Seventeen

Author's Note:

Just wanted to share that I'm currently in love with this song and not sure how to follow my sorta planned plot so if this sucks than sorry but love ya -mwah- ALSO 2 UPDATES IN A DAY!!! ARE YOU PROUD YET??????

Lizzy (Elizabeth)

As soon as I escaped the disgusting prison, I run straight towards the near-by forest. After everything that has happened, I finally realized that my family is toxic, and if I have to run away from them to ensure my safety, I will.

As I enter the forest, beautiful colors surround my view. Hundreds of different shades of greens appear everywhere and on anything. Gorgeous pink flowers emerge from lime green stems, right next to the tall blades of multi-shaded grass. Disguised by all the other beauty going on in one area, red and white mushrooms pop out of the dark brown dirt. Nearby squirrels run rapidly up the trees towards the dark nuts that sit upon the skinny branches. In the trees that contain holes, beautiful owls sit, their eye-catching yellow eyes watching the wonder around them. Throughout the forest, quiet yet loud "chirps" are heard. The buzz of the insects rattle around the dense leaves of the tree, making its presence known.

Above it all is a bright, beautiful, blue sky, one without any clouds.

And admiring the beauty of this wonderful place is a short, maybe 5'4" girl. The girl has boring, long brown hair and grey, piercing eyes that look like they could stab you. She walks aimlessly through the forest, wondering what her adventure would bring her. That girl is me.

Except for the princess factor, I used to think I was very average. Now, I'm not so sure. After all, it's not very normal to have a mate who tried to kill you, a psychotic family who probably also wants to kill you, and a strange possibly very powerful power. Also, it's not normal to be walking through a forest in which you have never been in.

In fact, where the hell am I even going?

I quickly shift into my sandy- golden-brown wolf. I really don't know how to explain the coloring of my wolf. All I can say is that it's beautiful. The only problem is that it's extremely small. An average wolf is gimongous next to Sandy (Wolf name). Her and I don't talk much, but our rare conversations are meaningful. I can remember every single word of all of our conversations.

At the 'russle' of a small bush, she takes off sprinting. We don't have good fighting skills so it would be dangerous to stay. While she takes control and runs, I stare and admire the bauty of the nature surrounding us. This is the first time I've even seen these types of trees, and only the 7th time I've ever been outside the castle unless I am at Reese's house.

Sandy runs as if she has a destination in mind. I don't mind that, I trust her to do what is best for both of our well-beings. For around 2 days, we keep running. Occasionally she hunts to get us food, but that's all. I haven't shifted once, or have slept. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't taking a toll on me. Thankfully, Sandy has been staying strong.

"Stop right there," a high-pitch, squeaky voice says, making my wolf halt in it's steps. We look up and see a girl around our age staring down at us. Her arms are crossed while she is balancing all her weight on one side. "Shift."

Sandy barks, knowing I have no clothes to change into. My old clothes were ruined when I shifted into her, and it ruin my reputation even more if I was photographed in a situation like this.

The girl sighs, and quickly runs behind a close-by tree. Then she runs back with what looks to be a red sweatshirt and navy blue, almost black sweatpants.

"I'll be behind the tree," she says awkwardly, quickly running behind the tree.

Honestly, I wonder why my wolf brought us here. We are literally in the middle of no where except for trees and that girl. Thinking about it all, there is something off about her. I know, I know, you should prematurely label someone, but the way she is randomly walking in the forest is a little strange. I quickly change into the clothing. "I'm done."

"Great."