[KOOK] The Visit Pt. 2

🐰
CHAPTER 17
🌟 JULY 03, 2018 🌟

"By the way Kook-ah, you've been silent since earlier. Is there a problem?" She asked, changing the topic. Jungkook gingerly crawled beside her and leaned his back against the bed's headboard. She then followed suit, browsing through one of his camera's saved photos.

Kook paused for a moment, just staring at the side of her head. "Did you bring that note you were talking about Lali?" The question made her turn to him, realization evident on her face.

That's what has been bothering him all this time.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot about it," she commented, reaching down her back pocket and getting the said post-it note out.

He got the piece of paper from her and inspected it. It was just the usual square yellow kind of sticky note, with the words 'be careful' scribbled in black ink. "This looks like a female's penmanship," he observed.

Lisa put the camera down his bedside table and peeked at the note. "I didn't notice that," she frowned. "Yeah, looks like it. I should ask my unnies then," she mumbled, involuntarily yawning.

"Sleepy?" Kook asked with a smile. Liz looked up and nodded with a cute pout. "Lay down and take a nap, I'll just wake you up when it's time to leave. Tired from rehearsals?"

"Flying back and forth from Korea to Japan is really tiring," she sighed before sliding down to lay her head on one of his pillows.

"Take some rest," he whispered before slowly leaning down but abruptly stopped, "is it fine if I..?" He drawled.

"Ne," she whispered. Once she felt his warm lips against her forehead, her eyes automatically closed as the exhaustion for the past few days consumed her.

Jungkook sat up again and gazed at the girl, smiling when he realized that she's already asleep. He then reached for his Cooky pillow and put it beside her before carefully getting out of the bed.

He looked at the note once again and decided to ask the girls himself. He quietly stepped out of his room and went back to the living room, just to stop on his tracks.

"You sure they're in Jungkook's room?" he heard Namjoon say with a worried tone.

"Yeah hyung, I made sure," Tae answered, causing a frown on Kook's face. He soundlessly leaned against the wall to prevent them from seeing him.

Why do they have to make sure we're not there with them? What are they hiding?

"I say we should tell them, this time is perfect - we all are here," Rosé suggested.

"Has your sajangnim asked about it?" Yoongi asked.

"When I told him about the plans today," Jisoo started, "he asked for updates and I told him about the two meeting up the other day. He said the sasaeng must have known about their relationship now because of that."

Jungkook's eyes widened, looking down his hand which was tightly clutching the note. Sasaeng? What the hell?

"They're going to increase Lisa's security because anytime now, the attacker could make a move," Jennie added.

He felt his chest constrict because of the older girl's words. His head filled up with ugly scenarios that he never want to happen in real life.

"I met up with BangPD-nim the other day too and he told me Dispatch backed out because of the recent issues between them and YG," Seokjin informed. Just how big this so-called plan is? "The authorities made sure that they signed a Non-disclosure Agreement."

Authorities?

"I'm scared for the two, let's just tell them," Chaeyoung almost begged.

"I'm more scared about Jungkook finding out.." Hoseok drawled. "The fact that we all planned for him and Lisa to get close, we even involved his friends just to catch that sasaeng."

Hearing all these, Jungkook absentmindedly raked his hand through his hair in disbelief. What? What the hell are they talking about?

That moment everything that happened the past few weeks entered his mind. How supportive his Hyungs are about him and Liz, how casual their members already are with each other, how easy it was to go out and meet up with his friends and Lisa, how Bambam religiously helped him through all these.. it was all part of a plan. A plan they all orchestrated.

"But it's not like all that's happening is fake right?" Jimin uttered, "Jungkook's feelings for Lisa is real, he told me and I've seen it with my own eyes. The only problems we got are risking their safety - which our sajangnims will take care of - and telling them that the reason they became friends is actually because of us."

"How about Lisa?" Jisoo said questioningly. "Her feelings for Jungkook is not as solid as the boy's yet. She's still learning to love him, she's still confused even. We got no hold in her, if she finds out that we're putting both their safety at risk - especially Jungkook's - I bet she'll choose to stop everything for his sake. She'll refuse to see Jungkook ever again."

No. That's not going to happen.

"Then we won't tell her," Kook uttered with finality before stepping inside the living room. Everyone turned to him with shocked expressions.

"Kook--"

"I've heard enough Hyung," he interrupted, looking straight through Namjoon's eyes. "I can't risk Lisa's safety but I can't stop what I've started too. I finally have a chance to be with her, I can't let that go. Call me selfish, I don't fucking care. I'll protect her instead," he looked at Lisa's Unnies, "please let me."

Jisoo smiled, stood up and walked towards him, engulfing him in a grateful hug. "We trust you maknae," she uttered, stepping back. "You already got our permission right from the start."

"Thank you noona," he smiled.

Jen stood up too, "believe us when we say that even though all these didn't happen - even without the plan or this undercover mission of ours - we'll still going to choose you for our Lisa."

Kook unbelievably looked at Jennie, sighing in both relief and astonishment. "Noona, that's the nicest thing you ever told me," he breathed out.

"Shut up Jeon, or I'll take it back," Jen quipped, rolling her eyes.

"Ahh.. I raised you well!" Jin exclaimed as he run towards their youngest and hugged him tight. "What did I tell you guys? It's in our blood!"

"Yah hyung!!" Jungkook complained, slapping his Hyung's back causing Jin to hiss in pain and kick his butt.

"You disrespectful child!" The eldest reprimanded.

"Kook-ah, we're sorry we didn't tell you.. but I told them we should!" Taehyung convinced with his oh-so-innocent eyes before clinging on Kook's back. "It's Jiminie! He insisted we shouldn't tell you immediately."

"Yah!" Jimin protested and the two ended up chasing each other and Jimin choking Taehyung - lovingly.. if that's even possible.

Hoseok held his shoulder all of a sudden, his usual bright smile on his face. "You've really grown maknae. Ahh.. I remember those times you were so clueless about the world," he dramatically looked up, "you were so nervous around girls. I even remember this one time you--"

"Hyung stop," Jungkook sighed out in exasperation.

"Nevermind," Hobi uttered in English, shaking his head and facing Kook again. "I'm rooting for you! Jungkook, fighting!" He then yelled out making the maknae step back in surprise. This Hyung, seriously.

JK then looked expectantly at Yoongi who's the only one left sitting on the couch. He found him already looking at him with a smile on his face. Then the older guy nodded, and even unspoken, he still knew what he wanted to say;

You're doing great Jungkook. Keep it up.

smile :)