[KOOK] The Hunch

🐰
CHAPTER 29
🌟 JULY 14, 2018 ㅡ 5PM 🌟

Jungkook had been staring at his computer screen for hours now with his mind in a complete mess. He can't fathom why and how Yang Hyun Suk decided to just suddenly end everything. They had an agreement. He remembers it all - the CEO will let him and Lisa develop their relationship and reveal hints to the public little by little to see their reaction, until they finally confirm it.

It was his way of changing K-nets' mindset about idol relationships, he said. It would help the authorities find out the sasaeng's identity, he said. So what's happening now? What's this?

He absentmindedly stood up and with dead eyes, walked out of his room to the living room where his RM-hyung, Jin-hyung and Tae-hyung are lounging.

"There's food in the kitchen if you're hungry," Jin said once he glanced at him.

"I don't need food," he sighed out before taking a seat beside Tae.

"If you're still whining about Lisa not texting you, will you cut the girl some slack? She must have no clue her phone's going to be confiscated earlier," Namjoon said, patting his shoulder.

"It's not that... can't we really talk to PD-nim? I need to talk to him about this Hyung."

"You heard what Sejin-hyung said Kook-ah, PD-nim is having a conference right now. Tomorrow we will, okay?" Joon smiled reassuringly.

"But--"

"Something seems strange right?" Taehyung abruptly cut him off.

Kook immediately faced him, "please tell me you feel it too Hyung!"

"Yeah, there's something YG isn't telling us," the older guy uttered, looking straight through his eyes. "Maybe we could just go to him directly instead?"

"Right!" Jungkook instantly agreed before looking at Namjoon with hopeful eyes.

"Fine," the leader sighed, "I'll call Sejin-hyung."

👦🏻

All seven of them decided to go accompanied by their manager, Sejin. On their way, Jimin noticed how uneasy Taehyung seems. He knew him well - better than the others - he knew when there's something wrong.

"Spill it," Chim suddenly said, breaking the silence that fills the van. He also caught the attention of the others.

"Who are you talking to?" Taehyung asked.

"You. Who else is hiding something in here besides you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tae immediately denied with wandering eyes.

Jungkook - who's sitting on the other side of Jimin - frowned, "hyung?"

"I know nothing about it!"

"About what?" Yoongi smirked, "what are we talking about Tae?"

"Why are you cornering me?"

"Don't change the topic, you're not a good liar Taehyung-ah," Yoongi added.

Taehyung sighed in defeat before looking at his members and at their manager who's sitting on the passenger's side, listening as well. "Lisa knew," he mumbled, but it's enough for everyone to hear.

"What?" Hoseok asked in disbelief.

"Lisa knew about the sasaeng and she had her own plans with YG, and I think... I think it's a dangerous one. I think she's gonna meet up with the sasaeng."