Seven

Soon enough, we reach the prison. Reese pulls out the key from one of his pockets, and inserts it in the lock. During the night, the guards lock the prison's main entrance, and have a spare one just in case something goes wrong.

"There should be around 15 guards in there. We don't have to hide from them, but we have to be careful what we say, just in case the King has said something," Reese whispers, quickly informing me. I nod my head, and we head into the prison.

"Excuse me, Sir," Reese motions to a guy who looks like he is in his early 30s. He heads over here, and I continue.

"Can you please show us to Mr. Kayden Reed?" I ask.

"Your highness, I have to warn you, it's not very pretty in there."

"That's fine, just please bring us." He turns around, and leads us to Kayden's cell. When we come across a set of stairs, I glance at Reese.

As we walk down the stairs, we hear a bunch of yelling.

"Tell us why you tried to kill the princess!" a loud voice yells, booming up the stairs. The guard seems unfazed, as if it happens a lot.

"Wait," I whisper, causing both Reese and the guard to stop.

"You must really like the whip!" The voice says, as if he has done this a lot. That's.. that's Jayson!

I take a few more steps, and come to the last stair. Once again, I stop as the most lavishing scent invades my senses. My mate is down there.

I quickly run into the room, and see the most disturbing sight ever. Tied to a silver chair, is a beautiful guy- my mate. Standing above him, is Jayson, holding a silver whip, with guards surrounding the guy. The guy's shirt is off, and whip marks are present all over his toned body.

"What the hell?!"