

"Asshole." I heard her muttered under her breath.

*skips to lunch*

*bell rings*

Finally, lunch! I rushed off to the cafe.

"Watch out!" I heard someone shouted and I accidentally bumped someone. I fell on them. "I'm so sorry!" I looked at a person whom I fell on, I frozen when I saw hazel eyes.

I stood up and helped her to get her feet on the ground. "It's okay. Uhm can we talk after school if you don't mind?"

My heart was beating fast when she asked me if we can talk. Did she make her mind? Or was it something else? "Lauren?" I heard her husky voice.

"O-oh yeah, sound good! I mean, yeah sure." I said.

She nodded and gave me an envelope. She smiled and walked off with her friends. I looked at envelope and putted it in my backpack. "What was that? Who was she?" Elli said.

"I'll tell you later." I said. We walked to the cafe. We sat with our friends, I wasn't listening to them. I kept staring at Jocelyn with her friends. She felt she was being stared at. She turned her head towards me and I quickly looked away. I sighed. Today will be long day.

*after school*

I waited for my brother for driving home.

"Hey Laur." My heart skipped a best when I heard her husky voice. I turned around and found pair of hazel eyes.

"Hey Jocelyn."

"Didnt you forget that we were going to talk after school, did you?" Shit I forget about it. How can I forget?

"Oh r-right. Here?" She shrugged. "Wherever you want." she rubbed back of her head. She cut her hair short before school start.

"Can we go to the beach?"

"The beach?" I nodded. "Okay. Let's go." she said and started to walking toward to the beach. It wasn't far but it was far enough for us if we didn't talk then it'll be awkward but I don't think it will be. We liked a silent comfortably.

Jocelyn's POV

I had make my decision. I was going to give us another shot. Lauren didn't mean to hurt me on purpose. But is that how relationship are?

I remember I read TAT and I loved that quote. A smooth sea never make a skilled sailor. There are so many deep meaning inside that quote. (A/N wink wink)

We arrived the beach, we didn't talk on all the way. It wasn't awkward. It was comfortable.

"What do you want to talk about?" Lauren said as we sat near the shore.

"Us." I said. She looked nervous. "Well it's okay if you don't wan-"

"Lauren. I am giving us a new fresh start. You didn't mean to hurt me on purpose. We all know that." Lauren looked at me with that beautiful smile.

"Really?"

"Really. You never took that necklace off." I said, looking at the necklace I gave her on her 16th birthday. I looked at her wrist and saw a bracelet. "and bracelet."

"Yeah. I just can't let you go. I feel so completely empty without you. I love those craving on them."

I smiled, remembering those craving.

"A smooth sea never make a skilled sailor." I said.

"What?"

"It mean if everything comes easy, then you'll never learn to deal with the disasters when they inevitably arrive."

"If we do, we will prepare for what's next ahead for us."

I nodded. "Exactly."

"I like it." Lauren put her hand on my hand. "So does that mean we are back."

"Yeah." I kissed her and she kissed me back.

We pull apart. "I miss you."

"I miss you too."

----------------------------------------

Hope this doesn't suck. /: I tried my best.

Hope you all like it. Don't forget to give this chapter vote.

~Camille~