Chapter three

Today was the beginning of school. Anne and Diana walked to school but not in silence. They were excited about what would happen the next school year and how they could still stay mostly the top of class. "This year might be Gilbert's last year at school." Anne said trying not to sound sad. "Then we shall make it the most extravagant year yet." Diana said. "Yet, I did get a letter that Cole will be coming this year but at the half of the school year!" Anne spoke with such happiness in her voice that it sounded like all her worries have washed away. "Oh that is delight. I have been missing him!" Said Diana. They finally arrived at the school. Everyone was crowding around a girl. But Anne and Diana didn't recognize her. Ruby noticed them and walked over to them. "Diana, Anne this is the new student her name is Adeline." Anne walked over to Adeline. "Hello my name is Anne. I will give you my utmost respect and I am happy to make your acquaintance." " Oh hello, my name is Adeline you seem like a genuine friend. You seem like you understand how I feel about this extravagant and bodacious world." Anne stood there shocked. What did those last words mean? How does she know more than I do? Then Anne saw Gilbert staring at Adeline. He started at her like he used to stare at Anne. "Alright class take a seat our lesson is about to begin!" Said Ms.Stacey.