Chapter 10

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

"He what?" Eva yells . 

"Yup. He used the Alpha command to force Jack to do the Beta ceremony." 

Eva hears yelling from the other side of the phone. 

"HAYLEY?" she yells, having a weird feeling that she isn't on the phone anymore.

 "I'm not Hayley," a new voice says.

"Who are you?" she asks, afraid for the answer.

"You don't recognize your mate's voice? How sad," the voice says.

"I am not your mate," Eva says, trying to keep calm. 

"I command you to come back here," Zane says.

Eva slowly laughs.

"Nope," she says, popping the 'p'.

"You can't disobey your Alpha's orders," he says.

"You made me a rogue. You are not my Alpha," Eva says, confidently. 

"You will come back. I am your mate!" Zane says, getting angry. 

Eva puts Zane on speakerphone, so Chris knows what is going on. 

"Hello Alpha Zane," Chris says. "Please do not call my mate yours, you had your chance with this amazing girl but you lost it." 

Eva pecks Chris on his cheek. 

"Who are you to call my mate yours?" Zane yells, angrily.

"Alpha Christian," Chris responds. 

"Alpha Christian, she ran away from me and she is supposed to be my Luna," he responds, attempting to lie.

Chris rolls his eyes, and laughs. 

"I guess you haven't heard of second chance mates, then," Chris says.

"Those are fake," Zane says, laughing. 

"Funny, because they are real," Chris says. "Eva is my second chance mate."

"Stop lying to me. You know she is my mate." 

"She isn't your mate!" Chris growls. "If you payed attention in Alpha training, you would know that people who have very high ranks get second chance mates if they were rejected or their mate died. The only way you would get Eva back is if you start a war."

"I, Alpha Zane of the Grand Lake Pack, declare war on the Silver Moon Pack." 

Chris laughs slowly.

"I have twice as many warriors then you, and my pack actually likes me. Do you actually think you can win?" 

"Anything is possible," Zane says. 

Chris hangs up the call. 

"What are we going to do?" Eva asks. 

"I'm going to have my warriors attack his pack. I'll give them orders to only attack anyone who attacks them." 

"My brother is going to be forced to fight!" Eva exclaims.

"I'll have my warriors capture him and his mate and bring them here safely," Chris says. "I don't want people to get hurt because of their foolish Alpha. Just stay near me, so I can keep you safe." 

"I can keep myself safe!" Eva says, crossing her arms.

"I have no doubt about that. I don't want to take any risks," he explains. "Let's go to sleep now. Tomorrow I'm introducing you to everyone." 

Chris picks her up and pulls her over his shoulder.

"Not this again!" Eva yells, like a child. 

"Sorry, sweetheart," Chris says and grins. 

That night, they slept contently- both of them happy that they met each other.