Ten

Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't get you anywhere. You may feel good for a minute, but that feeling quickly fades away when you realized the real terror you have caused for trying to be "nice." For all you know, the people you were being nice to have malicious intentions and you had helped them get closer to achieving their wicked goals. Sometimes the people who have malicious plans just think they are doing the world a favor, not realizing how in depth their plans coordinate with evil. Just maybe, they may just be good people, but have twisted minds. This world is a scary place, you never know what will turn into your path.

But even that doesn't explain how I feel about Kayden. I have saved him from the torture from my brother and the guards, but at what cost? He may be my mate (and very sexy), but he still had attempted to take my life, and not even in a creative way. Maybe I would understand if he explained why, but than again, maybe not.

"Why'd you try to kill me?"

Being blunt around an almost-murderer isn't exactly a smart idea, but it is an idea that popped into my once intelligent mind.

"Hmm." Kaiden slowly walks forward, each step becoming slower and slower, until suddenly, he stops, with me pinned up against the wall and him right in front of me. Subconsciously, I feel my body react, and in more ways than one. His scent invades my enhanced senses, slowly forcing me into an overdrive of ecstasy. And only from his scent. 

Just as slowly as he had walked over to me, he drags his left hand against my arm, his touch causing mountain-shaped goosebumps to appear all over my once smooth skin.

But just as quickly, he pulls away, but that didn't take away the lingering feelings he had just caused a moment before. His scent still drove me into overdrive, and his lingering touch still caused the goosebumps to stay, quite possibly deciding that my arm is their new home.

"That is for me to know, and for you to never find out," he whispers huskily, his voice causing everything to burst out in both contentment, and also excitement.

"But what if I want to know?" I bravely spoke out, ignoring the lust-caused symptoms that still are effecting my once normal body.

"You don't."