[KOOK] The Maybe

🐰
CHAPTER 09
🌟 JUNE 22, 2018 🌟
LOTTE FAMILY CONCERT

Jungkook was just lying on the couch, holding his hammer bong - he really brought it for this event - when it happened. His other hand was holding his phone up, recording Tae and Hobi who are dancing in front of the screen where Blackpink's real-time performance was being monitored. His head was also absentmindedly bopping to the beat of Stay and he could see his other hyungs singing along too.

When Forever Young started, Tae got particularly hyped and he himself sat up to finally watch too. Hoseok was the first one to notice;

"That staff member really had to walk on the stage?" He joked - they still had no idea what was gonna happen.

"Wae? What's happening?" Taehyung frowned. This caught the attention of the other members too - even the BigHit staff who are with them - and they all watched as the girls were stopped mid-performance and were escorted out.

"Do they really have to cut them off during their performance?" Namjoon unbelievably asked.

"What now?" Jin added, "that's really unprofessional.."

"The girls were really surprised, hell - Rosé looked pissed," Yoongi commented.

"I would too," Jimin uttered. "What? Are they going to perform again? That's really rude," he said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Ahh.. this is really messed up," Manager Sejin said causing everyone to turn to him. "One of the organizers informed me that some people still haven't entered so they had to stop BP. Now, I still don't know if they're going to perform all four songs again or they're just gonna start from Forever Young."

"Is it their first time having a concert like this?" Jungkook asked irritably, "they should've made sure everyone's in before sending Blackpink out."

"Let's not add up to their stress Kook-ah and let them handle this, I just wish the girls aren't affected that much," Namjoon said, shaking his head in dismay.

The room was silent for a while, it seems like everyone was really disappointed for Blackpink. Such a waste, it should've been their first time performing two of their comeback tracks in an event like this. They can't even imagine what the girls are feeling right now.

Their dressing room's door opened after a few minutes as one of their stylists came in. "Seems like BP won't be able to go back the stage anymore," she said, "I had a chance to talk to one of YG staff and she said Jennie needs to prepare now for her next schedule.. such a shame."

"Did she say anything about the girls?" Hobi asked, concern evident in his tone.

"She said their dressing room has been silent since the four came back, no one had the guts to speak," the stylist replied.

"Should we go?" Tae hopefully asked earning an eager nod from Jungkook. The two then turned to their leader.

"You know we can't," Joon sighed out. Jungkook was about to protest when someone cut him off;

"Why not?" Manager Sejin asked earning startled looks from the seven. "Let's go, I'll handle it," the man gestured towards the door before walking out.

"Hyung, you're the best!" Jimin exclaimed, earning chuckles from the other members.

🐰

Jisoo's voice was the sound that greeted them the moment they entered Blackpink's dressing room. "Chaeng-ah, come on, don't be sad over this - it's not worth it. Let's just do something for Blinks tomorrow okay?" Though her voice was soft, it still resounded all over the quiet room.

Jisoo glanced at the boys once they entered and gave them a tight-lipped smile before rubbing Rosé's back. Jennie on the other hand was seated in front of one of the vanity mirrors, her makeup being retouched and hair being re-styled - with zero emotion on her face. While the maknae was seated on a stool in the far corner of the room, watching the crying Rosé with a sad gaze.

"I'm sorry Unnie, I'm just so annoyed.. why do they have to do that?" Ro cried out, "what would Blinks feel? I'm so ashamed.." she then added between sobs.

The guys looked at each other and made their separate ways towards each member. Yoongi was never good at managing crying people so he chose to take the seat beside Jen and do nothing - he thought the girl needs space for a while so that's that. The sunshine line - Jin, Hobi and Tae - naturally went to where they were most needed, with RM who's in charged of the 'talk.'

Well we all know where Jungkook went.

"Hey," Kook uttered, pulling another stool and sitting in front of Liz.

"Hey," the girl managed to slightly smile.

"So.." he drawled - miserably. God, he's really not good at this.

"So.." Liz automatically followed.

JK cleared his throat - flustered with his pathetic attempt. "About what happened.. uhm you-- you shouldn't be sad, ah no.. I mean you--"

Lisa giggled quietly, "hey," she reached out for the guy's hand and began playing with his ring - shocking Jungkook beyond sanity. "Thank you for being here though," she muttered with a smile, "Chaeng really needed some dad jokes and Jisoo-unnie needs someone to help her calm down. And well, Jen-unnie just needs some company.."

"How about you?" Kook asked as he watched her fingers twist the silver ring around his - it was weirdly therapeutic.

He felt her shrug, "I'm fine. I was just waiting for Jisoo-unnie to calm Chaeng down cause I don't really know what to do when I see someone crying, and I'm afraid I'll just do something stupid in front of Jen-unnie and not help at all so.. yeah, staying here is actually a big help right?"

"You're fine?" This time, Jungkook looked up and assessed her face, this made her look back at him too. She smiled and though he saw a trace of sadness in her eyes, he could also see that she's trying and decided not to point it out. The girl's trying really hard to appear strong and he had no guts of letting her feel like she failed to do so.

"I trust you, Oppas and our other Sunbaes to present performances that could give Blinks their money's worth. And I'm sure, once they all see your magenta hair, the disappointment would lessen even just a bit," she laughingly said, even making this cute gesture with her fingers.

"Don't you think you believe in my magenta hair too much?" He then joked - the initial awkwardness now completely gone.

"Why not? You sacrificed your healthy and untouchable scalp for that," she laughed out, "and by the way, I think it's actually fine if the color looks like red - red suits you too."

Kook immediately bit his lip to hide his smile, "you think so?"

"Yeah.. you'll look like a cherry - cherry Jungoo."

"Ahh.. so the teasing starts now.." he nodded cockily.

"What? I'm actually complimenting you! Cherries are cute - they're these cute-little-round-red-sweet things.. you know.."

His eyebrow raised, "so I'm a cute-little-round-red-sweet thing?"

"Aren't you?" she asked in genuine curiosity - aka his undoing. His smile is big enough to outshine Hobi (but of course I'm just exaggerating, I wish you know what I mean - no one outshines the sun himself).

"I'm little to you? And round?" He incredulously asked.

"But you're cute," she laughed, pinching both his cheeks, "and.. sweet," she tilted her head to the side and smiled. "Seriously Jungkook-ah, thank you for becoming my friend and for being here, though we just got to know each other recently, I'm already really grateful. I hope nothing changes between us."

Jungkook smiled back, not saying anything in return - maybe.

i love cherries, do you? ;)
🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒

btw, i haven't thank you all for making star-crossed reach 10k+ reads! yall made this possible guys, i just.. love you ugh. why are you all so amazing? stay wonderful okay? xx