Eighteen

"Follow me," she says, walking through the tall and colorful trees. I stand there for a minute, unsure of what to do. For starters, I have no clue who she is. She could be out to kill me. Or maybe not. But if I don't follow, there may be worse things coming my way. I know absolutely nothing about these woods. Zilch.

Hesitantly, I follow her. She had managed to get a few feet away in the one minutes I stole standing there. She sure does walk fast. I mean, she's like twice my height so that will definitely give her some long strides.

"Where are we going?" I ask, hoping she will respond. Annoyingly, she huffs out some extra air. Good, her brain has too much of it anyways. That fricken airhead. I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions about her so quickly, but something about her just feels off, and I'm a very foward person. I call the shots like they are.

"Hello.." I yell, my voice echoing off of the dense trees surrounding this small, pebbly trail we are now walking on. "Are you deaf?"

I mean, that would explain a lot.

She turns around, and her scary red eyes glare at me. "Just shut up already, will ya? You're so annoying." Thankfully, she turns back around so I don't have to deal with the pressure of having a beautiful girl call me ugly in her head. I mean, it's probably true.

I'm not very pretty, but she is like a super model. With her beautiful, luscious, tan skin and shiny, dark brown, almost black hair, I assume she's very popular with the other gender.

"Just shut up already, will ya? You're so annoying," I repeat, mocking her voice and tone. She turns back around to glare at me some more, so obviously I stuck my tongue out. "You be rude to me, I'll annoy the hell out of you."

"Well, I don't have to deal with children much," she says, walking ahead.

"That's quite rude," I reply. "Do you even know who I am?"

She rolls her eyes. "Why would it matter? It's not like you are the queen or anything."

Obviously, I smirk. "I mean. I'm related to the queen, so does that help?"

"Oh shit," she murmurs to herself. She suddenly stops, and bunches her huge hands up into fists. "You're the reason my boyfriend got put in jail."

"What the hell?" I reply. Who the hell is her boyfriend? Well more like, why would anyone want to be her boyfriend. She's just so annoying.

"No wonder you're so stuck up, you're a spoiled bitch. I guess you get everything you want, and you get to ruin everyone's lives!"

"Explain."

"You know exactly what you did," she replies, confusing the living daylights out of me. Obviously if I'm asking I don't know what I have done. I've never even met her before!

"Kaiden is gone because of you, and you can't change that."

After leaving me with that startling information, she starts running. Was she talking about my Kaiden? Honey, he's mine. Sorry.

Oh no, I'm already getting possessive over him. This stupid mate bond is driving me crazy. It's even making me miss him. I've only met him once!

Anyways, if she wants my mate, she's going to have to fight for him. He's mine.

As I look around, I realize how she is long gone. Oh well, I don't exactly need her, that mate-stealing salope. I quickly shift back into my wolf, tearing apart the clothing she had previously given me. I kind off feel bad for ripping her clothes, but she was so, extremely rude and she took my mate!

My wolf sprints ahead on the trail, desperate to get us to some safety, and now even to find Kaiden. Now there's a threat. I guess there always was one though. I'm not very pretty or smart. I've literally been stuck in a castle for almost all my life. Oh my god- it's Rapunzel! Kaiden is just like Flynn- they are both criminals, except we don't know if Kaiden has a sweet side yet. I hope so.

If I'm being honest though, I guess I should have figured this out earlier. I'm not good enough for him. He would much rather have that girl than me. She's so much prettier than me, and she knows what life is actually like. All I am is some girl who was spoiled all her life. That doesn't make a very good mate.

Anyways, back to getting out of this too- green, depressing forest. There has to be something ahead- for f's sake there is a trail heading to it! That would be a waste of time to build a nice trail for somewhere that has no destination. You know, maybe Kaiden would know the way. His stupid girlfriend lives here so there's no reason he would live near her.

What if they live together? What if they've done the thing? He probably loves her so much. That's most likely why he ran out of the jail so fast- he wanted to get to her. I bet I'm just someone in the way of their happiness.

I guess I'll just have to accept it though. Making him unhappy would ruin me, and make me feel guilty forever. I can't be selfish like that.

Speaking of selfish, it be selfish of me to permanently run from the castle. The kingdom would go to shackles. The king and queen are in no position to run the throne any longer, and I can't let JJ and Hera get the throne. Hera is just a power hungry girl, and JJ listens to whatever our parents say. I can't let our kingdom drown farther into the flames.

Even though I don't want the crown, I'll have to claim it.

And to do that, I will need some back up- powerful allies who can help me take out the evil running this once beautiful kingdom.

It all rests on my shoulders now, and not going to lie, it's kind of heavy.