Chapter 23

Amelia's POV- Pic of her above

Zane has left me here, by myself. I pray that he never makes it to Eva. Eva doesn't deserve to be brought down by him, a cold-hearted back stabber.

Since I've been abandoned here, I though I would spend some time annoying the sexy looking guard.

"Helloooooooo scary looking guard," I say.

"Shut up or I'll hit you."

"I love how you act like I care. Anyways, I know my best friend won't hurt me!"

Every time I talk to him, I talk in this annoying childish voice that hopefully annoys him to death so I can escape. It's a fool-proof plan! Not.

"Come here," he whispers to me.

"Unless you will let me escape, then I will not come near your huge hand."

I'm going to end up dead after this. Oh well.

"So come here."

Is he actually going to let me out? HALLELUJAH!

I walk over to Mr. Guard aka Richard.

"Mr. Guard or Richie, whatever you would rather go by, you know you can get in trouble for this, right?"

I hope he knows what he is getting into.

"Of course, my Amelia." He smirks.

HIS? Um what??

"Yours?"

"You were my predestined mate before Zane marked you. I found out the day of, but you didn't seem to notice. If I mark you, Zane's mark will go away and you will feel everything you would have felt if you didn't have Zane's mark."

Wow. I am completely shocked.

"I'm.. I'm so sorry Richie.." I guess I started to cry because Richie carefully wipes away my tears with his thumb.

"Don't be sorry, you didn't know. I didn't even know until he actually marked you."

At this point, I have no clue what to say. I for sure ruined his last week.

"Please, give me another chance.. I beg you.."

After finding out the cold, hard truth, I don't want to go back to the pretending. Pretending that everything was perfect. I want a non-perfect life with my beautiful mate.

"I will give you as many chances as I possibly can," he replies honestly. "Let's get out of here and go to your cousin, Mark's house. He's expecting us."

He unlocks the door of the cell and I happily run into his strong, comforting arms.

It won't be easy, but I finally have a chance at getting my happy ever after- with my soulmate, Richard.

A week later I ended up losing the baby. I was heartbroken, but with Richie by my side, I made it through it. We successfully made it to Mark's pack, and he let us stay in his pack. It felt amazing, I finally had a forever home with my mate. Just like in our previous pack, Richie attained the role of being a Guard. He couldn't have been more overjoyed. Like a proud mate, I celebrated his accomplishment. The night we got to Mark's pack, Richie marked me. I am no longer Zane's. Richie was right, he is my true mate. His scent, it's amazing. And every time we touch..

Our story is not over, if anything, it has only just started. Not everything is as simple as it seems. Our story will continue to lavish, and all I know for sure, is that I will try to be the best person I can be- not just for my benefit, but for Richie's as well.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY!!

ALSO: AMELIA ALSO GOT A SECOND CHANCE MATE!!