[KOOK] The Date Pt. 2

🐰
CHAPTER 27
🌟 JULY 13, 2018 🌟

Jungkook discreetly glanced at the center platform of the theater where the planetarium's staff were silently setting a table for two, just as planned. He then looked back at Lisa and found her solely focusing on the show which made him sigh in relief.

Though his eyes were unable to wander away from her anymore. He watched how fascinated she is, absentmindedly whispering 'wow's' and 'whoa's' here and there. He can see the stars inside her eyes and was awed even more because of them.

He almost laughed at himself, you're whipped Jeon Jungkook. Your hyungs and friends were right, you are wrapped around the girl's finger.

Right from the start being her 'fan' was just your decoy. You saw how your friends act around the girls they like and you don't want to be like them, yet here you are.

This is what you get for teasing them about it back then.

The show had taken around half an hour long and once it ended, they were surrounded by darkness for the first few seconds - making Lisa clutch his hand.

"Kook-ah?" She mumbled in a shaky voice. He squeezed her hand, assuring her that everything's gonna be fine, until the stars were projected back again. This time, not only on the center screen on the ceiling, but the whole room.

Lisa involuntarily stood up, removing her glasses and glancing around, before her attention was caught by the table in the middle. "You.." she drawled, unable to find the right words to say.

"I originally planned having dinner with you surrounded by real stars but we have other plans tonight with our friends, so I thought of this. We can just do that some other time," he explained as he stood up and removed his glasses too.

Lisa gazed up to him, and he wondered what was inside the girl's mind - he always does. Sometimes she's an open book, sometimes she's not. There were times she chose to be this way for other people not to worry, and he doesn't want her to be that way with him.

He always wanted to know her true feelings.

All of a sudden, he found himself surrounded by her arms, and without thinking twice he hugged her back. She's happy Kook, she's grateful and she can't find the right words to say.

That's enough, for today, that's enough.

🌟🌟🌟

"I never asked, why do you love stars?" Jungkook uttered as they started eating their meal.

Lisa hummed at first, contemplating. "It was my stepfather who introduced them to me. He had a hard time getting close to me and bonding with me when I was a child," she chuckled and she began reminiscing.

"Then one night, I woke up at midnight because of a nightmare and I was crying. My dad came to my room, brought me out to our veranda and we started stargazing. Every night, it became our ritual, and he'll tell me stories about the parallels in each stars."

"The parallels?" Kook asked.

She looked straight to his eyes and tilted her head, "these stars, they are parallel universes of what could've possibly been."

She then pointed at one to her right, "in that star, we never debuted as idols and we're probably in college right now," then another, "in that, you're the only one who debuted while I stayed in Thailand being an ordinary girl," and then another; "in that, I'm the only one who debuted while you stay here in Busan with your family."

"I bet we will end up meeting in every star," Jungkook added, earning a curious frown from the girl.

"How can you say that?" She asked.

He shrugged and cheekily grinned, "cause we're meant to be."

Liz burst into fits of laughter, "stop! That's so cheesy!" She cringed and looked back up at him, "what if in one of the stars you're a 30-year-old and I just got born, what about that?" She challenged.

JK frowned and thought about it for a second, "then I must be friends with your parents. I later become your godfather and I will love you with a different kind of love - the one for family."

She smiled and nodded, "I think that's acceptable."

"As long as I end up loving you in any way possible, every star is worth existing," he just nonchalantly muttered before focusing back on eating.

But to Lisa, the weight of his words were different. She froze on her seat and stared at him, eyes filled with so much appreciation. No, not only that.

With love. She loves this guy.

"Kook-ah," she called out.

Jungkook looked up, "hmm?"

She paused, "can we dance?"

He frowned, "dance?"

She nodded as she stood up. I wanna do something I love, with someone I love, with the things I love surrounding us.

He stood up too, wiping the corners of his lips with the table napkin. "Okay, I think we can.." he was still confused but nonetheless reached for Lisa's hand and cinched his left arm on her waist. Her wish is my command.

She then stepped towards him, putting her right hand on his shoulder, as they began to sway. Jungkook started to hum a familiar tune causing her to close her eyes and lean her head against his chest.

"Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow," he eventually sang. "Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand.."

She realized she knew the song and continued; "I'd be damned Cupid's demanding back his arrow." She looked up to him as her long-suppressed tears finally escaped from her eyes.

"So let's get drunk on our tears.." Kook sang, reaching up and gently wiping away her tears with his thumb. "Lisa-yah," he whispered comfortingly.

He smiled and leaned his forehead against hers, "I thought I saw you in here crying.." He skipped the song and changed it a bit, earning chuckles from Lisa.

"I thought I heard you call my name," she sang back, laughingly.

He grinned, "I thought I heard you in here crying. Oh, just the same.." He then stopped and gazed at her, "I love you."

Lisa smiled back and hugged him instead, I'm sorry.

"It's okay, I'll wait," Jungkook whispered.

And again, she cried. Not for herself, but for him.

Are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

Oh Kook :(