Chapter 7

You don't need a crown to know you are the queen.

Eva definitely liked Beta Charles. He told her to call him Charlie, so she did. 

As they walked down to the pack's meeting room, Eva wondered how Chris would solve this problem. Eva also wondered why the person stole a small shovel. 

"I solve these problems a little differently then other Alphas do. I'll explain why we do that after," Chris told her. 

Eva was now even more curious. 

The meeting room was set up as if Chris was the King, Eva the Queen, and Charlie a prince. There were three seats exactly in front of two other chairs. Eva's chair lined up with one and Charlie's chair lined up with the other. The two sets of chairs were around 10 feet apart from each other. 

A few minutes after Chris, Eva, and Charlie entered the room, two more people entered the room. They were both male. 

"Accuser, what is the problem?" Charlie asks.

"He stole my son's shovel," the male on the right answers.

"Defender, what is the problem?" Charlie now asks the other male.

"I stole his son's shovel," the other male asks. 

"Accuser, why did he steal the shovel?" Charlie asks. 

"To give to his son that couldn't afford one."

"Defender, why did you steal the shovel?" Charlie asks.

"To give to my son who couldn't afford one." 

"Alpha Christian, how should this problem be solved?" Chris asks. 

"The defender shall keep the shovel. Case closed." 

Eva looks at Chris in shock. 

"You let him get away with the crime!" she exclaims.

"The accuser is the pack's treasurer. He should have given the defender the money he needed to get a shovel but he didn't," Chris explains.  

"That makes sense, I guess," Eva says, with a confused look on her face. 

"Most people only look at the fact he stole something. You have the wield the sword fairly if you are going to be a judge." 

"That was very short," Eva observed. 

"I just need to know the facts, not their emotions." 

"You'd make a good king," she says.

"No, everyone would up rise since I am too fair," he says, laughing. 

Eva joins in. Chris pulls her in and places a kiss on the top of her head. 

"Please don't ever leave me," Chris whispers into her hair. 

She moves her head up and pulls him in for a kiss. 

Eva is thankful for Amelia- if she didn't mess up her life, she wouldn't be with Chris.