[LISA] The Confrontation

🦊
CHAPTER 31
🌟 JULY 14, 2018 ㅡ 5:30PM 🌟

She held the door knob and took a deep breath. You'll be fine Lisa. The people on your side are around, they won't let you get hurt. Do this for your friends. Do this because you don't want to lie to your mom and dad anymore. Do this so you could go back to how it used to be.

She then pushed the door open and stepped out of the roof deck. She looked around and after a few seconds, stood frozen on her place. She could see the figure standing on the far-right corner of the place, a bit blurry because of the distance.

Her feet moved on their own, she started nearing the person as her courage gradually build up. But the moment the sight of her cleared, she froze once again.

She's not a she.

Her hand immediately went inside her pocket, as she pressed the lock button, swiped on the screen and tapped anywhere - she registered Teddy's contact on all numbers of her speed dial. Now she just wished it worked.

"Who are you?" She uttered once they're only a meter apart.

The guy turned around as she absentmindedly observed him. He's ordinary looking, just like every Korean males out there but his complexion is darker, and he's wearing eyeglasses.

"You don't have to know my name." His voice was a bit deep but as she watched him, she saw his hand tremble a bit, making her suspicious.

"You're the sasaeng?" She asked, not hiding her disbelief.

"And what's wrong with that?"

Her brows raised, is he gay? But the penmanship on the notes and the way the sasaeng replies to her - it's obviously a female's doing. And based on his stance, he doesn't look like he's vying for the other team.

The guy was casually leaning on the railings, his right hand - the one which trembled earlier - now in his pocket, while the left was behind him. This made her take a step back, is he hiding something?

"I'm gonna ask you again, who are you?" She uttered with a hard voice, looking straight through his eyes.

His face continued to be emotionless at first, before it gradually turned troubled. "Please, don't let them take me," he suddenly plead, shocking her.

"What?"

The guy stepped forward, making her step back - which caused him to stop. "I am not the sasaeng! I'm the one who helped her, I'm the hacker. But I don't want to do this, she blackmailed me. She got records of me cheating on my exams and paying my professors to get good grades. But I need to do it cause my parents will kill me if I fail!"

"Then where is she?"

"You won't let them catch me right? Right noona?" Now that he called her that way, she finally saw how young he looked despite his tall height.

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Sixteen?" She unbelievingly said, "okay I won't let them do anything to you, but please help me. Who is she? Why does she do this?"

"I can't tell you her name but all I know was; she studied at SOPA and was schoolmates with lots of idols. She fell in love with one and when the guy became a trainee, she followed him and auditioned in the same agency. She got accepted, became friends with the guy and was one of the trainees who are chosen to debut. But the CEO found out her reason in auditioning was the guy and not for her passion in music so she got kicked out. The news spread out of her being obsessed with the guy and reached other agencies so no one accepted her."

"And that's the reason she became like this," she concluded.

"She doesn't want idols dating because she resented idols in general and them being in love and happy makes her hate them more."

"That's so unreasonable," she mumbled before looking up to him again. "Okay, let's go down now. Trust me, I won't let them harm you okay? My Teddy-oppa is waiting outside for me and he won't let the authorities do something without my signal."

Worry was evident on his face at first before he eventually nodded. Lisa nodded back at him and turned around to start walking towards the door... when sounds of footsteps resounded from afar.

No!

She was just about to turn back to him to explain when a strong force pulled her arm backwards, easily twisting her and forcefully pushing her back against the railings. She hissed, the pain on her lower back making her eyes tear up a little.

"You told me they won't take me!" The boy screamed as his right hand painfully holds her neck, the other pointing a dagger on her waist.

"They won't!" She choked out.

"LISA!" Her eyes widened as tears finally fall down her cheeks. "You bastard!" Jungkook seethed and when he was about to walk towards the two, an officer immediately stopped him.

"Sir, let us handle this," the officer told Kook before averting his eyes to them with raised hands, "sir, we won't hurt you. Please let go of Miss Lisa, we're not here to take you to jail but ask for your help to identify the sasaeng."

"LIAR! YOU ALL ARE LYING!" The boy angrily shouted.

Lisa's breathing started becoming labored as his hold on her neck tightened, "believe them," she whispered in difficulty. "They won't harm you," she tried once again, catching the attention of the kid.

"Please," an agonizing voice filled the cold air, with clenched fists Jungkook repeated; "please let go of her."

Her vision started to blur as she looked beyond the boy's shoulder to finally gaze at him. He was just wearing a hoodie, isn't he cold? She can also see how messy his hair was, he's not wearing his usual bucket hat. She can't see his eyes but she can imagine how clear they are. She was about to close hers when the boy's hold finally loosened.

She thought she could breathe a sigh of relief at last but in a blink of an eye, she was pushed back.