Chapter 14

Lauren's POV

I went to the bathroom and wiped my face with water to rid tear strains. I sighed and went to the backyard.

"Are you alright?" Christina asked me as I walked to her and Big Nick. "Yeah I'm okay, just let's party for our birthday!" I tried to cheered up. Christina gave a look. Oh she knew. I sighed. "Chrissy, I don't want to talk about it." She slightly nodded in understanding. I walked over to my friends to catching up.

My sweet 16 was an amazing expect Jocelyn and Teala thing. "Honey, what's matter?" My mom asked me, I shook my head no. "But it's not a big deal, I can handle it. Thanks mom for the party." I gave her a toothless smile.

I walked over to the living room and noticed a small box pocket on the table. I picked it up and opened. I gasped. It was a necklace ring along bracelet, I gently picked up and adored at it and noticed the engraved on the ring, I think I have a crush on you

I chuckled and picked up the engraved bracelet, Love Has No Limits. It's made out of leather.

I sighed, I know it's from Jocelyn. I started to regretting for breaking up with her. I noticed there was a folded letter inside of box pocket. I grabbed it and opened it.

Dear Lauren,

I'm not good at writing a letter. Please bear with me. Why do I like you? Why?

Because you have brought the best things in my life. I used to be so unhappy before but now I am filled with joy and peace. Thank you for bringing good things into my life.

I love the way you look at me, how beautiful your brown eyes are, the way you laugh, how I know you'll always be there when I need you to be, the fact that I'll always be there for you too, how completely I feel when I am with you. I love everything about you. Just everything. Nothing will change that.

Since I met you, my life changed over those two month. I'm grateful for having you in my life. You're the reason that I stopped self harmed. I know we haven't say L word yet but it's okay. I want to it to be special. I really really like you, and nothing will change that.

I told you I sucked at writing but hope you liked your gifts I gave. I like you, don't forget that.

-Jocelyn Christine DeLaCruz

P.S. I love how we have the same middle name.

"Lauren? Why are you crying?" A voice asked. I was crying? I looked at Lisa. "I already missed her." I said, gave her a letter. After she read, I showed her the necklace ring and bracelet.

"Lauren, I'm positive Jocelyn didn't kiss back, you walked in on the wrong timing." She said.

"I really wanted to believe it but the part of me don't want to." I said, wiping tears on my face.

She just sighed. "Just take your time." I nodded, "I am." She hugged me and left to our room. I putted the necklace ring around my neck and bracelet on my left wrist. I regretted it. Why can't I just believe her?

Jocelyn's POV

I remembered I putted a box pocket on the living room table before I leave. Teala ruined everything! Why didn't Lauren just fucking let me explain? I just wished I can go back, so I wouldn't followed her.

I got up and went outside. I walked back to the beach. I sat down on the spot where I asked her to be my girlfriend. I was getting angry. I got up and started to punching on the rock wall, not caring my knuckles started to bleeding. I stopped and my knees dropped on the sand. I started to crying. I've never heartbroken like this. I had a girlfriend in Chicago but it's not the same as mine and Lauren's relationship, she don't give a shit about me.