[LISA] The Trip Pt. 5

🦊
CHAPTER 25
🌟 JULY 13, 2018 🌟

Liz and JK found themselves seated on the living room couch with their legs crossed, facing each other and heartily eating their ramyeon at two in the morning.

"I'm sorry." Lisa instantly looked up hearing Kook say those words. She found him already gazing back at her with apologetic eyes.

She frowned, "for what?"

He put his empty bowl down the center table beside them - he ate it for like five minutes tops, how the hell?

"I told you I'd make you fall in love with me and convince you that I can be trusted, but up until now I haven't done anything. I'm sorry," he looked down his hands as his shoulders slumped.

Liz smiled, feeling overwhelmed of his unexpected apology. He had nothing to apologize, actually. "Hey, we're both idols. Don't you think I would've understood your situation more? Don't worry about it Kook-ah. Time is not on our side for now, but we'll have more someday."

Jungkook returned his eyes back to hers and smiled. "I don't get you sometimes," he commented, earning a questionable hum from the girl. "At times you sound innocent and naïve but other times - like now - you sound so mature."

She playfully scoffed, "you're the one to talk, you are like that too you know?"

He just shrugged in response, reaching out for the choco milk on the center table and punching the straw into it for Liz, then he did it with his banana milk too. They playfully bumped their drinks against each other, laughingly mumbling a silent 'cheers.'

"Maybe," Lisa started after taking a sip, "maybe because I'm used to being like that cause I have to be. Coming to Korea alone at a young age, I'm expected to grow up earlier than other kids. But then I met my Unnies, being the maknae, they naturally treated me like their baby so.. I became like this."

Jungkook absentmindedly leaned against the couch's backrest, still facing her and just watching her speak. Without Lisa knowing, she did the same too - their faces only a foot apart.

He smiled, reaching for her hand and as expected, she started playing with his fingers in a heartbeat. "I know what you mean," he uttered slightly nodding, "in front of my Hyungs, I need to act like their precious maknae - the one they took care of while growing up - so they won't worry. But there are times that I had to make decisions on my own and be mature."

"Yeah," she whispered, eventually laying her head down the backrest sideways.

"How hard was it?"

"Hmm?"

"Coming here alone," JK clarified.

"It's weird actually," she chuckled quietly, "when I think about it now, I'd thought - it was fine, it wasn't that hard at all. But when I told people about it, they'd start asking - 'how did you do it?' or 'how did you survive at such a young age?' Then I would remember how pitiful I must be that time.. how lost I was, how much I must've missed my mom and dad."

She was startled when Kook suddenly extended his arm towards her. That moment, she realized she was actually crying as he wiped her tear-streaked cheeks with his fingers.

"You've been very brave Lisa-yah, I'm proud of you," he said, sincerity shining in his eyes.

"Thank you," she muttered, "for everything."

"You really need to stop thanking me," he laughed out. "Stop feeling like you don't deserve this Lali," he added staring straight through her eyes. She was surprised for a moment, not expecting that he actually knew. "I know you kept thanking me cause you still can't believe someone would act like this towards you."

"I just.." she drawled, trying to find the right words to say but coming up with nothing.

"I'm seriously head over heels for you, don't you still get it?"

She nearly gasped, not expecting such random confession. Yeah, same girl. Her eyes hurriedly wandered around in panic, unable to look back at him again. "You've changed," she just said, earning fits of laughter from the guy.

"Yah, don't change the topic," he suddenly slid closer to her which made her quickly face him once again;

"Why- what are you doing?!" She exclaimed.

Jungkook chuckled, "I wanna see the imperfections you don't have, up close."

Her cheeks heated up in response as she hurriedly covered them with her hands. "Stop joking around, Jeon." Thank God she didn't stutter this time.

"Do you think you'll like me back anytime soon?" He asked, tilting his head.

Lisa frowned, how can all the words coming out of this guy's mouth sound so.. sweet? She's getting exhausted! Her heart is beating like she just ran a marathon. Dammit Jeon Jungkook!

"Shut up," her voice deepened this time when she tried acting - and sounding - nonchalant, but of course Kook wasn't having any of it.

"I think you already like me though? Please like me too, Lali."

She bit her lip, stopping herself from pinching the guy's cheeks - he's so.. argh! "What happened with convincing me first?"

Jungkook groaned, "I just wanna know if we're at least more than friends now.. we are right? You won't be friend-zoning me again?"

"Paboyaaa.." she drawled, shaking her head. "You're the first guy I did that much skinship with in my entire life - except my male relatives and Bambam who I also consider as family. Do you think you're still on the friendzone?"

This time, a grin stretched out on Kook's face before he suddenly opened his arms wide, "hug me then."

Liz chuckled before pushing herself up on her knees and circling her arms around Jungkook. But the boy had another idea when he suddenly laid down the couch - pulling Lisa with him.

"Kook-ah! What the--"

"Shh.. I'm so happy I wanna cuddle," he whispered with his eyes closed and mouth pulled up in a bunny smile, as he tightened his hold around Liz.

"Our Hyungs and Unnies are gonna kill us!" she whisper-shouted in reply.

Kook opened one of his eyes and looked up to her, "it's not like we're doing.. you know."

The moment she understood what he's saying, she slapped his arm repeatedly - eyes wide and face flushed. "Shut up already!"

"Wae? Am I wrong?" The boy laughingly uttered, "let's just go back to sleep ne?"

"But--"

"I don't wanna waste my time with you. I don't know when will this happen again."

His words shut her up, and after a few seconds made her sigh in defeat and finally relax in his hold. "Fine," she muttered. She then felt him carefully push her head against his chest and leave his usual soft kiss on top of her head;

That she already had gotten used to.

"Good mornight my Lali," he whispered.

"Night night Jungoo," she breathed out, falling asleep faster than usual.

"Let's be together for a long time."

the bunny scored again i've been spoiling this idiot for real -_-